BLOODSPORT 13 - TIME WARRIORS
Hello Everybody,

Here are few more studies before i get into full colorization and gain the confidence to finish my entry.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Changed my direction completely, and a lot happier with these ideas. I hope I can make the deadline with something decent!

[Image: TimeWarriors_Studies02.png]

[Image: TimeWarriors_Studies01.png]
Sooo... I'm not very good yet at doing full illustrations or even designing stuff, but that's what the bloodsport challenge is for, right? I like the possible mixtures of scifi/fantasy/history, especially since I am a scifi noob, so I'll just give it a try!
I'll go for scifi world and fantasy character.

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!
Loads of cool shit and ideas going on here, prity awesome stuff.

thumbnails
[Image: thumbs_zps2ba89efb.jpg]

initial sketch
[Image: wip1_zpsc5ba1ef9.jpg]

Greeting Daggers!

I'm new here, altough I've been watching you guys until now from the bushes on your front lawn.

Just finished some comps and some rough character concepts so here they are.
I welcome critiques if anybody cares enough to do so :)

My take on the Time Warriors bloodsport is as follows:
High-tech alien in amish times-

main character: high-tech small lizard-like alien
companion: giant amish scarecrow, animated and equipped with phasers brought by the time traveller
villains in cover: amish nazis armed with their weapons of choice - pitchforks, axes, rakes and schytes
world ends/must be saved: because Jebediah Hitler is raising barns all across the world destroying anything and everything to make room for fields and butter-churners

[Image: timewarriorscompsketches_zps804f1c9a.jpg]

[Image: timewarriorsmaincharconcept_zpsbb58a534.jpg]

[Image: timewarriorssidekickconcept_zps5ee3ea52.jpg]
hey guys, awesome stuff!! my WIP again.

(03-18-2013, 09:07 AM)Melman Wrote: hey guys, awesome stuff!! my WIP again.

clever with the skull in the clouds :) lookin really awesome!
Here's uptade from me.
the hero is a futuristic soldier brought back to time of magic
his sidekick - fairy. you know the tinkerbell from peter pan type.
mobs/ villains - cultist of some dark religion

More progress. I want to go for a Bisley-Frazetta feeling colour style for this. let's see how it goes:

More work for the Bloodsports. Got the costume for the hero pretty much down. Some environments, just playing with the feel of things. And sketches practicing some Frazetta style stuff.
[Image: Character_Design.png]
[Image: Future_Landscapes.png]
[Image: Past_Landscapes.png]
[Image: Sketches_mar_17_2013.png]
Looking tough guys.

Available for Freelance - Portfolio | CD Sketchbook | Blog | Email
some studiessss. oddly enough Braveheart had both types of faces I wanted to study. go figure.

@forrest- Thanks man, yea I need to do some more studies I finally figured out the composition of my piece so I will start studying for that did one already mainly focusing on how the guy was holding the gun not so much anything else. I also think the orc/ogre guy thats about to be eaten seems to be more focused on the girl and maybe he could be looking up cowering at the snake? Just a thought man other than that great work so far love how its coming along!

@mike086- I really dig the first one it looks like a warrior guy kind of like defying a spirit type being of some sort, or the bottom on the far right, look good to me cant wait to see more man keep working hard at it!

@cerkvenik- Great stuff so far man, I agree with forrest and I dont know if its just me but I feel like we cant see enough of the future guy and to me looks a little too close to the other one I could be totally seeing things to I am sleepy so feel free to ignore this as well :D other than that great stuff.

@Joshua Meehan- I really dig the 2nd one, plus look into a show on history channel called Vikings they got some great reference on it for viking gear. Plus I also like the first design you could get some good colors if those were typical blue tattoos or warpaint on a red mars background, keep up the good work.

@Royugang- Great concept and really dig the designs (especially the evil dudes) Your killing it man keep up the great stuff cant wait to see how you take all these studies into the final product.

@Marshaluhls- Great sketches so far cant wait to see what you come up with!

