Muzzbook
[Image: GTqwy7.jpg]

Drawing out of perspective is like singing out of tune. I'll throw a shoe at you if you do it.
Sketch Book
[Image: f4xAFg.jpg]

this one kicked my ass, but i learnt a lot about flow.

Drawing out of perspective is like singing out of tune. I'll throw a shoe at you if you do it.
Sketch Book
I am not sure why, but something feels really weird with that pose. Almost feels like her body is broken a bit. Maybe I am wrong. But anyway, keep going. Hopefully you will figure out what's wrong with it, if there is any correction that needs to be done of course.

▲ SKETCHBOOK  ▲ WEBSITE▲ 
It's an extreme pose from real life. One of my first thoughts was "if i drew that it would look like a mistake" so i wanted to draw it. It's one of the real annoying things about art is that there are tons of forms in real life that break what we expect the body to be able to do.

One of my philosophies in art is to study the extremes, so that when you draw/paint a more normal situation, you can understand how all the parts work together. Of course my study isn't perfect, but the end goal is to be able to take even the most extreme poses and sell it to a viewer.

[Image: 6071460506_31669794d5_b.jpg]

EDIT:
Bonus, check the crazy flows of this pose!

[Image: AY8C9d.jpg]

Sketch Book
This one also kicked my ass

[Image: 3l5iGv.jpg]

Also i made a pintrest board for strong humans that are specifically not body builders... as i find the modern body building aesthetic to actually be gross.

https://au.pinterest.com/muzzoid/strong-...-builders/

Edit:
I forgot this wip

[Image: AbBpX4.jpg]

Sketch Book
[Image: wsn25q.jpg]

Sketch Book
Starting to work my way back into construction studies, while applying the accuracy stuff at the same time.

[Image: dQS5gl.jpg]

Sketch Book
[Image: BGi5Zs.jpg]

Not sure if i'll finish this one, i really should have spent more time in the linework, also it's pointing out a lot of problems that i've neglected and never learn't how to actually compose a good image.

Gosh i was naive, oh well self awareness is the best cure.

Sketch Book
Muzz, I think you're off to a good start with that piece. It looks like you're pretty strong with structure and rendering forms. The boy and the tree branches look great, however, the tree trunk looks flat. The mushrooms look like they're on a flat plane, not wrapping around a cylindrical form.

I'm new to learning composition myself, but I can see that you have a lot of parallels. The boy and tree are parallel to each other for example, as are the two branches he's sitting on. Having more diagonal angles in the placement of things would probably make for a more interesting image.

These are just observations from a student, so take them for what they're worth. But hey, great work as usual!

Thanks man, good catch on the tree! All the issues you are talking really come from poor preplanning, and i found myself noodling to solve issues, instead of doing things properly. I'm at a level where that isn't good enough and i need to break out and focus on the hiccups that get in the way of getting to a full illustration.

That means proper composition and colour thumbnails, study sketches for the various elements and so on.

But thanks for the feedback, you are totally on point with all of it.

[Image: NS7OPW.jpg]

Interpreting the same photo through different lenses. I have bridgman open next to me and i'm trying to decypher the muscles into their proper placement. I know i am messing up a lot of insertion points, and the overlapping order, so i'll have to stick with this for a while, but this style of study seems to be really effective. I might in the future do the accuracy drawing first instead of second, and draw ontop of that for the muscle forms.

Sketch Book
Thought i lost this study, then recovered the one on the left from the screenshot of the navigator panel and cleaned it up.... High Res screen FTW.

[Image: dJ8CeE.jpg]

Sketch Book
[Image: iVzfSR.jpg]

Feetsies be hard.

Sketch Book
Awesome sketchbook OtherMuzz! I love what you're doing with the anatomy studies, I've been doing something very similar and have found that it's given my anatomical understanding a real boost. Proko has a tutorial on this kind of thing, he calls it Anatomy Tracing, you may already be aware?
Anyway keep up the awesomenes dude!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Awesome work sir. Your linework is powerfull. Cheers!

[Image: 4vCMXK.jpg]

Artloader, i'd imagine that this technique is actually how the original anatomy diagrams were devised, cross referencing between autopsies and skeletons with real life. Of course it became a lot easier with the invention of photography.

Thanks guys!

bonus:

Quick application sketches.

[Image: IV7pwh.jpg]

Sketch Book
There's some great stuff here, I really like your anatomy studies!

I like that new avatar of yours Muzz

Increible your sketchbook many things that I should go deeper and I have not even tried. In this post a small contribution , the little that I can do. XD

hahhah yes , The image is very large XD

'The best way to have a good ideas is to have a lot of ideas ' Linus Paulingth
Thanks man, tI think i didn't transcribe that form as well as i could have from reference, for the angle itself. https://au.pinterest.com/pin/300896818835807274/ Though, this is a really muscular woman and that indent is actually another muscle that isn't visible unless you are incredibly buff.

Also that x-ray drawing doesn't put the tibia in the right spot. Also can i ask you to crop down that image a bit... it's kinda way more massive than all my drawings in the thread.

[Image: roPLDf.jpg]

Sketch Book
Nice approach to anatomy studies, it's all well and good being able to draw anatomy but if it doesn't fit into a nice drawing it's just academic! Great way to check yourself : ) I'll adopt this approach too. I really like the elf boy eating the fruit too, there may be technical issues like mentioned but it has a strong sense of story to it, it makes me interested and want to know more, which is by far the harder thing to create (in my opinion!).

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453