The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!!
Is that ctrlpaint I see? Haha!

Keep up the good work Trig, and LAWD help us if you ever decide to go turn coat and suddenly want to do bad work.

thanks man
Yep Ctrl paint, his paid tutorials are damn helpful...when I actually get round to finishing them that is, keep stopping halfway through them XD.

Sorry for not updating in a while, went away with a friend for a few days, felt rusty afterwards so some of this stuff is bleh even for my standards, kinda funny how a day or two without drawing can completely throw you off.

Trying to get into the habit of doing daily still lifes, trying to get better at using charcoal as well.
Also another digital still life, turned out pretty eh, find it hard to paint reflective materials like this, might try painting it again at some point soon.

Imagination piece, referenced the everloving fuck out of this XD, could work more on the lighting but i'm not interested in it enough to paint it further, defineitly need to focus on learning drapery and clothing sometime soon though, perhaps after i've gotten a better grasp on lighting & value.

And a quick sketch and some god awful quick studies for something i'm working on, still can't draw upwards lookin heads, gonna try and study them again sometime soon, it's frustrating that I can draw a pretty good 3 quarter view head but the second I twist or move that head up a bit, my brain just puts on the brakes and goes nope nope nope nope XD.

Fairly big update, I bought Proko's figure drawing and portrait series so i'm gonna be going over alot of anatomy next month, that and hopefully some clothing studies. Aside from just learning about folds and drawing clothes onto characters does anyone know any good practices for learning how to draw clothing?

Firstly some sketches i did at a castle last Sunday, they had some jousting going on so I tried to quickly sketch the people on horseback.

Drew some feet from ref and then drew each of them again from memory straight after.

Also tried drawing this once from ref and again from memory, don't know why I had so much trouble with the legs here, especially the right one.

some random head studies

Some gestures after watchin proko's gesture vids

Some imagination sketchin I did during the last Chiustream, finding myself trying to draw alot of anime recently, I usually try drawing realism(with horrific results XD) so it's nice to switch it up a bit and draw more exaggerated.
On a different note, I fuckin love these pens, used to have some of them before but I completely forgot how much I love these things.

A drawing of a pissed of lookin peter capaldi I did after the doctor who premiere, drew him way to bug eyed XD, i'm redoing this in photoshop actually, thought it'd make a good value study.

And some slight more work on this peice, it's based on this scene
http://wallbot.net/walls/preview/3580.jpg
from Katawa shoujo but I did'nt want to just straight up copy it so I took the scene and changed it.
Also need to get rid of that canvas on the right side, thought I needed somethin on that side so I added it but it just looks weird to me.

Also some more charcoal still lifes, I think these are coming out pretty bad, finding myself focusing more on just figuring out how to use the charcoal effectively then actually paying attention to the value, Hopefully i'll be able to get a better grasp of it soon so I can focus more on them.

Attached Files Image(s)

Those still life drawings are pretty good, I think you just need to be a bit more careful with some of your edges as they look a bit smudged or uneven.

Stardust Larva:Thanks, yeah the edges are a problem for me, finding it hard to get draw edges with the charcoal that are'nt soft, using the eraser is helpin on the lighter sides though.

Just a quick update

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey guys!
Have'nt got much to show for the last few days, I quit my job recently and i've been extremely busy, so I have'nt really been able to draw much of anything and most of what i've drawn is'nt really ready to be uploaded.

Also, i've set up a deviantart and livestream account if anyones interested.
http://triggerpigking.deviantart.com/
http://www.livestream.com/triggerpigking...p?t=562673

Anyway a w.i.p of that fanart i'm working on, not to sure about how i've drawn the folds on the clothing i'm trying to get better at that atm, but i'm fairly happy with the faces, having alot of trouble with drawing the feet and foreshortened legs.

hey guys, long time no update!
Been busy and i've had one problem after another so I did'nt feel like updating, most of that has passed now so I hope I can get back to updating this weekly or so :).

Also completely unrelated but, for anyone who has watched breaking bad, I found this insanely good fan song by Miracle of Sound, been listening to it all day.

Fanart of Big boss from metal gear, challenged myself to use something different here, only used a crayon like brush for the painting, minus erasing which I just used regular brushes for. Turned out much better then I expected and I think it shows Big boss's descent into becoming the villain pretty well, only thing that irks me is that odd shadow I put on his cheek, don't even know why I put it there but I just sorta did and i've only noticed now how odd it looks XD.

