Darktiste Sketchbook
Hey Dark,

That chest is looking good. I like the nicks and scrapes — looks like it's been well used. Looking forward to seeing your progress with it!

(06-24-2022, 09:07 AM)Jephyr Wrote: Hey Dark,

That chest is looking good.  I like the nicks and scrapes — looks like it's been well used.  Looking forward to seeing your progress with it!

Thank for passing by Jephyr .I feel my power level is rising but it taking time for thing to come all together being that 3d isn't my main house figuring how to get the most of something take time.But when it come to perseverance i know that you only fail when you stop trying. Patience that an other story...

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Finish my gold test. Moving to finishing my treasure chest.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
Can't wait to see the finished chest! Looks so cool already! Thumbs_up

(06-27-2022, 03:51 AM)IrishWhiskey Wrote: Can't wait to see the finished chest! Looks so cool already! Thumbs_up

Thank men a few more thing to figure out and i should be able to pull it all together.

My Sketchbook
Seem like the last low tide as reveal some secret.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
Looks solid, man! Keep up the good work!

Looking good, very impressive design on the treasure chest!

Hey — that's lookin' good.

Here in the desert all the lakes are drying up and they're discovering bodies the mob threw in them over the years.

I think I'd rather find your treasure chest though!

Hope everyone doing fine i notice the website is unstable so i will be taking a pause from the forum and be back once thing seem to stablize.Hopefully i will have lot of goodies to show by then...

My Sketchbook
(07-13-2022, 03:13 PM)darktiste Wrote: Hope everyone doing fine i notice the website is unstable so i will be taking a pause from the forum and be back once thing seem to stablize.Hopefully i will have lot of goodies to show by then...

Stay strong!

I am cooking rock to day. Any favorite?

I decided to move on from the treasure chest project to come back and work on my 2d skill which i felt was rotting away with all my energy being funnel in expanding my 3d skill and since every artist should know how to draw rock i am paying my due.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
I like the top middle. Looks like a good start

I like the top middle and top right, they have very interesting shapes there!

I agree that the top middle seem like the most balance .It not so easy to balance thing for me as of right now i would say i am not very familiar with generally multiple object in my scene most of the time.Not only that you have to balance the value and get something interesting with the lightning next.Atleast my shape look different enough even those they are recycled overtime from previous set and than cut,resize and the orientation change sometime to save time.

Thank for the quick response guy!!

My Sketchbook
W.I.P
Doesn't seem contrasted enough or it just me?

Description:Gradient Pass

Next step Detail

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
(07-20-2022, 05:42 PM)darktiste Wrote: Doesn't seem contrasted enough or it just me?

Description:Gradient Pass

Next step Detail

You're right. The light and shadow values are too close together.

I guess it depends on if you are going for a pass of soft ambient light coming from a general direction, or hard light and shadow (chiaroscuro). If it's the former then actually most of these are working pretty well, it doesn't take a ton of contrast to get the form. But if it's the latter then we need to see a hard division of light and shadow, and cast shadows.

(07-21-2022, 02:35 AM)JosephCow Wrote: I guess it depends on if you are going for a pass of soft ambient light coming from a general direction, or hard light and shadow (chiaroscuro). If it's the former then actually most of these are working pretty well, it doesn't take a ton of contrast to get the form. But if it's the latter then we need to see a hard division of light and shadow, and cast shadows.

It seem like a fair observation.I was trying to go with a bit of variety in term of contrast rather that just changing the light position and changing the plane orientation.But i think i use my brush on an intensity that wasn't conclusive with my intention so atleast i know why it make sense if they feel the same.Building gradient in the style i was going for isn't even that hard so it shouldn't be a problem.

I have the intention to render 1 of them further with occlusion shadow and cast shadow.So actually it wasn't necessary right when i said next step is detail.

My Sketchbook
Hey Dark—

I have to admit that this kind of stuff is WAY out of my wheel-house — but it looks like you're getting good feedback on it already.

Maybe as you get a little further along I can make an intelligent contribution.

Otherwise — keep moving forward....