Hobitt-hole
What I'm about to say is just a matter of preference. 

It feels like the values are too close to each other.. It's hard to tell that the guy in yellow is holding a sword when it's zoomed a bit far out. I think it would do the piece some justice if the values are more spread apart. 

There's a grayness to your piece due to lack of vibrancy, not sure if it's intentional. I think it's a nice way of pointing out that the story is set in a lush environment if the whole thing is given more color.

Not sure how much of the paint over will help.. 

I gave (or over-exaggerated) the temperatures on this one. I played with the Curves Layer and I gave the shadows more of a blue tone to show that it gets a bit of light from the blue sky rather than the primary source which is the yellow orange-y sun (which I also bumped up a bit)..

Gave the yellow guy's sword some shine.

I softened some edges that kept catching my eye.

To add. I gave the crab part the most contrast because that's the main thing I'd want to present to people. 

----

If there's any more questions to this, or any thing you think that may seem wrong in what I did, I'm open for discussing this with you.

I got to say, outside your studies, you're becoming more bolder with your color choices. I hope you're on the process of another breakthrough with your next piece.

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
@ John thanks
Decided to show these drawings, really want to learn to construct things with basic forms, so watched Steve Hustons head drawing and rewatched some other vids (and some Vilppu) and now trying to apply it, now im not sure what the next step should be , perhaps ill go though Hamptons book again ( did it years ago), because it feels like i wasted all that time studying anatomy where i didint even have a correct foundation to build upon, so far quite difficult to get the drawing look accurate to the model since its not 2d copying it gets much harder.Ill try to keep these studies to a few hours a day so i dont drop into a study binge want to draw things from my head too.

Basic lay in some from refs some from my head

A bit more structure some from refs some from my head

Now just trying to get used to and apply all the info all from ref

Alright heads from imagination, and decided to start drawing figures with construction, these are done from ref, the goal was to get a basic lay in, looks off to me....

Heads some from ref some from imagination

Figures from imagination

So for the past 3 months i have been working on a personal project with the goal being to improve my perspective knowledge and get better in general. Learned a lot, but also found weaknesses that mostly have to do with human figure, anatomy and organic stuff in general, so my next step is to study that properly, ill try to keep that project frequently updated, since its gonna be a lot of studies.

Here is the full project from start to finish.

The brief i made for this is
"The imperial expedition discovered a new frozen land that is full of giant creatures and natural wonders"

TERRA GLACIO

Attached Files Image(s)

Oh wow. Quite Feng Zhu-ish. I like the caterpillar stall, 4th from the end. And all the caterpillars!! Would love to see some more detail on the cart and mining crane. And you already know what you need to practice about humanoids sooo just good luck :)

Wow great work, maybe a few more studies about composition, lighting, mood and this will be on a new level. Keep it up ^^

'The best way to have a good ideas is to have a lot of ideas ' Linus Paulingth
Lots of detailed, mechanical drawings-- Precise and well-illustrated. Would love to see more coloured/personal pieces! Keep up the great work! :D

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
Dude, your drawings for the new project look badass, keep em' coming!
Your sense of perspective already got much better. I think you could make some use of gestural drawing to get your characters feel more balanced and alive, but really just continue your way. It is getting better!
ur mum

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
@ Neo ,Abnormal ,Bookend ,Flow ,Fedo(?) Thanks!

Alright a new small project to address the figure drawing problem....and i started with logos and environments, the reason being i need context for the figures to exist in, and wanted to start with something i know.

Next up character designs.

Your environments are really neat. Do you use Google Sketchup or do you freehand these?

(06-08-2017, 01:08 AM)dangelowallaceart Wrote: Your environments are really neat. Do you use Google Sketchup or do you freehand these?
everything is done freehand

(06-08-2017, 01:26 AM)Hobitt Wrote:
(06-08-2017, 01:08 AM)dangelowallaceart Wrote: Your environments are really neat. Do you use Google Sketchup or do you freehand these?
everything is done freehand

Your grasp on perspective and 3D space is really solid. Inspiring stuff!

Well this took a bit longer than i planned ohh well....

Characters for the same personal project, learned a ton about the figure , but its not enough ( i know that these are "stiff","lifeless","ugly", maybe even incorrect in some cases, but this is the best i could do at the moment.) I think i know what i need to study to get better at figures, but its gonna take time and lots of hard work, i think i am on the right road.Next up weapons and values.

Attached Files Image(s)

Some interesting design work there, always your strong suit. So I suppose here's a thing to think about; If you evaluated the first figure as stiff (most are very stiff and unnatural yes) instead of doing 13 more in exactly the same way, you worked on loosening up the poses, and working pose and gesture in side studies, and apply to the next one then the next. By #14 you probably would have knocked many of the issues out.

Nice work ethic as always, that is never the problem. Correct self analysis as you go and working the problem as you identify them is probably the more efficient way of working.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
(08-29-2017, 09:02 AM)Amit Dutta Wrote: Some interesting design work there, always your strong suit. So I suppose here's a thing to think about; If you evaluated the first figure as stiff (most are very stiff and unnatural yes) instead of doing 13 more in exactly the same way, you worked on loosening up the poses, and working pose and gesture in side studies, and apply to the next one then the next. By #14 you probably would have knocked many of the issues out.  

Nice work ethic as always, that is never the problem. Correct self analysis as you go and working the problem as you identify them is probably the more efficient way of working.

Thanks, thinking about it , that how i should have done it , my thinking at the time was "atleast the proportions are alright if i try to make it more dynamic i might mess that up and have nothing thats good about it" Now i know that i should have done it differently. Ohh well does not matter i still have a lot to draw and i am working on my figures.

Here is some guns, decided to finish this project up sooner because i think it outlived it purpose ( character practice) and have a lot of other stuff happen that made this last much longer than i planned .