Anatomy of a Pinup - Class Closed
These take forever! Been at it all day! but I'll finish them, hell yeah I'll finish them!!

[Image: master-copys-1.png]
3 out of 5 done, so I thought I'd post now. Got like 36 hours to go~

On a side note, you guys are doing freaking awesome F529a952

Available for Freelance - Portfolio | CD Sketchbook | Blog | Email
@Zesiul - you crazy beast!
BigWorm - thanks for doing the assignments..looks cool, maybe you can work more on one of the master copy, of course if you have time :)

eizOga - no worries mate...thanks for posting..yes, i was expecting a bit more tighter but that's ok :) cant wait to see your master copies !

Zesiul - nice start, maybe you should concentrate on just 2 of them as i know how tough to do master copy >_<

Hey, thanks shyam :) yeah the time ( and lack of it) is the biggest problem for me right now, but next week when i'll be back at home im gonna put some more time into this studies.
Here are my first attempts with digital... the rest are pencils
http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?se...857&type=1
@shyam I finished the 5, I know they're kinda.... well really not that correct but I tired, and I'm mostly happy with what came out. Likeliness is such a difficult thing for me, always has been. I'm looking forward to your critiques and such tomorrow.

[Image: Female_Master_Study_2.png]

aaaaaaaah awesome seeing my reference shots being used so much. Amazing stuff all around guys!! Keep kicking it! :)
I've been passing them around to everyone I speak to since Warburton posted them! They're great ref so thank you for them!

I'm streaming the last of my value studies of your skull refs right now!

So couldn't help myself - the master studies looked so juicy - I skipped the skull tonals for now (never fear there's time still :P )
So this is where I am after an hour to an hour and a half on each of these. Having a little trouble - have never been great a getting actual likeness. Shyam wasn't sure what was the focus, but here is a list of the things I've been trying to keep focused on while working on these - hopefully tomorrow's class will be in part about approach to studies:
- Likeness (planes, shapes, proportions, interaction of forces/lines)
- Value scale (darkest/lightest, repeating areas of tone, transitions)
- Stroke/Render style (visual quality, level of detail, retaining some "brush" work, defining edge work properly)

By no means have I been successful in any of these - meaning I can't judge as of yet.

Likely to put another hour in for each at most - I think I'll stay focused on developing a process that means I can be more efficient with the next ones - and learn as much as I can each time.

Glad this was pared down to 2! :P

so far I am astounded @ how much subtlety there can be with such a limited range of value - Shyam correct me if I'm wrong - but this is clearly masterful usage of limited darks and juxtaposing of the same mid range tonal values!

Attached Files Image(s)

Woah! I have been living under a rock! Man you guys are awesome!o_0
Here's my attempt at the skull drawings. I have got food and water and I'm not going to step out of my room till I finish my master copies!8dcf9699

Thumbs Down 
nice to see so many people participating!
These are all bloody amazing !! \o/ Just finished 3rd master painting. Best of luck all o7
What's the name of the masters who did those wonderfull portraits? And i apologize if they are well known and I don't know about them :).

@ Razvan > heres a few of their names - bigworm,eizoga,zesiul,simoquin to name but a few..!
@EizOga Damn those look so so so good!
@Simoquin Hot stuff man!
@Lewislong Oh man oh man, I'm loving these!

Gosh you guys are all so great. Best. Class. Ever. And it's not just cause of boobs. I can't wait for next weeks assignments.

Side note, I know you're probably sleeping Shyam. But how do you want to go about this whole stream thing? Are we all going to just sit in the stream and watch you critique? Whats the dilly-o. Want us to each send you our finished work or perhaps just repost it all in 1 post (mines in like 3). Get back to me when you get on bro! :heart:

Great going everyone !

lewislong - nice…will discuss more once we all meet online
gloominati - yea man, thanks for posting those ref. really appreciate it :)
eizOga - well like i said, i wanted you all to concentrate on the overall proportion & tones/values & whatever you have mentioned.
you studies looks nice..i know its impossible to imitate master..all we can do is try
you are right about the masterful usage of limited darks and playing with mid range tonal values..looks very easy but when you try to paint it …… >__<
simoquin - yes you were :P nice start !
razvanb08 - the very first portrait (girl with head band) is by John William Godward, the girl with curly hair in white lace dress is by William Adolf Bouguereau (4th portrait) and other paintings by John Singer Sargent
Damage - :P
Zesiul - we can discuss about each other's works, you can post whatever you have in this thread so we can discuss about those works as well…yea, having all the artworks in the same post is a good idea, it will be easier to look and discuss for sure.
lewislong - thats a very nice study !

Here is my attempt...now i can see so many mistakes >__<

After John William Godward
[Image: AfterJohnWilliamGodward.jpg]

and a process video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05CIZtzryLw

Hey guys! Here are my attempts at the master copies. i can't wait for the class to begin. Already this exercise has been so much fun! I think I was able to paint the second painting much faster than the first one because of the nature of this exercise itself which is I think to improve you power of observation in case of light and shadow. Shyam, you're a genius! I really wish I had started sooner so that I could have finished more.:(

And Zesiul, lewislong, eizOga, Bigworm.. one couldn't have asked for a more inspiring bunch of people as your classmates. I can see that this mentoring class is gonna rock bigtime!:D

Ok - here they are.

Skull sketchs - didn't manage to do the clean up of line :(
Skull tonals - average 1/2 hour each - missing one skull
Master copy 1 - lost half hour of work do to PS crash - but put the time back in :)
Master copy 2 - worked some more on it his morning

Defintely a learning experience already! Nice to have a chance to learn form everyone
else as well - some nice work already after first week of assingments

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: Line_15.png]
[Image: Skulls_2.png]
[Image: Female_Master_Study_2.png]

Okay here are all 3 of mine reposting.

these are the skulls I used

Attached Files Image(s)