Thomas' Sketchbook
@Tooth - Thanks alot man!

[Image: studyd.jpg?t=1341188282]
some sargent study
[Image: DSC_13561.jpg]
i started my moleskine sketchbook, i shouldnt be so precious about it like it has to be perfect throughout, i can always get another haha. pretty fun

i've been livestreaming recently at http://www.livestream.com/mahons - been good, it's nice having the pressure of an audience, but the lag is kind of annoying
[Image: loomis.jpg?t=1341223151]
lookin good man

Thanks Brent!
[Image: gross.jpg]
Random concept
Aw man, I love Dr.Diego so badass haha, really solid rendering and awesome design.
Good work on the Dr. Diego

Thanks for the encouragement guys!

[Image: moleskine.jpg]
got a scanner finally!
finding construction real difficult
[Image: heads.jpg]
self portrait, just in values tho
[Image: sp1-1.jpg]
i am drawing most of the day, just doing work i cant show. hate it

i'd really like some advice about approaching the whole anatomy training thing, just general critiques and advice would be really appreciated, thanks x
Loving Dr Diago and the Traditional sketches man, you nailed the Dr concept !
Thanks man! I appreciate the nice feedback from people

[Image: basterds.jpg]
screenshot study, work in progress, love this film

working on faces more, again, finding proportions really difficult
[Image: enviostudies.jpg]
some colour studies, want to make this a daily thing
[Image: valueanatomy.jpg]

A few figure studies. Big thanks to Sam Carr for his resource compilation. Check it out here: http://www.samcarr.net/p/learning-resources.html

[Image: characters.jpg?t=1341447001]

stuff from imagination. This was really fun, sorry my lines are very messy. also I dont know if I should be doing updates every time I do something new, I'll probably just keep it to a daily dump of what I do from now on.
[Image: basterds-1.jpg]
this how far I wanna take this study, just wanted the face

[Image: jungleboogey-1.jpg?t=1341515599]
composition for just an archer guy at the moment, going to work on his general design next. edit: changed some things that bugged me!

[Image: sketchddd.jpg]
uh just a sketch!

Again, any critiques are much welcome
That sketch is killer man ! its interesting how the simple things for people at your level are the goals for people at my level haha. The face study looks crazy nice too ! I can see huge improvement from when i joined the daggers from you man ! keep hustling !
@JerryActric Thanks for the encouragement, it means a lot. I think no matter where you are ability wise there's always bigger goals, just gotta work hard n chase them! keep it up :D

[Image: jungleboogey-4.jpg?t=1341596767]
So this is probably my first illustration, still a work in progress, obviously.

[Image: tree.jpg?t=1341596869]
a quick study of a tree, for the piece above.
[Image: jungleboogey-8.jpg?t=1341712900]
Heres an update on the piece. Dan Warren gave me a paint over and changed a lot of things, and even though I feel like I can take less credit for this, It's a part of the learning experience and the critiques I get teach me loads.
[Image: poses.jpg?t=1341713389]
some poses from loomis and imagination. bad
[Image: 24653qb.jpg]
doing a 500 face challenge with PkMike.

[Image: 25yu3rd.jpg]
so many strokes

[Image: jungleboogey-9.jpg]
Really not feeling great about this, pretty terrible. Just shows what I need to work on most, aka the human form.
some character sketches I might finish
[Image: spacemonkey.jpg?t=1341881374]
[Image: bot.jpg?t=1341881473]

quick study, playing with the smudge tool after watching brad rigneys demo. not sure I like it but it's nice to experiment
[Image: fighter.jpg?t=1341881523]
[Image: values.jpg?t=1342007544]
[Image: loomis-1.jpg?t=1342007514]

trying more illustration stuff, its kind of frustrating but im having fun. i like how this turned out, much better than my last attempt i think. he was originally dopey, and then I changed him to mega sinister, both didn't really work so i went for a middle

[Image: croc-2.jpg]

[Image: wip.jpg?t=1342133973]
dump!

[Image: hunterdd.jpg]
[Image: studies.jpg]
[Image: pino.jpg?t=1342484953]
[Image: hunf-Recovered.jpg?t=1342484982]
[Image: arms-1.jpg?t=1342534705]
[Image: boug.jpg?t=1342534603]
[Image: knight-2.jpg?t=1342656386]
not pleased with how this turned out, just ended up running out of steam i guess!

wayy too derivative of dave, pretty shamefully so. i think i should start looking for more influences