Studies from Proko's premium videos.

Life drawing

And some other random stuff

Those Proko studies look noice! I was thinking about paying for the premium videos but wasnt sure if its worth it. How you liking them so far?

So far they've been extremely helpful, I can't compare them to his free videos as I have'nt watched most of them but so far i've learned alot so it's well worth the money I think :).

hey again everyone, just a quick update.

Firstly more Proko Studies, really need to get a better grasp at drawing mannequins.

More work on the Rin piece, i'd appreciate any help anyone can give me with this.
I think Rin(the girl) is lookin fairly good, been having trouble with the guy though, I drew his bended leg way too long and now that i've shortened it a bit it looks too short, that and the orientation of his leg looks a bit off as well I think, I dunno the whole lower half of his body looks like a mess to me XD, still aside from that I think this is looking fairly good.

And I took up the self taught version of Bobby Chiu's creature drawing course, assignment for the first lesson was 10 creature designs, only got one done so far and I like it personally :), wanted the composition to lead down from the house to the creatures head.

Another quick update, drawn alot the last few days.

More Chiu Assignment designs, these are all pretty rough, the proportions are off in most of them as well, atm i'm edging towards continuing either the 1st, 4th or 5th design overall, although I like how 3 turned out as well.

No2
eh, tried to aproach this differently then the others, I think it might work if I was to put it in some sort of battle scene, but i'm not liking it like the other ones.

No3
Really like this one, wanted to try something slightly more goofy and funny and I think i've succeeded to an extent.

No4
Like how this came out as well, think it'd be fun to design the coral and the like on him, also just learned how to make a swarm from ctrl paint and I think I got carried away with the fish a bit XD.

No5
And I really like this one, the legs and proportions on the face are extremly off, but the actual concept came out really well imo, I aproached designing it like a zelda boss.

And some other stuff, went to a gallery and did some statue drawings, tried to aproach them like the Proko mannequins

Can we just take a moment to recognise your improvement?

Keep working smart! Figures are coming to life more and more.
Go go go gogoo! :D

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Thanks! :)

Quick update, more chiu assignments, some studies and imagination work.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey guys Long time no see, spent almost a week over at a friends for halloween.

Also, found this amazing song with an equally amazing music video today

Anyway first off a few more Chiu assignments, had to paint fur over this adorable miniature elephant, first two I used his process as ref and the second two I did completely from mind.

And a w.i.p for the next assignment, a full tonal of the piece I chose, I honestly liked the pigman more but I think i'l learn more from this one as it's more creature related and also has a big enviorment something I don't usually do, anyway having trouble trying to get the light from the house to work, think the values might be a bit messed up as a whole actually but it still seems to be coming together decently, i'll keep at it and see what happens.

And one more set of tonal chiu sketches, these ones did'nt come out as well as the others I think, did'nt help that I lost an hour of work on the hardest part of redrawing the legs -__-.

And i'm trying this 14 day challenge thing Istebrak set up, never joined one of her streams before yesterday but she is an awesome teacher :).
Anyway essentially I need to paint the same head each day without ref but I need to get each one critiqued, i'd really appreciate it if anyone could critique one of these for me :).

And more proko assignments, i'm going to try and do these more, i've sorta avoided doing these observational sorta drawings, mainly because they hurt the hell out of my arm and neck XD.
Even so they're important to do and these just show how bad I am at them XD.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice work load, paying off! Keep at it looks like you are on the right track for sure

CoreyH:Thanks! always nice to know people think i'm on the right track :).
Tried to apply everything from Istebraks lesson vids in this one, i'm having trouble with shaping the nose but I think the other features came out fairly fine, the bone structure of the cheekbones are also giving me some problems. I also gave it a terminator eye, why? because I was messing about with it and I could'nt resist not keeping it in XD.

Another head and the chiu assignment w.i.p almost done with it but I wanted to see if I could get a second opinion on it. I think the grass looks weird I was experimenting with adding textures but it looks better then what was before it I think, and i'm not sure what to do about the baby turtles can't seem to get them lookin as cute as i'd want them to.

As for the head, i'm gonna try and focus on the area around the eyes with the next one, i've been painting the area around there way to dark and I think the eyes to far from the eyebrows.

Quick update, another head and i'm actually gonna try to finish this other piece because i've been sitting on it for waaay to long.

Attached Files Image(s)