@Lyraina-Great thumbs I really dig 5 and 6, great design to so far for the character!

@Warburton- Great thumbs I really dig number 1 and 4 the most, cant wait to see more!

@sixspade- Haha awesome concept! I would probably stick with a more realistic look of the scarecrow holing the pistols normally but they could be attached to his hands in some way like tied to the sticks he has for arms or something also try looking at burlap sacks and study how they rip and tear. Keep it up man!

@Melman- I really love this one man just keep hammering at it and cant wait to see it done!

@Tatar88- really like the design and concept of the two characters, I would do a few anatomy studies of men and women, but great stuff man!

@BrotherOstavia- I can already see the awesomeness coming together in this man cant wait to see it finished!

@Zesiul- Great work man really love those enviros, I am really digging those ones with the purple hues and moon base look to them, I hope you go with a purple and cool color type color pallet it would do really well I think.

@MikeF- Good going on the studies man! Love the look of the sketches you got going so far, the second one really reminds me of Army of Darkness.

me- I need to do some perspective studies and a few clothing studies (always anatomy) got my initial idea of where I am going with it composition wise. I decided against the knife and I think he will be using a mini gun and just mow down police robots in a blade runner/5th element type future, with his little buddy right behind him. Have several studies planned out so will bust through it all and try and get done by Friday!

@everyone- Keep working all this sexy work is everywhere!!

Hi there, I usually like to find the proper sketch for my image and start to drawing right away. I have a visual memory that avoid me of loosing the momentum and find aproximate designs. Here we can see some of the references that I check to make the studies inside the illustration, adapting them to my needs...this is my way...
I keep working on my image, fixing things and trying to make it pop more and be the perfect RPG cover, hope you like it so far! :)
[Image: SchaatNa11-refs.jpg]
so here is the final version of my entry ;P
at least i think this now...
pluuus a few study...
(lol my poor sister with the banana... XDDD)

Gotta love that Lamassu!

Thanks! ^...^ it was fuuun!

Sup guys. Great stuff so far, very inspirational! Here's what I got so far.

I still need work with designing the plane. Color needs some work too. And maybe the composition needs works too; I fear the plane divides the composition too much.

Here are some studies I just finished. Time for me to start rendering.

for me the comp and the colors are totally ok :>
the plane doesn't bothering, it's on one good third part, so just keep going! ;)

Hey guys, just posting a current wip. Still got a lot to do.

I'm having quite a lot of trouble with posting these. When I hit preview I never see the image I'm posting. Can anyone give me some advice.

Thanks.

(03-19-2013, 02:38 AM)Johanaan Wrote: Hey guys, just posting a current wip. Still got a lot to do.

I'm having quite a lot of trouble with posting these. When I hit preview I never see the image I'm posting. Can anyone give me some advice.

Thanks.

You need to post a link to your image to avoid problems, if you use the uploading tool from the forum to upload your image from your computer it doesnt appear when your are browsing with an ipad...I dont know why, I post my images using the link from Picasa and Im not having problems since then...Hope it helps.
Keep drawing!

Hello this is my final entry for the Bloodsports13!

I try to catch the spirit of the RPG covers from the 90s, thats why I added the red band, the barcode etc...I also did something else just for fun, a paintover from a actual RPG book and two RPG figures with my interpretation of Dallila Kobrax and her sidekick the Neanderthal BearWarrior (the draw from the She-Bear-Warrior in the book is also mine).
In the illustration we can see Dalila Kobrax and the BearWarrior in the interior of a pyramid. They went there to find an old Time Machine used by the egypcians to travel trough time, the main priest Xakxis was the keeper of this technology and he used it to ·%$$·" around, as the theme suggested.
So they are surrounded by mummys inside the pyramid and in the arm of Dalila we can see the map of the pyramid with their enemies pointed out.
Hope you and the judges like it! :)
Good luck to everyone!

[Image: SchaatNat12.jpg]

[Image: SnatCover.jpg]