Coreys Sketchbook
Really love the stuff you got going on here, keep up the good work, when you get a min can you give mine a look http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-1501.html

@Nick Thanks. Checked yours too, left a comment

Quick sketches for today

[Image: file.php?id=30&mode=view]
[Image: file.php?id=29&mode=view]
[Image: file.php?id=28&mode=view]
[Image: file.php?id=27&mode=view]

Only thing kind of worth showing..

Will put up some pieces from imagination. Forgot how important that was... somehow O-o

Hey hey. Sorry I haven't made any updates, I have been drawing and drawing.. focusing on my weak points... definitely not gain enough to post them!

heres a couple WIPs that I'd love some advice on.

Sketch for mikes thumbnail challenge

These for today. Dragonnnsss

More progress.. so far to go.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=19071]

Value and anatomy studies.. last one is me trying to apply them. Should spend more time on it..

Commission so far, any tips? ^^

Tonights work

Still a WIP

Ended up with this

Sunday session

Kind of post mortem of these studies:

For these, I'd either tried to limit myself to 20 brush strokes - or had a time limit of 3 - 4 mins. I did this to try and focus on my brush economy, and to emphasise learning about colours and composition without getting into any details. I've definitely learned that my compositions lack A LOT of contrast. They seem dull and lifeless, so I will be trying to include the things I learned here into my next pictures.

Really love the stuff you got going on here, keep up the good work!!! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-1501.html

Nick - Thanks man

Some WIPs

heya corza (: your environmental stuff is crazy, but the figures and fabrics could use some work (: keep going.
That's an interesting layout there corey xD Mm like tess said, to the face studies! :D
Great work man!
Thanks heaps guys. Will work on figures more, plan on doing lots more studies. Getting the anatomy studies going in my moleskine, but will post those up later.

Been working on this lately. Really trying to figure out rendering properly.

Still very WIP.

Turned out pretty facepalm bad, but I learned a lesson in planning your paintings before diving into them, thanks to everyone on the CD hangout.

Onto anatomy studies.. and lighting studies.. and..