Rosolino Sketchbook
Some updates:
1. Doing a collab with a super cool girl <3
2. Starting to think about the design of the characters, I think it's quite done about the composition, but I still need to think what is hitting them :( and I do not know yet what animal would be cool for a wizard (female character)
3. More photobashing, damn how this is hard! Gonna put some cars, some outdoors, some deers, and more atmosphere on the scene! And if I still have time, more details on the foreground!

Next goal for these days too, is to focus more on design! Specially the design of a character! I Need to be more creative with this!

Damn man, kicked ass on this last one, I know it's just a start and practice but that car is waaay to pixelated and it's an eye magnet. Loving you're going more stylized on the second one, is it something fan art or is it original?

Sweet man, excited to see what that collab turns out to be :) Is the guy on the very right a reference to 101 dalmations? For the photobash, you could probably also add a littttle bit of bounce light in the foreground, since that car is fairly bright - it looks like the light from the scene out there is getting into that dark space. Would be cool to see some cloud photos also integrated into your cloud painting to add some of those unpredictable shapes.

In the last week I had to do some college works... meanwhile I was doing some studies from pascenko and wesley burt on my sketchbook (sorry for the quality), and yesterday I found some time to do one gesture study and I finally started to study character design.

damn, I got to sleep. sry for not writeeeeee
the city is still unfinished!!

Nice to see some sketchbook scans! Real cool way of handling shadows you've got there, Roso! All smooth and still so readable, keep at it and bring some more ;D

@Adzerak: Thanks bro ^^ i will bring some more, for sure!

hope tomorrow i can finish up the city illustration :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Definitely I got to learn 3D haha, could have helped me alot! maybe sketchup and modo?
Yesterday I spent doing this, correcting some things like perspective and lighting, got to get back to this fundamentals, also I'm thinking about some plein air studies!

Attached Files Image(s)

wow, i forgot to post this last week

Doing in this week a lot of college works, is so good to paint with traditional material!! And i am so slowly with this technique haha, by the way it's gouache!

Design 03 ... damn ... how can you keep track of so many "puzzle pieces" at the same time ?

@Adrian: You know this characters are not mine, right ? I'm just studying his designs, observing and looking how the artist thought, how he solved the problems, those kind of things. I just saw this form in every part of his armour and I wrote down :)

Did a break last night and spent 2 hours almost doing this concept. Once again got to improve a lot of things!
Super inspired on the work by the studios Sixmorevodka and Massiveblack!

OH oops ... my bad. Who's the creator of that ?

@Adrian: I do not remember dude, sorry!
And sorry for the bad quality too!! spent the last 2 weeks writing about my last college work.

Man - this sb is pretty sweat. Love your traditional stuff as well as your cityscape.
Kicking ass man! Seems like gouache fits you like a glove.

Thank you guys! hope i continue doing this hehe
@rafa: you already know that, but you inspire me bro <3

I finished up some things!! I loved work with gouache! Gave me a lot of trouble to understand that we need to think before we paint!! Like you all know, we are all used to go and paint really quickly, and make mistakes, and use alot of Ctrl+z, but with traditional midia, you realize that you can't make mistakes every time, you dont have time to correct every single of them, it sucks! hahaha
So... i learned more about thinking than painting! The process is equal in the computer, make a great line art, do some basic colors, add some shadows and after that put some lights and boom! Also pure black and pure white has a great power to pop out some areas! At least for me, this is what I have to say about my experience guys :) I super recommend!

Attached Files Image(s)

The image on #69 came out great, looks like a one up from your last images. Excited to see whats next, keep it up!
In the last months I was super busy, I didn't had time to post my studies here, even do them! But fortunately I could participate in some events, did some lectures and workshops in some universities too. It was a great experience for me, and I'm happy that i'm in the last semester of my college, and hopefully in 6 months I will be graduated :)
Maybe in the next week I can start my graduation final project! I am super excited and I cant wait to start it!! o/

2 pages from the characters above this post! The challenge was to do only 2 pages with no limits of frames and without any box chat

First Character Design that I created recording the process, soon i will post it here o/

I did this live on the workshop, still messing a lot of stuff! but it wass a really cool experience!

Collab that i did with 2 friends, in the workshop we separate the process of a illustration in 3 steps: 1.Sketch and references/ 2.structure/ and 3.finalization
I was responsible for the last part, the most fun i believe :D

Really inspiring stuff. I really like those gouache paintings. I got some black and white gouache recently. I heard that the cheap brands werent worth using so I bought Winsor & Newton. Any advice on gouache you could give would be greatly appreciated since I cant seem to find a lot of info on it.