Ramblings, delusions & sketches
Thanks Fincks! Yes I could, but I don't want to go too easy on myself. ;)
I see what you mean though. I'll add some quick exercises to my routine. Thanks for the hint!

I saved process images for the onion, mostly for later and also for advice on the rendering process? I ran into trouble with the diffuse reflected light on the lower right. It looks flat (and the color is way off too).

Attached Files Image(s)

I'm practicing rendering different materials and also the process in general. I think having some steps to go by will make things easier.

Attached Files Image(s)

lalalalalalala *enjoys moment of silliness*

I tried to paint my nose, but the colors turned out waaay off. Identifying the hues of the skin is tough.

Attached Files Image(s)

More perspective practise.

Attached Files Image(s)

WIP that's been on my mind or a while + todays perspective scribbl. I'm working through the perspective made easy book (which is great). Im still in the basics-of-the-basics chapters, but I'm sure the stuff that headaches are made of will follow soon. (Circles in perspective *shudders*)

Attached Files Image(s)

I'm tired of drawing boxes, so I tried something more difficult. I went quite a bit over my head.
Maybe I'll try doing a couple excercises traditionally next. And more of them. Lots more.

Attached Files Image(s)

Pencil made it a lot easier (because drawing straight lines freehand is easier)! Also making small top view thumbnails helped to think of it as actual space instead of flat surfaces. But maybe I won't add in all the small details next time. That ate a lot of time and was kinda beside the point...

Attached Files Image(s)

Quick gestures + attempt to draw a plane in perspectie. A few years ago, this would be the point I'd have given up, but this time I'm gonna push through! I'm sick of limiting my drawings like this, just because I can't draw depth in a believable way and it's too much of a hassle to learn.

Attached Files Image(s)

More perspective grinding. I was thinking about whether I should upload this stuff at all or not. It's pretty boring to look at and all, but I believe it's helpful to me and I should at least mention it. I promise I won't post all the busywork! ;P

I'm taking my time working through Scott Robertsons Gnomon Dvd. Omg, the wisdom!
I feel a little more confident, because I now at least know where to start. Next, I think I'll try moving beyond just boxes and circles, and try to do fun stuff with them.

Attached Files Image(s)

Recently, I've taking to sketching on my ipad on the go. It's rather wobbly, but okay for quick sketches and tons of fun. That aside another ghibli study (can't help it, I like doing them too much) and also some random female head for warm up/wind down.

Attached Files Image(s)

I've tried out different color schemes or a new piece. I can't really decide which one I like best and also I'm unsure about the overall values.

Attached Files Image(s)

Getting back on track!

Attached Files Image(s)

I was trying my hand on some simple stop motion animation and tested out photoshops animation capabilities. It's a fun way of studying movements, plus putting something together that moves is extra fun.

(Btw why can't I upload gifs all of a sudden?)
[Image: 2z89rut.gif]

Some quick sketches. I need to do more real studies.

Attached Files Image(s)

I love your sketchbook, some lovely things in here! The skin tone material looks really great too, looks like you put a lot of thought into it!

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
Thank you Jyonny! I've been trying to wrap my head around skin tones, and I'm slowly starting to sort things out. Very slowly. :D

More skintones without real refs + quick environment studies:

Attached Files Image(s)

Quick stuff + a study of a photo I found on the web. It's a little busy, I didn't really structure it well.

Attached Files Image(s)

Still trying to get to grips with skin. I tried to apply what I got out of recent studies, but I don't feel I've learned much. I'll try a different approach next.
Also a quick little sketch I did, just to do something with lines once in a while.

Attached Files Image(s)

Yet another skin study, with a lot of colors I wouldn't have expected.

Attached Files Image(s)

Some head studies + a color sketch. I am starting to finally get together a portfolio, and it's a bit shocking to see what I actually get done and what don't. I never really worked to a purpose, I kinda just doodled away, and it shows.

Attached Files Image(s)