Craig's Sketchbook
Bug thumbs up for Yours landscapes! One can feel the paintery touch in moutains pieces.
Good job on face sketching :)

Mannequin's Blog :)

Mannequin's CD sketchbook

Deviantart - Add me to Friend list :)

Great sketchbook man, I love the Star trek stuff!

Cheers guys, appreciate the comments. :)

Spent some time doing some armour sketches and studies.

[Image: kqZvnqA.jpg]

Sickbrush class thread, second assignment.

Five line drawings of objects on my desk which I can lift, and a painting of one object.

I found this a lot tougher than the portrait assignment, I'm not too good at objects it seems. May attempt this assignment a second time.

[Image: tUl6OM5.jpg]

[Image: N9UFMII.jpg]

Nice work on Sickbrush's class stuff! I didn't realize those line portraits were for that as well.

Steve Anthony Pierce
CD Sketchbook | Artstation | Instagram | Blog | Twitter | DA | Facebook
A portrait of wrestler CM Punk of the WWE.

Try to give this a bit of a Dishonoured game art style look to it.

[Image: RsMbgx4.jpg]

First part of the third assignment on the Sickbrush thread.

This was much more tough and time consuming than I would have thought.

[Image: 0EB8Pq9.jpg]

The second of the knife painting assignments from the Sickbrush thread.

[Image: HiA4DGa.jpg]

Nice life paintings man, love the portrait too :)

Wow really nice studies going on here. The portrait is great too! Very good stuff!

Cheers guys.

Here's my entry for Michael Doig's 1hr Alchemy challenge. Of course, I always see naked ladies and dragons in these Rorschach like things.

[Image: hv5Ik2Y.jpg]

Getting quite frustrated at my slow rate of improvement. Going to have to find some way of trying to focus my studies into specific areas of weakness.

My CM Punk portrait was featured on WWE Active tonight, during Raw. Which was nice.

[Image: ianjVN8.png]

This is quite a tough one for me to post, as I'm very self-concious about how bad my figure drawing skills are.

I've been making an effort to tackle my weakness in figure drawing head on, and begun to force myself to do some life drawing exercises (well, from photographs) for, at the very least, half an hour to an hour per day.

There are the digital figure drawings I've made so far. Mainly 30 second gesture sketches, some Loomis studies and a few longer poses. I've also been filling a lot of my sketchbook with figure studies, so I'll get those scanned in at some point this week for you chaps to see.

Any pointers and feedback on the figure studies would be much appreciated, as I'm aware it's an area where I need a lot of work.

[Image: v1KAJTRh.jpg]
[Image: YsJoV3r.jpg]
[Image: NAnLNEQ.jpg]
[Image: B1BJ4EP.jpg]
[Image: kNzjjmj.jpg]
[Image: qRjy6V9.jpg]
[Image: 6MDWSjn.jpg]
[Image: ITWXRb2.jpg]
[Image: 97yNr5S.jpg]
[Image: YabFXzl.jpg]
[Image: aRINInU.jpg]
[Image: OSPNK4b.jpg]

A portrait of Michelle Trachtenberg.

[Image: yGJVR5e.jpg]

sweet start to a sketchbook, i predict this will be one to keep an eye on if you keep posting stuff as awesome as this. The latest portrait is especially beautiful, great job.

yup, good job !

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
-Lao Tzu

Blog | Sketchbook | dA
Damn that portrait looks good. And congrats on getting that WWE thingy in the thingy-whats-it.. as you can tell I am totally a WWE fan >.> however, my congratulations are sincere lol.

Out of curiosity, which method of gesture drawing did you enjoy the most?

WOW ! love your portraits ,good job :)

Appreciate the comments chaps. Thank you.

@Warburton - Hopefully I will not disappoint. :)

@Jaik - I think I'm still trying to find a style of gesture drawing which I'm comfortable with. I've been trying out different things, both digitally and on paper.

More work for the Sickbrush class thread, the 4th assignment (I think). A painted and line art drawn self portrait.

[Image: uYVYicl.jpg]

[Image: beMP7aV.jpg]

Great update sir, really nailing these assignments. I'll get to mine next week, hold me to it!