Angies sketchbook of stuff and things
I might be playing around too much with just one new brush now but goddam it's fun!

WIP on a dragon trainer picture, just hashing out the light and composition, colours etc and seeing where it goes..

Attached Files Image(s)

Practice sketches

Attached Files Image(s)

It was the 30th Anniversary of the release of Aliens last night!! I watched it, of course, and sketched this out in between.

Attached Files Image(s)

eye practice from memory, some portraits with the caricature just using the portrait as reference, some 20's woman and a digital sketch and quick colour of Monica Bellucci and Vincent Cassell..

Attached Files Image(s)

Had some time to just draw what I wanted this week, so I did Cara Delevingne for this weeks Caricaturama Showdown on Fb...

Attached Files Image(s)

holy crap awesome likeness on that caricature, those eyebrows! pherhaps a hardedge would make them look even more solid, awesome sb man ill deff be back

Dawckbook

Stream

When in doubt ask yourself, what would scooby do?
Haha, thanks dawckward..I think you're right, I need to work on my edges more, thanks! :D

---
A doodle of Max Landis, got bored of the painting, decided to scrap it and start again so I did a lose sketch to warm up and I kinda liked it so I coloured it in...

I'm also doing the Fundamentals of Light course over on Schoolism.com, just got a subscription which I've realised is just like joining an art school gym :D a constant feeling of guilt when not using it as it's already paid for and just sitting there. Anyway, I've done lesson 1 so far and it's a lot more indepth than I thought it would be, really enjoying it.

Attached Files Image(s)

Finished a Half in a Bag picture I've been working on...

Attached Files Image(s)

Trying to study light a bit more in my downtime painting and I really liked this picture of Kristen Stewart in The Clouds of Sils Maria (ok film, gorgeous cinematography). I might leave this as is or add it to my monster file of half finished shit for later, not sure..

Attached Files Image(s)

Saw the great new Crimson Crucible challenge, http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-72.html, and got a bit inspired, so these are the doodles I've done so far, usually in the 10 mins before I go to sleep...

Attached Files Image(s)

Doing a Character Design Challenge on Fb...This month is Vampire...

Attached Files Image(s)

Very cool, Love the pencils and caricature work. hope to see a final from you for the CC :)

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Thanks very much Amit! I hope I have time to do a final for the CC, it's been great looking at all the stuff produced.

-------

Finished my little vampire girl for the Fb vampire challenge, now gonna sketch some more CC stuff before bed.

Attached Files Image(s)

Assignment 2 of Sam Neilsens colour course at Schoolism. This lesson concetrated on value and colour and how different colours bounce light onto other objects...

Attached Files Image(s)

The picture that never dies has had a resurrection, really didn't like Comicbookgirls face so I went back to a version I liked better and worked that up, I like it now...that may change :P

Attached Files Image(s)

Happy New Year!

I started 2017 watching the UFC and got a bit bored and sketched. Then I decided to join in the #Caricatureresolution2017 thingimajig, first 3, Danny Devito, Aaaarnie, and Uma Thurman...

Attached Files Image(s)

Days 4 and 5 of #caricatureresolution2017..

Quentin and Samuel...

Attached Files Image(s)

Been working on some commission, which is a surprise being January but that's a good sign I hope :) so I haven't had time to upload my #Caricatureresolution2017 stuff for a while, so here's a big dump of faces...

Bruce Willis
Liv Tyler
Elijah Wood
Rainn Wilson
Steve Carell
Paul Rudd
Robert Downey Jr
Chris hemsworth
Jessie Eisenberg
Kristen Stewart
Emma Stone
Michael Cera
Jonah Hill
Anna Kendrick
Rebel Wilson

20 down, 11 to go

Attached Files Image(s)

3 sketches for a family portrait commission, going to be a digital painting, they chose no.3.

Days 21 + 22 for #Caricatureresolution2017 (Stiller and Ferrell)

and another small commission for a friend, a mini oil painting of a dog, well the main shapes, colours and textures anyway. I just have to wait for it to dry so I can finish it and make final adjustments etc...not sure how long that will take though, I accidentally got too much walnut oil in the colours and they came out a bit too thin, but I liked how creamy it was to apply and it looks quite effective...

Attached Files Image(s)

loved the superbad and zoolander caricatures! You're a very good draftsman and seem to have a great understanding of anatomy. I saw a couple of pages back you had a lot of projects on the go... have you seen Jake Parker's YouTube videos regarding starting and finishing projects? 

Keep going!
Joe