My New Digital Sketchbook
Great to see you posting some more! I love how you added the film noir shadows across the chicks face.

@smrr- Thanks! Here are a few more.

@Adam Lina - Thanks! Your idea for the ChoW was very intriguing. 

-Sketchbook-
"... for drawing is a thinking person's art." - Walt Stanchfield.
Man, I left you a +rep but I also wanted to pop by and say how STOKED I am to see another artist here who focuses on constructive drawing!!! ovo You're killing it, awesome forms, great lines, sweet anatomy and characterization... some really sweet drawings. The only thing I can really suggest is maybe add more descriptive reflected light, and also on your rendered drawings to focus a little more on value composition grouping/massing. When you do your full pieces, everything is super high-contrast and the distance read is hit or miss.

This most recent page of sketches, too, is so expressive. I love it. c:

I could cry you're so good man

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
@Vicianus - Thank you! Also thank you for the insightful advice. It is very helpful.

@smrr - Thank you! But please don't cry.

I'm trying Inktober for the first time. I will make a 'real' ink drawing and a digital 'ink drawing every day. Here goes...

-Sketchbook-
yes yes yes! more! these are so good man!

@lurch - Thanks! 

Here are some more. I'm falling behind on my scanning though ...

-Sketchbook-
Yo Javier

great inks there, I really love the clarity of your designs. If i were Disney I'd hire the shit out of you

Please help me getting better by checking out my sketchbook

HOMEPAGE http://floart.weebly.com
@Flo - Thanks man!

Here are a few more inks from a while ago, and a few new drawings. Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday!

-Sketchbook-
Your work has so much energy I LOVE IT! Can't get enough of it Insane, ecstatic Really inspiring me to draw cool looking characters

Awesome work Javier. Always a pleasure lookin through these pages.
@hedgie - Thanks!
@Dennis - Thanks man! That means a lot coming from you.

I forgot to add these images to the last post. They are like process images for a band poster I did recently. All done in Photoshop; from the initial thumbnail to the final image. The physical dimensions are 14"x 23", but it was printed much smaller than that.

-Sketchbook-
awesome work dude, so much attitude love it :)

Love your work, It's hard to explain but there is so much life to it. The last one looks like a lot of fun. Can't wait to see more!
@rainbowsorknives - Thanks man!

@BenFlores - Thanks Ben! You are definitely doing a lot of great work yourself.

Here are a few things. I have been working on streamlining my process to go from sketch to 'paint' in Photoshop.

-Sketchbook-
Here's the rest of the previous page.

-Sketchbook-
Really cool stuff here dude, I get very twentieth century satirical cartoon/illustration vibes from your work, particularly those caricatures. I shall be keeping an eye on this sketchbook!

Hey man, nice work like always!

Wish I could draw like this. Do you have any advice for improving my figures and portrait drawings?You seem to have no problem coming up with different heads and body types.
@StardustLarva - Thanks!

@BenFLores - Thanks man. The only advice I can give is to try and use a variety of different shapes (triangle, square, circle), and proportional relationships in your drawings when laying our your figures' structures. "Generic/ attractive" figures tend to have a very similar set of proportional relationships. Varying those relationships tend to produce more interesting varieties of figures. The amount that you vary the proportions can be subtle or dramatic, depending on whether you want to produce stylized or realistic work. However real people can also have very wildly varying proportions, and I think it helps to study these aspects of real life to get a handle on producing different types of figures in your imaginative work. This website has been useful for me as a reference source for 'different' types of humans in the world. Hope that helps.

Here a few newer images...

-Sketchbook-
[Image: xGNwVy1.jpg]

:D

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all