Thomas' Sketchbook
thanks dennis and jake. very motivating for me to hear that

[Image: torsox.jpg]

torso study. gonna start on the face studies soon <3
Great work Thomas, like all the painting you've been been doing, do you have a site?

(08-25-2012, 08:06 AM)Jamesxwu Wrote: Great work Thomas, like all the painting you've been been doing, do you have a site?

thanks! yes I do.

www.thomasmahonart.com

www.mahons.deviantart.com

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread....2&page=100
great progress!! the more sketchbooks I see the more I am convinced everyone is running at power level over 9000!! nothing I can say but put on my pom poms and shout groupie lovings to you.
Keep it up!
[Image: hunt-9.jpg]

thanks rookie!

ive been doing my studies for the goldenboy challenge, not posting them until the end of the month though!

[Image: huntwip.jpg]
Beautiful work Thomas, your value control is superb! From here, I think you might want to play around with hue variations, while maintaining your value schemes.
thanks corey! ill work on that, good advice :)

[Image: goblin.jpg]
Great work on these Thomas!
Indeed, the values and form are amazing!
But maybe, in the guy-hiding-from-a-troll one, the dude's pose is a little stiff...
Hihihi!

I'll just repost what I said on Mike's stream so YOU DON'T FORGET!

1. Keep on practicing your drawing! Especially anatomy. There is no such thing as too much anatomy!
2. Work on different materials! You're pro at metal, but cloth/fur/trees/rock need some loving too!
3. Keep playing with different lights! It seems you repeat the same lighting situation on all your characters - all lit up with and also a rim light. Cast shadows are your friends, get to know them better.

Otherwise, gogogo! :D
great studies! your characters look good too!
Amazing progress, I love that troll image.

[Image: merchant.jpg]

livestream character, work in progress!
very nice man progress everywhuuuur

Damnn man your work is looking awesome!

Sketchbook ▲  Website ▲ TwitterArtStation ▲ Twitch ▲

very nice thomas, keep at it!

thanks for the nice words people!

[Image: merchant-4.jpg]
done mostly on livestream
Amazing work Thomas, its prity jaw dropping how far you've come in about 4 months. Your control of values, edges and rendering are beautiful. This latest character is awesome too, my only crit is to sort that drop shadow on his feet, it looks like hes floating with a grey mist around his ankles. Its only a little correction but atm it doesnt do any justice to the awesomeness of your character. Looking forward to seeing more dude, keep it up!

[Image: thomas_orc-herbalist_final_show_zpsfef68598.jpg]

thanks for the crit warburton, and kind words

card art for dream reactor. my first ever jobbb
Said this on facebook. But congrats on getting the job. You're absolutely smashing it man. Big inspiration. Keep it up. :)