MF's SB.
Wow, I like your sketchbook! Great work and very analytical and complex :) Especially like your perspective studies.

Working on the tile map for the engine. The math's easier than I was expecting, so that's a plus. Detecting collisions in game will basically be based off the tile positions of the actors (characters/objects/etc). This might be a naive approach, but I'll continue to change the way I handle things as I go along.

Attached Files Image(s)

Working more on collisions. Here are a couple of screens, one showing the math behind everything and the other showing an in-game shot of it working.

Attached Files Image(s)

Success!

Attached Files Image(s)

Good to see you back and working on new project. Animations on previous page look sick, keep it up :D

Wink 
Got a simple targeting system working and a quick animation to go with it as well as linear interpolation, finally. Feels so slide-y and good...[Image: wink.png]

Attached Files Image(s)

Doing some concepts for characters. This is the brute, which will be a fighter-type, tank class. I'm also trying to decide on an art style, so I'm playing around with pixel art now as well.

Attached Files Image(s)

I'm starting to become more convinced that pixel art might be the art direction I'd like to take. Of course, opinions are welcome from anyone.

Attached Files Image(s)

Another animation test

Attached Files Image(s)

damn son that looks pretty sick! Animation looks nice.it has mood.Only thing I can recommend is maybe try to sneak in a bit more hue variation here and there.Not much just accents. I think that'll look nice.

Just went through your whole book. Love it man!

Really cool to see your game project taking shape too!

Thanks, Sublimus!

So I haven't been on in a while, but for anyone interested, I've started a dev-log of my game engine's process and progress over the past year and a half of working on it. So if anyone's interested, here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijj9Nhfe...0f1ipwlo0k