Ramblings, delusions & sketches
Good stuff, Baoto! I'm seeing an improvement from page dot! Must be all the hardwork :D

These gestures feel like they've got some energy to them, good job! Now do 100 more haha.

Also, good job on the still life study! It'd be great if you could apply what you learned to a sketch. It'll be hard, but you'll learn a ton.

Keep it up man! ^ ^'

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Good improvement, keep tackling problems and overcome them.

@Jonesoda: Thanks! I plan to apply for art jobs in the near future and I'm definitly gonna work my ass off till then!

@smrr: Thank you! You're right, there can never be enough anatomy studies. I'll work them into my routines.

@crackedskull: Thanks man! Sometimes I'm not sure I'm actually getting over problems, but I guess I'll only really know on hindsight.

This time, a wip piece and more gesture drawings. I actually wanted to habe it finished by now, but I'm still too slow I guess. I definetly want it to look finished so I can put it in my portfolio, but it still really bugs me that I can't be faster.

Also for completions sake, an environment I did a while ago.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice improvements since last time i checked in, keep em coming! :D

@echo: Hey man! Thanks for checking back again! I see you've been quite diligent too :)

Still at the wip from last time, still not quite satsfied with it. I might need to let it go for now.

Also, horrible pleinair of a street I did on the weekend.

Attached Files Image(s)

I mentioned in the shoutbox the other day how I couldn't get that much out of Brigdman and this link was posted: http://deadoftheday.blogspot.de/2009/07/...atomy.html

It seems like a decent approach and I got more out of the 2 small studies I've done than ever before. I'm still missing step 3 though. Also, since I'll be applying for environment design positions I tried to design the interior of a kitchen on an old fashioned sailing ship. I'll be inking that next, plus adding some variations.

And I've also done some excercises from Scott Roberts How to draw. Still difficult, but getting easier.

Attached Files Image(s)

Wow, it has been ages since I last posted.

Sooo, here's some character lineart!

Attached Files Image(s)

A little something I'm working on since September. I am trying to put together 5-10 basic concepts that could pass as concept art for a game, as a personal project. I also really wanted to do something sci-fi for a change.
A lot of them aren't finished, but I still would appreciate any feedback, because I feel a little stuck right now.

Attached Files Image(s)

Recent more finished character work. Can't believe it's nearly christmas, it feels like October :/

Attached Files Image(s)

Way too little studies recently. Soo here's a detail of a Sargent painting to get back into the flow.

Attached Files Image(s)

Started doing daily studies again. Each of them had a time limit of 30 minutes. The last one is an application of the study before.

Attached Files Image(s)

Todays and yesterdays small studies.

Attached Files Image(s)

Aaaand the one I did today. Plus a WIP.

Attached Files Image(s)

Your Environments are coming on a bunch! I really think those 30-minute studies are keeping you on the right track!

@IrishWhiskey: Thanks for stopping by! I agree, these short studies already are helpful and I probably can always fit one into my day somehow.

10th day! So far so good.

Attached Files Image(s)

Today's and yesterday's stuff. Sadly manmade structures are not my strongest point.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi there. I love your enthusiasm and trying to bring out all those ideas you have.

You should try going back to the basics of form, the link below contains an exercise OtherMuzz had me do. It was surprisingly difficult to convey form from head. Basically you use the color bucket tool to fill in the planes and you create your own lightsource. After you have nailed the basic lighting you start to divide the planes.
http://imgur.com/a/VJOu8

Also there is this thread created by MatterFold that can help.
http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7...l#pid94126

PS: Dont forget to squint your eyes to see mistakes :)

@crackedskull: Heyyy cracked, thanks for stopping by! That exercise you posted sounds really helpful, I'll be sure to try it out on the weekend. Thanks man!

More daylies. It's probably a good idea to do another application of what I learned from them soon.

Attached Files Image(s)

More dailies. They are starting to get repetative and I feel I'm not learning too much from them anymore. Time to switch up I guess.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey Baoto good job on those studies! How long do you spend on them? You said you feel it's getting too repetitive.. then maybe it's because you're not spending enough time on them and just try to get to the "end" result? Try to do one for as long as possible. Work on it a few hours, then leave it and do smth else.. and come back to it the next day and work on it, on and off, for a week, until you get the most out of it!

Oooor, you are already spending hour son each aand you really need to change the study subject.. Keep ut fresh! Do portraits, animals, cloth... But keeè in mind, the more you do, the better you get!
Keep it uuup! :D

You are your only limits!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio