Angies sketchbook of stuff and things
Thanks very much Hypnagogic :D :D

---
update - a couple of WIPS

an LOTR themed caricature commission and the dragon trainer picture, I thought it needed a better story and composition so added a messenger bag to the dragon and another trainer in the background..hmm somethings just not quite working...

Attached Files Image(s)

Update on the commission..

Attached Files Image(s)

Not worked on the commission much, I've been knitting a lion for a friend (as you do) just rejigged his face around a bit as I wasn't happy with the likeness and structure of the head..

Attached Files Image(s)

A very rough concept inspired by Alexander McQueen...something to give me an incentive to do some dramatic lighting studies, mostly from memory.

Attached Files Image(s)

Worked on the commission all day today :) feeling positive about where it's going, getting a bit more confident putting purples and greens in the skintones not sure it's right but it looks interesting and I'm having fun.

I'm nearly done on the guy, then I just have to clarify the orcs in the foreground and neaten and sort out the background :D

Attached Files Image(s)

Having a change with this months ISCA facebook contest...Dean Konop, I'm finding it hard to get a good likeness, I'll try again..

Attached Files Image(s)

Fun with orcs..

blocking them in and having fun with shapes :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Finished the commission of my friends boyfriend :D really enjoyed it, I think I only overpainted it slightly, which is an improvment lol

Attached Files Image(s)

Dean Konop final submission for the ISCA contest...

Attached Files Image(s)

Changed the head on the commission..it wasn't working, now I've got to refine the likeness and maybe change the angle of the hands and sword..

Attached Files Image(s)

Just playing around with an idea for the Bali Challenge. Dante Gabriel Rossetti's 'Lady Lilith' as Marianne from Raiders of the Lost Ark...

Attached Files Image(s)

Finished the commission for my friend...I find it hard to stop and let go, but I had to redo his whole head and I think it looks better, I will look with fresh eyes tomorrow and do a test print.

Attached Files Image(s)

Made a few more adjustments and flipped him round, I think it looks better that way, had to call it finished to send it to print, I need to practice more so I make better decisions and use less brush strokes...that is the mission this year.

Attached Files Image(s)

Tonights quick sketch of Adrian Edmonson and Rik Mayall in Bottom, mostly from memory (After I did a sketch I redrew it without ref but looked at the sketch from time to time)

..still can't believe Rik's gone :( RIP you utter b*st*rd <3

Attached Files Image(s)

Progress on the Bali Challenge master study..

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi Angie

Great stuff happening here ! It seems you're having fun with those.

I see you're doing master study challenge, gl :)

nothing to critic. I Like the painterly brush :p

take care angel
sketch dump, pages from my sketchbook: The Bali challenge sketches, sketches on the train and some caricature doodles (one on paper that got crumpled in my bag)...

Attached Files Image(s)

Finished Bali Illustration workshop challenge..i posted it late i thought it was tomorrow at midnight..doh, anyway it was a good practice, i enjoyed it. :D

Attached Files Image(s)

Blocking in the colours on two projects I started a while ago...

Attached Files Image(s)

Some painting practice, started with a value sketch of Shirley Bassey and then coloured her in, tightened the important bits and tried to keep it loose. And a self portrait/caricature...

Attached Files Image(s)