Muzzbook
[Image: eApeX8M.jpg?1]

[Image: MLV9h8H.jpg?1]

[Image: oVlWb6G.jpg?1]

[Image: GkvzyDW.jpg?1]

Life drawing last night. Still trying to work out how to apply the lessons i've been learning.

Drawing out of perspective is like singing out of tune. I'll throw a shoe at you if you do it.
Sketch Book
[Image: SRNydw.jpg]

Even though this one is from ref, it is one of the hardest things i've ever made myself draw.

Drawing out of perspective is like singing out of tune. I'll throw a shoe at you if you do it.
Sketch Book
[Image: hclN8v.jpg]

Aaaaah it's so nice to stretch my stylized legs again after all this realism.

Sketch Book
Holy fuck i'm posting a lot... This is done.

[Image: zSbxye.jpg]

Ref https://au.pinterest.com/pin/365213851007198015/

Sketch Book
[Image: dEgUT0.jpg]

Sketch Book
[Image: O0lNuL.jpg]

Sketch Book
[Image: 0Cqnum.jpg]

Sketch Book
Hey, thanks for the feed back in the hangout earlier. You've been hammering these line drawings out! One thing I see is that your line weight could be better. Thicken those areas of over lapping forms!

Man I'm learning a ton looking through your sketchbook...christ your skills are really diverse, how do you not get overwhelmed trying to do so many things at once?

Very cool sketchbook!

Went through your whole sketch book,
saw some images wasn't loading, but oh well.

Good to see peoples putting in the mileage,
I also saw you do a lot of things. What have you gotten
by exploring all of these different areas?

Do you think it contributed to your art work, like
learning about programming, playing music,
doing other things aside from art?

▲ SKETCHBOOK  ▲ WEBSITE▲ 
Thanks Adam! Good feedback.

Thanks DQ and i'm Phelikz.

[Image: 7rAp69.jpg]

Yeah those lost images are from a defunt image host i was using for a while... they are lost in the sands of time.

If you are curious, i have a sketchbook dating back to 2006 on polykarbon. http://polykarbonbbs.com/showthread.php?...post427893

But yeah, it's a curious question about diversity of skills, i tend to be a lot more logical about my art than most people, and i think that lends itself really well to being a creative polymath, because there is so many overlaps. For example with music i tend to use music analogies to explain concepts to people as many of the mental processes, such as the process of repetition and perfecting simple musical passages to train the subconcious is the same as using discipline to make perspective a fundemental habit.

So i guess yeah i do find knowing this diverse set of skills all blends together and there is a lot of cross polination, but it is a longer jounrey, many artists that were my peers have far exceeded me in the same time period that i've been drawing. I think I've been missing some important puzzle pieces of the puzzle that i am just starting to work out now, mostly to do with the mental game of art. I dunno, art is hard man.

Sketch Book
Hiya Muzz. Not really a critique but more of a philosophical discussion.

I consider your creative stance 'craftsman-like' more than being an artist. You operate at a level of being extremely conscious of accuracy and precision, math and science. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But, if we're talking about art, I think you're missing out on something if it's heavily based on logic, or what you'd probably call a "mental game".

In art, the thing about being math-y more than anything else is like imitating a self playing piano. You may hit the all the notes right on the money, every single key timed perfectly and on measure, but you take away a very human element. Probably a section needs to be played with a softer touch. Some notes should be mashed with a heavy finger. Some sections you might want to go off measure and pull it back again. There is no piano piece that'll dictate when you're going to pull those off (Or so I've heard). Artistic freedom. A basis based on your gut.

I think it's a huge balance of trusting your head and your gut.

But then again, for all we know, what I just said is all sophistry.

Here's to thinking that art is hard and, at the same time, feeling that it isn't.

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
"You operate at a level of being extremely conscious of accuracy and precision, math and science. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But, if we're talking about art, I think you're missing out on something if it's heavily based on logic, or what you'd probably call a "mental game"."

Man. Honestly if you had only ever seen my art, and not had any discussions with me i highly doubt that you could deduce what i think about art.

You mistake caring so much about draftmanship and the technical side for neglecting the conceptual taste based side, when i just don't talk about that, as there isn't really much i can talk about. that stuff is all a personal journey and you need to go down that road yourself.

"I think it's a huge balance of trusting your head and your gut."

See there is a difference between knowing how your brain functions and "hacking" it to get the most out it, rather than treating it as some magical black box that we cannot grasp. Like a singer can hit notes with ease because they have trained their brain to do this trick, we need to train our brains to perform art tasks like taking control of perspective so that you can use the rest of your brain to be creative. Don't mistake my advice on how to improve as general philosophy on creation, it's not.

Sketch Book
[Image: PQYa0n.jpg]
[Image: jLT5fH.jpg]

Back into this stuff.... Still is really taxing so i'll be doing these for quite a while i think, but they are getting easier.

Sketch Book
[Image: 4Kofqc.jpg]

I think i need to do some studies on how other artists represent realistic faces with line.

Sketch Book
Good idea, also if you are planning one more studies of screaming muscular man, look up Ultimate Warrior.

Love your linework btw.

thanks Bro.

[Image: 4olnUg.jpg]

Sketch Book
[Image: TNFqsl.jpg]
[Image: 9lfarD.jpg]

More fighting game stuff

Sketch Book
[Image: Jgjlyt.jpg]

Sketch Book