Vandalls Sketchbook
Thanks so much for the response mate, Ive very very aware of the fact I need to plan our my works better before I begin them, perhaps I should actively start doing character design and concept art along side the rest of my studies to build that up? Anyway, Im very aware and it drives me mad. Thank you for pointing out the relationships of the features I wasn't conciously aware I was doing that until now, I need to start drawing the whole face not just individual features. All brilliant points, visiting family right now however

Vandall will return 29/1/13!!!

BIG UPDATE SORT OF... Not really... sorry...

So yeah life sorta got me by the short hairs for awhile there and hasnt let me go, its been tough to draw of late. But this is what I've got out lately, some short studies.

Attached Files Image(s)

Smaller then usual update.

Attached Files Image(s)

Alright, new big piece in the works, the recieving of the sword. Realised I need to balance the scene more but im happy with the start ive made, the elements are looking good and as I build up whats around him and hopefully avoid a cluttered feeling I should be able to pull it off, heres the start plus some other doodles.

Attached Files Image(s)

Just a small tv still copy, trying to post something every day even if its just as small as this.

Attached Files Image(s)

Melanie gave me some wicked advice, I wish I could link to her in here but for the life of me I cant find any link. Ill have to ask. Anyway I was informed I should start studying how to paint skin so im approaching it from quite a base level having no clue how to go about it.

Attached Files Image(s)

Yup melanie is very nice :)
Keep up the good work!

For the 'receiving of the sword' piece, try to set the scene so it looks like the woman really is coming from the water. Right now (could be just the sketch) she looks like she is crouching a little awkwardly where she should be able to stand.
One way to do this is by making the shoreline 'sharp' so it looks like the water is quite the sudden drop, and not gently sloping downwards.

I hope that made sense to you.
A quick WIP of what im working on. BLUDSUKAHZ FO LIFE! ER... UNLIFE!

Attached Files Image(s)

Another update! BLUDSUKAHZ RIDE!

Attached Files Image(s)

Almost there, allllmost there. Need to do some studies tommorrow though. DRAIN.RIDE.KILL

Attached Files Image(s)

And I truely believe I am done at least for now. On to studies for the rest of today.

Attached Files Image(s)

Some study done tonight, getting back into the swing of things again, pretty good pretty happy. Reference

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice studies here!
Thanks mate! Studies and Sketches References: 1,2

Attached Files Image(s)

I totally did that last portrait study too...she had such an awesome face and expression :)

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
LOTS OF UPDATES SUKAH
SNAKES AND BOOBS GETTIN' READY FOR A NEW PORTFOLIO PIECE YEAH.

Attached Files Image(s)

Awesome! The snake studies are coming along so well! I'm excited to see your newest piece hihi :D

Also is this girl the one from Vikings? Looks good!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=15713]

Just some more snake faces, they always seem so happy. Finally realised right before I stopped their fangs actually come out from the roof of their mouths like wings and are actually hooked. Oh! And some Samurai doodles I dont know if I ever uploaded.

Dana; Nope i think that was Skyrim cosplay, but I really need to watch that show.

Attached Files Image(s)

More snakes and some hands, building up to my newest big work I guess.

Attached Files Image(s)

Lots of quick sketches. Mostly studys for the Medusa painting I'm working on. Though thats been put on hold for Bloodsports 15. GRAVEYARD GOLEM and UNDERTAKER SORCEROR. Some doodles for that too.

Attached Files Image(s)