smrrfette's Odyssey
woop woop

Hey! Been a while since I last popped in. The sketchbook stuff is looking as awesome as ever, and those paintings have leveled up a hell of a lot. I really like the style you're cultivating with them, too! The Mario pieces are great. :D

Nice updates here, your UFC-esque Mario characters are ace, would love to see more!

cgmythology -  Cheers man <3 haha I get bored real easy with stuff like this - but I'm thinking I'ma redo Mario's and add a Toad in before I wrap it up and move on :3 maybe return to it in the future :)

Archreux - means a lot to hear, Arch <3 still keeping me motivated like back in 2013 ^_^ thank you! gotta keep on the grind! keep kicking arse-butts!

Jan Kloidt -  <3 <3 <3 bru! 

Fedodika -  one day hopefully! thanks you fedodidikdika <3 <3 

Yay, posting in the olde sketcharino - I can let  my real thoughts on what I've worked on surface, finally

Sketchbook pages -- I know where I'm going wrong and now all I have to do is figure out how to consistently tackle my problem. 
All from head, obv

Quick movie still studies to get out of art block where I forgot my digital art process -_-

I fucking hate these Mario sketches :D (pardon my French *ahem*)
First one was made working through an art block and the 2nd was made a day after, because I felt like painting a bit more... but eh, lost interest 70% through and stopped.
Both of these aren't affiliated with the series I was/am doing - they're simply lessons learned

There, that feels good, now, onto making more stuff!

oh! and I've been dabbling in some rough animation
first was a test
and second is gonna be a gift <3 woop woop! #stucky haha - working on it during my warm up in the mornings
super fun, super hard and it has a long way to go before it's gonna be finished -- because firstly, there's obviously more than meets the eye with animation and yknow, I have no idea what I'm doing so...
yea.

posting a day early = missing out on some work but belherpehr~! 
Lets make week 10/52 count!!

NOTE: I will forever post my fails to this thread, until there are no more fails, and even still ...

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
haha smrr i love your sketchies it really feels like there's something there, like really solid in space

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Good stuff, great amount of studies. You're starting to get really comfortable with drawing.

You're doing great with your studies! I particularly like this sketch, almost feel like running there on the roofs like in kind of Assassin's Creed game.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=78459]

Feeling stupid to ask, but as you seem to understand this topic, could you please tell if the blue curve on page 88 from S. Robertson's book (I made a screenshot) is the same as the top curve? It's been 3 days that I'd been returning to this topic and I just can't get how exactly he transfered that damned top curve from plane x to plane z Devastated, very sad
[Image: 1c7b900d77.jpg]

Super quick short update to answer a q - not an actual update lmao

Fedodika - babbbyyyyy <3 <3 haha I still hate my sketches. ffaaaahk

Piotr - cheers man <3 Hmm, kind of :/ I feel it, I sometimes capture what I want things to look like and then lose it. All.

neopatogen - Hey you! Cheers for the AC comment, love that series; too bad a stuffed that sketch hard haha

(03-08-2016, 04:16 AM)neopatogen Wrote: Feeling stupid to ask, but as you seem to understand this topic, could you please tell if the blue curve on page 88 from S. Robertson's book (I made a screenshot) is the same as the top curve? It's been 3 days that I'd been returning to this topic and I just can't get how exactly he transfered that damned top curve from plane x to plane z Devastated, very sad 

Hmm, I don't believe it is the same curve. That blue curve is one half of the bottom plane - left to be specific - the black curve is actually the central top curve (that's what makes this exercise so difficult) and the red verticals are what find the top curve above for the blue line... If that makes sense? Sorry, I suck at explaining things :/
But to be honest... I'm not even up to that exercise in H2D hahaha. The most important thing I've realised is that I tend to skip over the fundamental -- *easy-looking* -- stuff because I'm like "k lol. easy." but in actual fact, it's only until I actually ingrain the concepts behind the "easy" stuff that the following exercises become much easier.

The same goes for anything we study, I've found.

I hope that helps! Although, I may just be rambling ahah. Take what you will from my jibber jabber :)

And not to reply to le sketchbook without a drawing
Hogarth study 1

sketchbook | pg 52

(03-08-2016, 02:30 PM)smrr Wrote: Super quick short update to answer a q - not an actual update lmao

Fedodika - babbbyyyyy <3 <3 haha I still hate my sketches. ffaaaahk

Piotr - cheers man <3 Hmm, kind of :/ I feel it, I sometimes capture what I want things to look like and then lose it. All.

neopatogen - Hey you! Cheers for the AC comment, love that series; too bad a stuffed that sketch hard haha

(03-08-2016, 04:16 AM)neopatogen Wrote: Feeling stupid to ask, but as you seem to understand this topic, could you please tell if the blue curve on page 88 from S. Robertson's book (I made a screenshot) is the same as the top curve? It's been 3 days that I'd been returning to this topic and I just can't get how exactly he transfered that damned top curve from plane x to plane z Devastated, very sad 

Hmm, I don't believe it is the same curve. That blue curve is one half of the bottom plane - left to be specific - the black curve is actually the central top curve (that's what makes this exercise so difficult) and the red verticals are what find the top curve above for the blue line... If that makes sense? Sorry, I suck at explaining things :/
But to be honest... I'm not even up to that exercise in H2D hahaha. The most important thing I've realised is that I tend to skip over the fundamental -- *easy-looking* -- stuff because I'm like "k lol. easy." but in actual fact, it's only until I actually ingrain the concepts behind the "easy" stuff that the following exercises become much easier.

