2 years - Get better or die trying
So I thought I might as well post my goals here. If people see it and know about it, I'll have to make sure I won't disappoint right? So here we go:

I want to get better. I want to do what I like, I want to be awesome at it, and I want to be able to live off of it. I want to be the man I always wanted to be. Here's my chance.
First step is to get better at drawing. Next year I'd like to be able to start doing commissions, even small ones.
List time !
What I want :

*Get better at drawing (digital and Pencils) : F*ck yeah ! But that's just the beginning :D
*Learn parkour : You know, because health and all, so ...
*Get in shape : just a little more muscles

Bonus:

*Make friends : I need to surround myself with people i can talk to. Reliable people.
*Move : I want to leave this place. Find somewhere I like to do what I like. that'd be great. And maybe travel a bit too.
(*Speaking/writing english fluently would be nice too >< )

2 years to make it. Maybe a little more before I can move away from here.
Then 5 years to be really good at what I do, learn more. Be the man.
And I really gotta move cause I can't stand this place anymore. Tired of people.
Anyway, in the next 6 months I want to master anatomy and perspective and at least get better with colors.
Yep. Maybe I'll try and make a planning (schedule? I don't know ._.) for the years to come.
I'll post it here !

STAY MOTIVATED

you need to be more precise about the goal you want to achieve start with small goal then to do it.Just keep it challenging and fun.Example like a list of study you want to do maybe 3 or 4 project of piece you want to make then repeat the process list of study project piece you want to make or comission for free to pratice

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
What works so far by me is putting little goals ahed myself.. of course main goal is to be a concept artist, make commissions etc, but that consists of a shitload of tiny goals. One step at a time - that way if I fail at something (because obvoiusly I do and my guess is so will you) you don't become so disappointed. I suggest plan your week ahead - do x no. anatomy, y no. composition study, etc. And make it rational! Not too easy, not too heavy.. that way on a sunday evening if you did everything you planned, you will lay back with a good feeling about yourself, and start the next week with more enthusiasm.. Don't know if I could help, but that worked for me :) Thumbs up! Keep at it!

Hey, thanks guys for the feedback!
I think you're right, it'd probably be better to set tiny goals but I think I have a hard time figuring out what to set for "tiny" goals.
Actually my problem might be that I know where I want to go but not how to go there or at least not accurately enough.
I'll think about it some more and make something less vague then I'll update.
Thanks again guys ! :)

well do a list of thing to learn that a big start you don't need a all in 1 plan. After that you will have a better vision of the weakness you might have just go where you dont feel comfortable and you will be in the right track trying new thing and working on weakness that will block the way to sucess it a road full of adventure go luck friend

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(08-28-2013, 10:59 PM)Samarus Wrote: Hey, thanks guys for the feedback!
I think you're right, it'd probably be better to set tiny goals but I think I have a hard time figuring out what to set for "tiny" goals.
Actually my problem might be that I know where I want to go but not how to go there or at least not accurately enough.
I'll think about it some more and make something less vague then I'll update.
Thanks again guys ! :)

I've done a file in excel with a schedule to update every month and have as well two more tabs to manage money. It helped me a lot and it's easy to update.
the password to unlock the tabs is:crismon

Even if you don't use it, at least will help you setting your on schedule. Give it a try =D

http://www.4shared.com/rar/pc3vetT4/Augu...ismon.html?
Ohai friends !

First, answers :

@Darktiste : Good advice ! Already trying to apply that :) I try to identify the things I have trouble with as I go, and then try to work to get better. I don't really like list though, but sometimes it helps a lot !
Anyway, thanks for your feedback again, I used it ! :D

@mosqueira : Excel files are good ! I use one already to manage my money (Poor people's problems \o/ ) I agree with you, they are very useful :) I'll make one for this too and I'll probably post something more visual because I know how not fun it can be to read all the things I write ^^
Thanks a lot for sharing mate ! Greatly appreciated :D I hope I'll be able to give you something in return too !

Okay so I listened to your advices guys (again, thank you all for your feedback, it helped me a lot) and thanks to you, I was able to make something that I am quite happy with.
It's only text for now, but I'll probably update it with pictures and nice colors, because pictures are cool.

Here we go :

Daily schedule :
9am-10am:breakfast+morning workout
10am-10:30 : Internet tiem !
10:30 - 3pm : Draw
3pm : Food tiem !
3pm-10pm : Draw harder
10pm Food Tiem !
10pm-11pm : Workout
11pm-11:20 : Relaxing Shower
11:20-2am : Draw again !
2am-9am : Well deserved rest

Every week :
-Work on previouslsy identified weaknesses (lots of studies)
-Produce at least 1 finished "real work" (will help apply studies and identify weaknesses)
-At the end of the week, find weaknesses to work on the following week
-Realize I have made progress and get remotivated if needed

Every Month :
-Check what has been done, Aknowledge progress, get ready for more work and more progress

[Others]
-Eat healthy food
-Don't forget to work out !

By the end of 2013 : Anatomy must be known and I must start understanding light and colors.
I must also get better at proportions, perspective and forms of course.

Future :
Goals for year 2014 :
- Go out on a regular basis to study people/architecture/colors
- Anatomy must be mastered
- I Must be able to do gesture from real life
- I must have a much better understanding of colors and lights (I mean really better, like, very good)
- I must be able to start doing commissions (even small ones)

By 2015, I want to be in ImagineFX. That would be so awesome !
Also, I'm thinking about getting in a school but I'm not about that yet.

By 2016, I think I'll be good enough to start working on my personnal projects more seriously but I'll probably start earlier and just refine and add what I learned to make everything better.

Okay, so that's it I guess. I thought about it for the past few days and that's the best I got.
It might seem a little weird but I guess that's just how my mind works.
I tried to use your great feedback to make all that even better though, because it's really good to have some external opinion.
I'll certainly update this as I go, with new goals, cool graphics, and so on, so stay tuned !

Anyway, I'm still open to your opinion and advices if you think somethin could have been done otherwise !

(Sorry, again a huge post :X)

Great goals and schedule man!

I forgot to say something. You need to plan your every workday source as well, so it will be harder for you to brake your rules. You probably know about Feng Zhu School and here's the thing:

Download FZD course Catalog and follow a plan similar to this: (using your books or pdfs)

Mine is set like this
TERM 01 (3 months each term, 5 days/week)

- Design Sketching 1 - Sketching the Basics (main book), Sketching-Drawing Techniques for Product Designers (support book)

- Visual Communications 1 - Creative Illustration (main book), Imaginative Realism (support book)

- Perspective - Succesful Drawing (main book), Creative Perspective for Artists and Illustrators (support book)

- Digital Painting 1 - Alla Prima (main book), Color and Light (support book)

- Studio Time(I've changed for Anatomy) - Figure Drawing for All It's Worth (main book), Atlas of Human Anatomy+Bridgman (support books)

http://www.fzdschool.com/downloads/FZD_D..._v03_0.pdf

Beside your studies it's important that you finish at leat one piece a day with the best techniques you have. Check the site gallery to get an idea of what you should achieve.

For workout this site may help you:
http://scoobysworkshop.com/

By the way, I'm starting my new schedule day 2 of next month. If you want to try a study group, contact me. Maybe we can help each other to keep on track