Coreys Sketchbook
Been working on some game art allll day with a friend, and a spit paint. Back to studiessss.

More studies and spit paints

Goofin around with these two today. Doing an experiment with a musician friend, he writes a song while I paint on a google hangout. It was super super interesting, I'll post up the resulting music soon!

Hey man, I'm really loving that WIP you've got. It's got a really bad ass composition, and the subject matter is really interesting as well. Really, I think all it needs is just more love and polish. It looks as though there are a few places within the painting you are unsure of, mostly some background elements that could use some more defining.

The anatomy on the woman in the air is looking solid as far as I can tell. I think her perspective is off just slightly. If you flip the image a few times you should be able to see what I mean. Also, consider extending the bottom end of the scythe, pole, or whatever it is he's carrying so it goes out of the canvas. I feel it'd help lock in the composition a bit more.

Hope that all makes sense, haha. If you'd like me to do a quick paintover to better illustrate what I'm saying I'd be happy to help. You're styles really cool, just keep pushing it. I can't wait to see the end result of that piece. :]

Some asset concepts and the current version of the painting. Getting super sick of it now! :D Silly character for someone too.

Some more doodling around. Still trying to get back into studying more.

@Arch Sorry! Not sure how I missed this before. Thanks so much for your critique. I'll attempt doing all those suggestions, I'm still unsure about the perspective on the woman. Been struggling with it so much.

Todays studies and a couple character clothing designs

that fucking knight, corey, that fucking knight

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
Mr Toodles - :D

Let myself down today with my work load.. wanted to get a lot more done. Will try and make up for it tomorrow!

Failed miserably at a sketch today. hooray!

I think it's because I chose to backlight a character? I don't know. Just wouldn't work at all. Time to knuckle down and hammer out lots of life studies. Trying to tackle my weaknesses.

Some more things

Ahhhhhhh shiiii, that purple chick in the last post <3

Some really good pieces in here. And a whole lot of really hard work. Your values are really improving and the colour is killer. Give some love to form, but other than that I really cant criticise at all. Looking so good.

Keep up the good work!

Jaik - Thanks man :D I definitely need to get out and do some life studies to work on form. Attack dem weaknesses.

Chance this week I'll be getting a full time illustration job, super excited and nervous. Should be pretty life changing if it happens. Will have to work harder than ever on art!

Trying to get back into the swing of things