The same goes for anything we study, I've found.

I hope that helps! Although, I may just be rambling ahah. Take what you will from my jibber jabber :)

And not to reply to le sketchbook without a drawing
Hogarth study 1
 Thank you for your reply! It was.. errr... well.. I just have to study more  :)
Love your self-portraits  btw. I'll try to paint same of myself if I figure out how to take the mirror from the bathroom lol. Or just to draw it with a pencil if I won't figure it out. Or to paint reflection from my metal desk lamp. No excuses, right?

yooooooooooo the ufc smash bros ones are super tight!! They're looking quite badass and I gotta say I'm really loving your style, there's so much personality and dynamism (is that a word lol) in the lines
[Image: AuQCUY4CMAEDVon.jpg]
paste your face in there. Excited to see where you take that look. Quickly improving here, keep goin!
Wow its really nice to see all the new content youve been putting out here. So many studies too! Keep it up, you'll become a beast XD
Haha love those pieces with the Mario team. They would do cool portfolio pieces. Do you intend on finishing them?
Cheers!

Ah, I'm just dropping in but I love the way you use the round brush! Your lines are so nice ;-; I feel like sometimes you're struggling with your facial proportions though? Saying that the recent film studies are stellar so I may just be tired. Keep it up! 8D

Holy Batman, that's a lot of love  In love thank you all for poppin' in to my examine my poop

Eristhe haha thank you! Yup I struggle with a lot of things <3 will get better if I keep pushing~ cheers!

RickRichards -  Hey thanks man, means a lot - I mean they were meant to just be sketches done in 6hrs... I do plan on doing s'more like Toad and Peach and Daisy though. We'll what the future brings!

AngeliquevdMee -  hey thanks Angelique <3 that means a lot coming from you! dodeqaa and yourself are beeeeeeasssts in that study thread > me gusta ;A;

BenFlores -  goddammit Ben xD ! Thanks <3 <3 I like to think I'm improving ;_; 

Ren -  could be more badass D: thanks a lot for the kind words (and yes thats a word :D - its what I actually hope to achieve in my work o_o ! so your comment means a lot to me <3)--! 

neopatogen -  lmao yeaaaah, again, I'm terrible at explaining things for the most part. Cheers! Took a while to get what I was Ooooh, go for it-! You're right, no excuses--!
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Crimson Crucible update

I failed pretty hard
I panicked with the time constraints and the option I chose
So in the end, I wasn't happy with my idea or comp
I wasn't able to finish it either, no matter how much I busted my ass on the last day and night (and morning)

But you know, with art - you some, you lose some. I will be back, stronger and more knowledgeable than the last time

I feel like because I basically just went for it without studying much... I know exactly what to study now.
Perspective (ofc), gotta speed up my painting process (though that'll come with prac), simplify forms (design), simplify LIGHTING GODDAMMIT (perhaps movie still studies and still lifes) as well as ideation process. I struggle with ideas hardcore
So I gotta lot to work on

But at least now, there's not as much haze in the way

I will give it everything I've got again and more for the next Crucible

Also, one of possibly one of the most important things I learned: 
I've got to watch the EFF out of Game of Thrones!!!!!!!

sketchbook | pg 52

cool stuff Smrr looking forward to that illustration, looks like it's gonna be awesome

Smrr you're killing it..but I can't help but notice a big problem with the mario ufc fighters...there's a distinct lack of waluigi! :P.
Seriously though, great updates, looking forward to seeing more dude :D.

Duuuuude, you're stuff is so cool. Loooove those mario sketches and your style is just hnnng <3
I gotta get back and update my sketchbook as well djeebus
Thanks a lot guys <3 <3 <3 In love

Trigger - lmao, noted ;)

Just a CC2 update

I'm gonna stop sucking now, kthx byeeeeeeeee o/

sketchbook | pg 52

Awesome smrr, I love how you leave some of the linework in, on this one and the mario ones before - reminds me of Mingjue Helen Chen when she does Gotham Academy (you got to do some kind of comic with those UFC characters!). When you draw these do you use the coloured lines from the start or do you colour them later?

If I had to give a crit on that last one, its just that it's harder to see all the details within the main character shape, have to look quite closely to get his face and eye and see all that's happening in there. Still awesome though ^^

Keep rocking!

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453