smrrfette's Odyssey
JyonnyNovice - Hey thanks for the encouragement man <3 oooh. I love Mingjue's work, thx -- definitely no where near there yet but I will get there ~ nah, I colour them later
Yeah spot on with the crit believe me, I see all the shit wrong with it :D thank you again <3 <3

Today:

Slightly redoing CC2 - as far as I can by the end of today. Just forcing myself to use my time wisely. As Amit said -- we had 3 weeks. I mean come the fuck on, steph -_-

tl;dr I'm tired of making stupid af mistakes :D and am going to push myself like I once did.

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
That's the spirit! Good luck. Looking forward to seeing the finished work!
:)

--

edit: i've just been diving deep into your sb and some of your older stuff is amazing!

I can see Mike azevado in here: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/attachme...?aid=68305
super cool stuff, you handle color so well

Piotr Jasielski - Hahaha cheers Mr. Bread! I'll keep at it following work during the day 'til I'm satisfied 047

Alrighty another quick update

Sketchbook page - yeah I'm gonna get back into sketching! Finally 

sketchbook | pg 52

Your work is amazing, mostly traditional.

Got to say, your latest pencil sketches....wow! Keep em coming!

Fuck yeah! Gurl you is on fire. You're stepping up the game with some of these latest pieces. Although the city fight scene - I've seen urotsukidoji... I know what you're doing there...

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
You look like you're having a ton of fun with your work. I can't wait to flip through this thread for inspiration!
Hey smrr, lots of cool stuff here! :) Yes, keep sketching in your sketchbook, that is what it is for. BTW, what are you working on in that painting of the moon and flying things?

"Drawing is a skill like hammering a nail. You might not be great at it yet, but there is nothing stopping you from gettin' down and hammering away." -Irshad Karim

Sketchbook!
____________________________________________________________ Thanks for popping into this hell hole for a bit guys, <3

Mechanizoid - Haha cheers Mech <3 and uhhh, I was considering redoing CC2 in a fit of rage. It's in the backburner now - if I find the time I'll get to it

Ninjerk -  
Thanks man! Super sweet of ya! For the most part, except for when I make silly mistakes which at the time I make them, I don't realise I'm making and then facepalm super hard. But in the near future lmao about it ahahaha n_n

RottenPocket - Holyyyyyy shit, I've gotta rewatch thattttttt ;) hahaha thanks RP!

Elderscroller -  I've gotta step it up! Thanks man <3 

Sketchosoph - Dude you're too kind, thank you! I've gotta pump up the jam now! Will do o/

Lussios - Maybe my digi stuff will level up soon if I work on my process ~ thank you Lussios!
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Alright I'm done raging with myself for a bit
Enjoy the process, enjoy the journey girl, 
you do you, and:
"be the squirrel" as my brother Jan put it
<3

Quick update because I've gotta get better at updating here :/

30mins

I finished this still life but started working on the SP above and saved over the finished PSD lol - only had a 1/2 finished jpeg saved of it when I realised what I'd done ;-; shit happens - I learned from the finished study anyways n_n

mandarin peel

changed the cc2 thing a couple hours after my last update and left it. totally unfinished. gotta move on for now. maybe I'll revisit in the future, we'll see.

30min experiment

cap study for a thing I'll be making (and probs not posting here lmfao ;o) the rest are from imagination

So it's a lousy update - I've been lost in my head for the past week
Many unanswered questions and all that

Oh! Something fun - I made a paintover thread!
http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7507.html

I really want to give back to the community, 'cause I love you guys and can't thank you all enough for all the crits that helped level me up over the years. 
Also it'll help me stay active in the community lol

Anyways, it's Mother's Day so I've gotta go make ma a great day, 'cause damn am I thankful <3 o/

sketchbook | pg 52

Loving the way the pencil energy translates to painted stuff as well also the sense of movement is strong in your sketches and brushwork, me gusta :)

I can't help but notice that some of the most promising stuff could use more deliberate approach and more , well I guess - patience? I don't know, that's something I've been trying to nail down lately, so maybe it might help!

iCi - Thank you kindly Ivan n_n still gotta way to go with translating haha. 
ooh, idk which one's you're talkin' about xD but thank you!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

quick update!

It was Mother's Day and I'm a sucker for being grateful
so I only have
2 sketchbook pages
from me head

pls take them
<3
i hope dis offering
is enough

sketchbook | pg 52

You should try some harder angles with the SP. That girl in the last page with the worms eye angle looks off. You should be able to see the underside of her jaw and the back of her cranium is missing.

