Sverks Sketchbook
I love your line sketches Man, those gladiators on page 2 are awesome. I see on a few posts you've said you don't really understand lighting direction. My advice is to do some still life studies. Set up a directional desk lamp (regular lamp can work to) and a few fruits, and do a few studies with the light shining from different directions. I've learned most about lighting and values through still life studies.

Keep it coming!

Sketchbook ▲  Website ▲ TwitterArtStation ▲ Twitch ▲

Thanks for the advice Jonesoda xD, still life is somthing I been avoiding since I started drawing, should give a try someday.

[Image: CcIBT7T.png]

[Image: QIP1X54.png]

[Image: 7yQfiB2.png]

[Image: ldVgPcz.png]

[Image: DRYNLR5.png]

[Image: hhgKoYj.png]

[Image: 9u4NeU2.png]

[Image: xeArbB4.png]

[Image: Y7bUuZn.png]

More paintings

[Image: SsEgMvL.png]

[Image: SXzAXVD.png]

[Image: 4tQ2421.png]

[Image: oSrlCEG.png]

[Image: JLXmgO0.png]

[Image: Tx5IXpb.png]

Cheesy marines, and a ghost painting

[Image: EhjSNba.png]

[Image: VWBsRZa.png]

[Image: bde9xBb.png]

Love vertical shooters xD

[Image: eW9IlFM.png]

[Image: zOhlfNI.png]

[Image: TWpThqO.png]

Some Mech studies

[Image: E0nBzhR.png]
[Image: iDei90U.png]
[Image: AScWXzW.png]
[Image: HGanCMn.png]
[Image: whubi74.png]

Yo roomie-homie! All those mech designs really inspires me to wanna draw more mechanical stuff, study it and apply it to all sort of cool stuff liek you've done. They look great so keep at it! Would be nice to see you pick out a design and trying to give it a bit of a finished, more polished look. But still painterly and nice ;D

Little mech

[Image: kHCXqgd.png]

If you don't mind me asking, how do you go about design mechanical objects.

Adzerak: Thanks Mate :)

SundryAddams: About Designen mechanical objects, I usually study other peoples drawings or photos, at the same time trying to understand how they function.

Memorize shapes or parts that I like also helps aloot when it comes to drawing from the mind.

[Image: 1q2x9ip.png]
[Image: vw9GATd.png][Image: nZHygbb.png]
[Image: T5sF2Xe.png]
[Image: ZUfdxsn.png]

Loving the lines as usual and those mch studies are awesome! seriously cool stuff. Fo the mechs maybe think about scale?

YOLOLEX never thought about scale diffrence when drawing mechs thanks for the tip :)

I find some old drawings xD

[Image: k6K1b0Z.png]
[Image: hs43zZ6.png]

[Image: 8cFJXNV.png]
[Image: J85R6hw.png]

Very cool sketchbook. I love you sketches especiall, they have very cool loose feel to them.

[Image: ice+somthinh2.jpg]

Shocked 
ramalooke: Thanks!

Another batch coming up Tongue

Usually i never spend much time on a painting, but latey I have been working as long as i can on every painting I have notice that there somthings you can only learn by spendig a lot of time on the same painting.

[Image: EsMvr0R.png]

[Image: CaJ2uSf.png]

[Image: QxvZS9w.png]

[Image: b2kLYSv.png]

[Image: g7zoi4M.png]

Another one

[Image: B6eoGfz.png]

this one I tried to have a proper light direction

[Image: ePibN40.png]

Ey mate! Sweet to see that rendered rock environment finished. You make me wanna paint some rocks man, they all look so chunky and nice xD
Still think you should use a similar environment and add another element to it to make it more interesting (spaceship, dragon(s), buildings..you know heh). I know it's just for practice, but to simultaneously practice on making even cooler pieces can't be a bad thing.

[Image: TsHTqDD.png]

[Image: EdU1B2u.png]

(01-15-2014, 08:25 AM)Adzerak Wrote: Ey mate! Sweet to see that rendered rock environment finished. You make me wanna paint some rocks man, they all look so chunky and nice xD
Still think you should use a similar environment and add another element to it to make it more interesting (spaceship, dragon(s), buildings..you know heh). I know it's just for practice, but to simultaneously practice on making even cooler pieces can't be a bad thing.

True to that my brother.

so much win in here

[Image: kxHA9Tq.png]