My New Digital Sketchbook
@smrr - Thanks!

Here's a few new doodles testing out some newer, adjusted brushes.

-Sketchbook-
"... for drawing is a thinking person's art." - Walt Stanchfield.
Your foundation needs a little bit of Loomis. Your proportions are way out of whack..

Juuust trolling! Man. If this is your sketchbook, how much better is your portfolio?

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
Lovely stuff, the way you capture facial features is awesome!

The last set you uploaded is amazing man, i think you should stick to that brush you seem to be very comfortable with it

Thanks for the answer, definitely helped a lot. It gets kind of abstract when you think of what shapes make up a certain character.

Nice updates ! Always leaving here inspired.
@John - Thanks man! I do think I could use some more Loomis in my life though.

@Piotr Jasielski - Thanks!

@tripna - Thanks! I'm trying to get comfortable with digital in general so your comment means a lot.

@BenFlores - Glad I could help. The conceptual stuff can be a bit dense and I worry that I can't communicate the information clearly.

Some newer stuff. Trying to develop a process to move from sketch to finish in a controlled way, with predictable results.

-Sketchbook-
(05-04-2016, 06:01 AM)JavierP Wrote: Trying to develop a process to move from sketch to finish in a controlled way, with predictable results.

Aaah yes, the dream <3

*swoons s'more over updates In love*

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
@smrr - Thanks! Yes, finding an efficient way to work is essential to producing consistent, professional work. However, don't think of it as a 'dream'. It is an absolutely necessary part of your development as an artist, if you wish to become a working professional.

-Sketchbook-
(06-02-2016, 06:26 AM)JavierP Wrote: @smrr - Thanks! Yes, finding an efficient way to work is essential to producing consistent, professional work. However, don't think of it as a 'dream'. It is an absolutely necessary part of your development as an artist, if you wish to become a working professional.
Holy... 
spot on o_o . Dang, this really opened my eyes, I need to get to work on this. 

Also, ty for more juicy updates! #blessed

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
@smrr - Thanks! I'm glad you liked them.

I have not posted in a while; have been busy with work and the general problems of life. Here are some newer images from inktober (analog) and a few digital warm-up sketches.

Fast:

Noisy:

Collect:

Hungry:

Sad:

Hidden:

Lost:

Rock:

Broken:

Jump:

Transport:

Worried:

Scared:

-Sketchbook-
Welcome back! Hows the digital process coming? I see you found a nice chunky texture brush for sketching :D

Masterful work in here. This collection of inktober drawings look so well done they're screamin to be put into a book, and I love that each one of them has a story to tell.
Really cool stuff from inktober, these are good technically, but I also like ideas.
Waiting for something new :)