Jesus...I've never seen the steps leading up to your CC 1 Game of the Thrones piece. Like, W T F, SMMMR? ? My DAMN: Bravo. BRAVO! Everything fell in place quite nicely. Bring that type of thinking and planning to each of your pieces and you'll be WELL on your way.

Your strong preference for perspective may be shaking
up your mind space a bit tho... I think it loosened a screw during your CC2 piece :P which is GOOD because now you know where that screw goes and you can better prevent it from falling out again. :3

The sketches are still dope, the work flow is as ill as ever...
mhmmm continue to follow your gut. Exercise your intuition. Sometimes you gotta close the book and lose yourself in YOUR art. Do this while trying to improve and see where that gets you.

__________________________________________________________________________________Thanks for checking in dudes <3

Jaktrayter -  Hahaha cheers Jak, ya legend <3 yeah I shot myself in the foot with CC2 lmao, I wanna distance myself from that trash as much as possible. I'll come back shiny and new, that's a promise. Will do man, I pretty much try to do me daily and when I fail, well, such is the name of the game <: thanks for popping in with top advice and for adding fuel for my fire

Adam Lina -  I actually learned a lot from these last SPs, particularly the 2hr one. I mean yeah, I do need to switch it up - but not when there's still so much to learn - also, there's only a few comfortable ways to hold a pose in for these studies lol. Totally agree with you on the silly chick's face with the non-cranium. Second I drew her, I was like, fck it and now I regret not fixing her because you called me out XD cheers Adam <3 !
__________________________________________________________________________________________

another weak-ass update
better an update than none at all tho

sketchbook page

so much in the works.

sketchbook | pg 52

Today was a legit reeval day
Updated my Deathline
and goals offline

Didn't have time for much
but managed to poop these out in the past coupla days

15min failed, unfinished study from life waiting at the docs for a flu vac
as you can see, I didn't consider perspective... or critically think at all for that matter. Such a failure lmao :D

serratus muscle study
now comes the time I actually do need to study anatomy, since my knowledge in perspective is passable.
This is it.

45min still life study

also, updates to my paintover thread! From now on, I'll update my signature with a time-stamp if I've updated it.
But yeah, shit - helping people out is honestly becoming a high o_o it's really something else... I love it!

But yeah, gonna try updating my sketchbook at least weekly from now! 

onwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarddddd o/

sketchbook | pg 52

Just found your Inktober Asami drawing dated June, it's so awesome! Im checking out random pages from time to time, since your SB is already so big. I also saw some boxes following a curve, presumably an excercise from drawabox.com, I must give it a try!
It's great that you help people, I think you learn from it, too!

Nice going. Cool that you started anatomy, started that aswell. If you need something resource wise I might be able to help you find it. ^^

Awesome sketchbook Smrr! I loved your self portraits - especially the painted ones - excellent. Keep up the awesomeness!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

_________________________________________________________________Thanks for peeping in my peephole(?) y'all--!! <3
Artloader - You're too kind Artloader <3 <3 got a long way to go before awesomeness, but thank you o/

BrushNoir -  Cheers BrushBlack :D

neopatogen - Hey thanks neo n_n ! You're a LOK fan!? *high fives*! Haha uh-oh, well I hope you're prepared to witness a buttload of fails lmao -- oh and yes! That exercise helped me out a lot! Defs give it go! 
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday means it's update time!

Not much to show, just some:

still life studies

for the first time ever I used a photo for a self portrait study. It was... both good and bad. It was good because the shot was softer and the forms were hard to read, so it really made me work to push the forms from my head. Also good because - finally, a different expression! A more al naturale look, if you will. This is legit how I look, without pulling a face  In love In love
The negative was that the colours from the photo sucked, the lighting sucked. It would be hard to learn much from photo-based self portraits only (that is if you're taking the photo on your shitty phone camera. Photo studies in general with a decent camera are... alright).
I really played with the expression and exaggerated the forms to give more character.

Character studies
Selected frames from "The Losers" - one of my fave movies

(Civil War was the shit, I want to watch it at least 20 times over omfg ;-;)

more studies

Notes: I feel like I've managed to break through a wall I've been struggling to surpass for months. 
I finally feel like I'm in the game again. That I'm in the same head-space I'd possessed when I began the odyssey

Just gotta keep consistent baaaaaaaaaaaabyyyyyyyyyy

'til next time!

sketchbook | pg 52

Holy crap smrr! You'd do great with comics. This is amazing, keep it up!