Sketches and paintings and ALLOT OF FUN!
Sweet brush strokes man! You make it look so simple, you seem to know where to put everything, it just falls into the right place. Veeery yumyum! :)
hey guys!! im back from vacation atlast!

here are 2 pieces im working on and studies and experiments

[Image: o5mn.png]

[Image: kkif.png]

studies :

[Image: 44ik.jpg]

[Image: qu48.jpg]

and a portrait from imagination :

[Image: mg4y.jpg]

you're back! nice stuff as always. Good texture, values and forms on those sketches.
I specially like the first one and the last of the grayscale portraits for some reason.

(08-07-2013, 08:17 AM)EduardoGaray Wrote: you're back! nice stuff as always. Good texture, values and forms on those sketches.
I specially like the first one and the last of the grayscale portraits for some reason.

thanks man! its from the tuts from the Bob Kato tutorial! , im trying to import more strong lightin in my work, how i your work going bro?

(08-07-2013, 08:54 AM)Danar Wrote:
(08-07-2013, 08:17 AM)EduardoGaray Wrote: you're back! nice stuff as always. Good texture, values and forms on those sketches.

thanks man! its from the tuts from the Bob Kato tutorial! , im trying to import more strong lightin in my work, how i your work going bro?

i see! i will probably search those tuts myself later, as i´m trying to improve my values aswell.
And for me, could be worse, could be better i suppose haha. Summer is always a lazy season, i´m busy trying to build a focused (girls in armor focused lol) portfolio.

Wow, man. Love your work!

some updates on the pieces and started working my studies into an actual piece, the dark knight returns, im not too happy with it still need to fix some things, anyone have any tips on the pieces??

im trying to work from greyscale to color lately, its really hard but i have ot nail it!

[Image: ygfa.png]

[Image: qbmq.jpg]

first time painting traditionally and working with gouache, it was hard and fun, i found out i missed a brush and that i have to have more patience when it comes to traditionally,

[Image: nlry.jpg]

Nice gouache. Difficult medium.

Love the bat too!

well i finnished the character piece, im not too happy with it, i need to improve my form and light, it looks kinda messy,

any comments are more than welcome !

[Image: 1157497_306713846140334_1819611762_n.jpg]

(08-12-2013, 11:41 AM)Sublimus Wrote: Nice gouache. Difficult medium.

Love the bat too!

thanks man and indeed its kinda fast like you have to react real fast because it dries up really quick,

finished the bat portrait, while i painted this i watched some works of dave just to see how he uses his brushes and lighting , its really useful,

also the thing i learned is i need to improve my anatomies on the head, like i made so many errors while i was painting this, jsut look at the WIP from above and then this one, you can clearly see that the head is too big there,

observation is the key i guess, more studiess then!

and thanks for all the wonderfull comments guys ! really means allot!

[Image: dark_knight_returns_portrait_by_danarart-d6ig5ko.png]

hey guys! here is gouache painting! ive been experimenting lately with it and its really fun!

and also a comparison with last years work and now, i wish that i had put in more effort into it but since ive come to crimson daggers its been so much better here !

[Image: 1185319_10200409695306778_675340232_n.jpg]

[Image: 1157460_10200408856565810_1018174493_n.jpg]

Love your progress. Just imagine how good you'll be in 2014. I look foroward to that ;3

hey thanks man! yeah i hope ill get more done than this year !

here is a matrial study for the dune pic im working on,

[Image: 0rsq.jpg]

here is a progress of my first week working traditionally ! Im not thst good at it atm , i hope to improve with it in time

[Image: 1234726_312101578934894_1215475114_n.jpg]

have a good day guys!:)

Your character design turned out nicely. I like the lighting and the rendering on the hands a lot. Your portrait of Bats is fantastic, and your improvement between the two over the last year gives me a lot of hope.

Nice work.

Wow your progress is impressive! Your portraits are awesome, they remind me alot of adolph menzel.
I've noticed though that you have the bad habit of drawing the arms too short. Make sure to measure your bodyparts out (both arms+shoulders are almost perfectly the body length).
Keep going, I'll deffo be looking out for updates from you.
hey guys thanks for the compiments and yeah indeed i need to work more with anatomy, planning to do allot of studies on it this week! hope to see some improvements next week guys!

here is a selfie made last night, and now i see that the mouth is way off and im not too happy wiht the colors -_- !

you guys rock keep it up and i will as well!

[Image: 999774_312202462258139_2089614611_n.png]

Great artworks, that batman portrait kicks ass.

another try at a Selfportrait, went better than the last one but still not satisfied -_- ik need to improve my way of work when im coloring and also observe more!

[Image: 1234034_313203125491406_126032333_n.jpg]