TIME IS ALL I NEED
Hiiiiiiii!

Im glad to hopefully become a part of this. for 2 month now im totally into studying this&that to improve on Illustration/Concept-Art, both Character and Environments. Time is always a big problem, i havnt done any Painting to an end till now...so at least i can do a sketchbook to show off some stuff i do ;)

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey janvon!

I really like the creature you've got there. It feels like a really massive creature that can cause lots of havok to a town! I think it's a great design so you should take it to a final render since you said you haven't done any full paintings yet.

I would like to see more of your work dude! Post a variety of images of different subjects, mediums, etc so we can see what level you're at and get to know you better!

Hey MonoOrder, thanks alot for the warm welcome!

I could post more of what i did the last 2 months, but im startin really quick to hate my stuff after a while.. i learn so much every week that i see flaws here and there in my old works, but its a good thing!

i'll focus more on actual studys i am doing, and hopefully some ideas will turn out magically into a nearly finished piece :D

i am preparing for a cthulu artwork, so i study some animals first (anatomy, rendering etc).

i started with a rhino! had 2 pix for reference, front and side-view and tried to make a 3D modell of it by understanding how the form flows.

my values failed on first try, i noticed it in the coloring step, felt wrong so i fixed it. hopefully i can establish a sense for the right values on startup next time...

parfumebottle - study for liquids and glass, refraction and yaddayadda. sadly it was like copying it but havnt understood everything about it. next time im using my own bottle as reference to copy, so i know what is in the environment, reflected and refracted... i know how it works in theory, but need some practice

last pic, my sketchy bouncin hamster yaw!

Attached Files Image(s)

4th Pic, Copy from Samsara-Scene

Attached Files Image(s)

had to take a little break the last days, after painting too long i went to the hospital .. ahrg

but couldnt resist long to paint a little ;) a few BW compositions, hopefully one of them will work in color later on

rough see and NOT SO rough see:

a quick pose i did with reference, pimped it up just slightly

lonely in here :D

i want to study some furniture and stuff to become an awesome interior painter someday, whou!!!!!!!, so i designed one, copied one. im not happy with my own result, but i will get over it!

did a movie-study of bladerunner. took me over an hour, CHAOOOOOOOS!!

i did all the graphicstuff for a little indie sidescroller, just picked some of them:

and 2 of the characters

Shocked 
oops, nudity Party used photo-ref

some stuff from last year :)

dayum! nice colors. you seem to handle saturation so well!
teach me :P

(maybe be aware of over doing sharpness/noise filters?)

whoa!
reeeeally nive sb! :3
i'm totally subscribed! ;Đ

@Aragah

hrhr, thanks alot, and you totally got me :D i often drown my paintings into noise&sharpen, have to handle it better

on the color thing; i had always quite a bit of a good feeling how to use colors, but overall a partly wrong understanding of it. omg..i learned my *** off to get it right (im still not done), but its just color theory, the right use of color in terms of composition, rythm and stuff is something you learn time by time, im going to use it more for my stuff, its a big subject.

if you got questions in color theory, feel free to ask, if i can help i will try, otherwise i can at least tell your where you find your answers, or we can figure shit out together, this is why we are here.

the right application of color in an illustration is something i have to put more time in with learning

and man, i love your colors! i looking forward for more stuff

@holdkocos

thanks alot, i appreciate that! :D saw your sketchbook and waiting for updates! awesome rendering & ideas!

some WIP i started this morning :D but have to stop for now.

Wowweeeeee! I love your skb, it gives off a good vibe :)
oh and heck yeah your use of colour is fantastic!!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Rainbow 
thaanks alot! i was hoping to get to know ppl through this and study together, felt a bit lonely here @first. but theres alot cool stuff going on here, just checked your SB, damn, thats productive, great improvements! also have to do this bunch of anatomy stuff

just bought her a dress and some colors yo.

the dress reference from da internetz

and my interpretation of the drapery, saw this process in one SB, cannot remember, have to check it out, awesome idea, thanks for this!

the dress is so simple and boring, dont had to use the reference, bet it sounded way cooler without, but anyways ;P

Hey peepz, im workin really hard on stuff at the moment, also got the struggle with planning to make something out of it, first of all i need to get sure where the money will come from the first time... u know, the money i wont earn with art, just a shitty part time job to stay alive :D did some rough compositions in color, i really like the ideas behind them and really lookin forward to work them further, need a bit time, dont know if it makes sense to post them here, dont know if you can see something in it :X

anyways, to keep this alive some other stuff i did lately, i am doing something out of comfortzone everytime i can, so i am really unexperienced in facial expression, want to do more clothes, materials and poses yaddayadda

heres the Modena Cathedral study, used a reference out of a book lying beside me

study for the material and pose, ref used

omg, the hardest thing, for me, facial expression, it sucks and took me forever, but will work on this.. :D

studying interior and stuff in the era of knights and kingdoms

dont know where to get good good references, ive got a book for kids with mediocre illustrations in it, but they are informative, so what, and having a look on filmes

robin hood study, sadly dont learned too much about the interior :F it haz windows.

and something out of the book, i dont know if it was really worth it, so little to see there, but i also learned something about the clothes and have to start somewhere.

my goal is to learn enough about all the design stuff of this age, so i can create believable scenes in it

something from life, could push it way further, but too much studying holds me back from own stuff, i want to avoid that, tend to study more then doing own stuff...

heres the cheap still-life on my beautiful desk

and heres what ive got after an hour (limit)

its always quality over speed, but sometimes i need to limit myself on time

:)

workin on some cthulu artwork, done some studys on cthulu itself, design of the head and stuff, maybe im going to upload it later, here are my first attempts of the composition, these are really really early steps:

my scribble for the idea, did some more, but i am always thinking no one is going to understand them ;P

and what i got after 1 hour of refinement.

damn, this should be the first work i bring to and exciting end... I LIVE IN FEAR....

but: NEVER SURRENDER

little update