Thomas' Sketchbook
Nice work, keep it up C: but yeah, doing "confident" lines in anatomy is pretty had :/
[Image: holbien5.jpg]
[Image: thingyschar-4.jpg]

Not very happy with this
[Image: ironsight-3.jpg]

Work in progress for a concept. This is for a friends IP, and practice for me, looking forward to working on it more
nice update man. about what you said on livestream, i plan to start spending more time on some of my stuff, but my wrist is acting up at the moment, so i may take it a bit easy for a bit. thanks for the kind words man

Those characters are looking great man!

[Image: ironsight-9.jpg]

character concept for my friends IP, i'm just doing these for practice, pretty fun so far. I've found it came out extremely derivitive of Sam Carr's characters, going to try and experiment and broaden my influences.
[Image: troll.jpg]
quick speedpaint of some trolls, i painted a similar troll a while back.

[Image: apostle.jpg]
a work in progress for my next character, tried a different set up but im struggling with this piece
[Image: romans-1.jpg]
piece im not going to finish, too broken I think

[Image: monkeystudy.jpg]
study for this guy
[Image: wisemonkey1.jpg]
work in progress ofcourse, going for a trio of wisemonkeys, enjoying myself so far.
cool stuff dude! But for some crit I'd say you need to look into the perspective of your characters, it will made them appear solid and grounded. At the moment they seem to be floating it's especially obvious in the legs.

thanks for the crit rich, I'm struggling with perspective at the moment :)

[Image: deckard.jpg]
blade runner screenshot study. after watching the blu-ray version. really hard to get his likeness but i didn't want to spend too long on it
[Image: alien-1.jpg]
[Image: suit.jpg]

Got my first client the day I left school. Kinda excited but we'll see how it goes. Here's a study of a suit.
some studies.
[Image: DSC_1355.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1354.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1353.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1352.jpg]

getting clean lines is harrddd
[Image: scrapheapslugger.jpg]
mostly done on livestream. had fun with it, just a random character. no rim light!
[Image: cc.jpg]
a quick value study of a random guy. after looking at wes' characters I notice the values have very subtle shifts within each element. plan on doing more of these, and colour ones, pretty fun
I really like the scrapheap slugger, the colours really go well together
thanks Miles!

[Image: cinema.jpg]
a quick sketch i might develop further, want to try and do more illustration and environment stuff. supposed to be a rooftop with it been raining
[Image: loomisff.jpg?t=1341057202]
[Image: arms.jpg?t=1341052854]
bad arms

[Image: cinema-1.jpg]
need to work on this a ton, the city scape is harrdd
Coming along really nicely Thomas, great to see!