Coreys Sketchbook
Wow, this one's badass!

Thanks man!

Keep forgetting to update this

Some from recent

Monster sketch for an upcoming project (hopefully!)

Very very nice work in here! I really like the eye on the bottom of the last page.

Hey, thanks man!

Some sketches from today

Feel like I'm going backwards, keep at it till I get somewhere I guess.

Yeah, definitely just keep pushing forwards. I get to feeling like that at times, but that little something in my head makes me get up and draw something, so I do. Or else I'll have to murder people (at least that's what the voice tells me).

All insanity aside, you have a really good style developing, so keep at it. And I like the monster designs, naturally. What I'd suggest is that you try and maintain rhythm and strong gesture in your figures, whether it be drawing or painting. Consciously using more curved lines than straights has helped me quite a bit in that regard. Keep it up.

Thanks man, I really wish I'd read that before starting this latest piece! haha. Great advice.. will try to follow it

Couple portraits tonight, will upload rest tomorrow :)

Working on this now :)

Nice stuff dude, always cool to see a mix of solid digital and traditional work. The most recent piece looks cool man, I love the hair and the comp. Might be worth reworking the arm a little if you can, the arm/shoulder look a little stiff atm, that's all. Other than that, looks great, looking forward to the final :).

Ermagerd, this is amazing. Your traditional stuff is great, very creepy. The mood in your pieces also matches your style well. Though you may want to try and be a bit more adventurous with your colours, not saying that yours don't work, they do, but you can definitely tell you have a colour palette you prefer working with. Might be interesting to branch out.

Hey Corey!
Your work has been getting stronger and stronger!
That latest drawing is looking very unified in color and lighting - very nice fashion design :D
Jake- Hey thanks man. I agree about the arm, Ill try and rework it :)
Jaik- Thanks dude! Colours are soooo weak, need to do a tonne of studies haha. Really get lost when choosing them
Ray- Hey man :D Long time. Thanks :)

A couple more.. only had a few hours to get this tree done for a friends single cover. The other ones a silly WIP...

Composition studies of masters paintings tonight. Been taking a lot of notes from instructional videos and working out a budget to attempt joining Noah Bradleys art camp in November :)

Post # 74 looks amazing :)

Dat tree man, looks really cool.
post 70 is my fave so far. I really like it, looks kind of tarot card-ish, don't know how I missed it last time.
Noah's art camp would definitely be a fun thing for you to do, from what I have seen there are heaps of people improving immensely by doing it.

Prabu - Thanks :) will have to revisit it after these master studies I think

Jaik - I really like where that image is going.. I'm scared to touch it haha, need to figure out how to make it look finished. Any crits would be great. The art camp looks incredible, pretty psyched for it. Hoping I can get the cash together in time. Thanks man.

Some master studies, and studies from photos. The bigger study is one from Thomas Moran, really didn't expect it too be this hard. Learning so much from it..

Started sketching from life and a new picture from imagination

Film studies of the movie 'The Chaser'... love these Korean movies!

And some random study of a cave