Darktiste Sketchbook
Nice job, keep up the good work. I think you could tone down the background , and try adding some scratch, noise and withering to the metal to make it feel used and corroded. Also some sharper, brighter hightlight on the cutting edge and some specular on the round part .
(04-25-2019, 02:06 PM)Baldgate Wrote: Nice job, keep up the good work. I think you could tone down the background , and try adding some scratch, noise and withering to the metal to make it feel used and corroded. Also some sharper, brighter hightlight on the cutting edge and some specular on the round part .

Hey thank i got similar comment from chubby_cat.I could definitely add more noise but i tried to go for the some what brand new weapon feel my focus is mainly on getting as many recognizeable texture as possible.Leather,different metal,Fur,Bone,wood,Gemstone and etc.I spend around 1 hour on each weapon with my current speed.I will improve my weathering skill once i achieve my goal.It just a question of being limited in time.Since i want the weapon to take under 1 hour.There a sense of urgency that take hold of me when i spend to much time on the same thing.So many thing to study i am not yet comfortable with long session.But i know that i need to work out my patience.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
The theme was bow.

The next theme will be Crossbow,Axe,Gun&Rifle,Polearm after that will come medieval costume and this should be interesting i think i will be doing those costume in greyscale this time to give more space to design and cut on the rendering time.

Cya soon.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
Nice bow texture, its has become more subtle and delicate .
Good idea to apply some black and white rendering to it. I think something nice to try could be adding a vanishing point, maybe to the right of the weapon/costume and draw them in a perspective, not from full front. This way you could add another side and depth to it .
(05-04-2019, 04:25 PM)Baldgate Wrote: Nice bow texture, its has become more subtle and delicate .
Good idea to apply some black and white rendering to it. I think something nice to try could be adding a vanishing point, maybe to the right of the weapon/costume and draw them in a perspective, not from full front. This way you could add another side and depth to it .

It purely for design.But i have receive similar comment for the leak of volume.I am not trying to pass this to a 3d modeler but if i would i would make it so that it more 3d.

My Sketchbook
To day update is all about crossbow.
Hope you enjoy.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
To day update is all about Axe.

Hope you enjoy.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
To day update is all about Gun&Rifle.

Hope you enjoy.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
Hello darktiste,
I'd suggest you to do material studies for now (you know that cubes or spheres made of wood, llava, grass and so on), because your textures are a bit unreadable. For example, in your post #403 you have stick with yellow wings, I suppose, but I can't tell what material is it made of: gold, feathers, painted wood, llava, jemstone... 
Maybe even stick to one type on texture for one day and make 5, 10, 20 iterations for any of them, noticing your mistakes and what can be done better.
Cheers.

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fpre02.deviantart.net%2Fa...ik.jpg&f=1]

Sketchbook (^_^)
 [page01] [page02] [page03] [page04]

| DeviantArt | Instagram |
Yea my gold is not on point i certainly agree with you on that.I have done a few sphere and cube .There so many texture to explore.I am gonna be honest i get bored easly with repetion i think we all do but i see the value of focusing on one texture in particular to improve it.

My Sketchbook
To day update is all about 2 hand weapon
Hope you enjoy.

I am now going to move on to medieval costume study.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
Nice set, you did some big progress on metal rendering and reflectivity!
(05-16-2019, 05:53 AM)Baldgate Wrote: Nice set, you did some big progress on metal rendering and reflectivity!

Yea i thank for noticing .But i am gonna have to work on creating more beaten material my stuff look like weapon right out of the forge.I also want to be able to create magic effect on the weapon that will eventually become there own light source and i want to learn how to use two light source to show volume as much as possible.So far the experimentation as been really toward simple light and simple texture and front view design.

I am going toward costume design right now and i will have a few more texture to experiment on like fur,bone,feather.

I will be design fantasy costume.
Drawing 6 thumbnail for each subcategorie and then developing 1 into more refined sketch.
The subcatergorie will be.

Head gear
Body armor
Pant
Glove
Foot wear

My Sketchbook
you might be interested on anthony jones gumroad for FX, I think he has a 3 dollars tuto on making special effect, I have it and its really nice.

Gl for your design :) !
(05-17-2019, 05:38 AM)Baldgate Wrote: you might be interested on anthony jones gumroad for FX, I think he has a 3 dollars tuto on making special effect, I have it and its really nice.

Gl for your design :) !

I cannot find it maybe you gave me a wrong name.

My Sketchbook
https://gumroad.com/robotpencil its process : FX - plasma gun. its 5 dollars though, my bad.

Here 's a pic of the final thing https://www.artstation.com/robotpencil/s...plasma-gun
For archiving purpose some old thumbnail i did and to give you a lil idea of the early stage of my weapon design process.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
Starting a new batch of design but this time it going to be aim at costume design.Here 5 head gears.One of those design gonna be rendered later on.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
Here 6 armor.One of those design gonna be rendered later on.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
Here 6 armor for the leg.One of those design gonna be rendered later on.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook