René Aigner's Sketchbook
a little architecture study:

[Image: stud_0314_05.jpg]

[Image: stud_0314_06.jpg]

Amazing studies man! I really like these last 2 ones, that fucking water man. It's wonderfull, I'll definitely check more of your stuff.

Fuuuck, I'm really jealous.

Thanks rafa!

Was in the mood for something creepy tonight. So here goes the creepy young girl trope. Sweet dreams.

[Image: stud_0314_07.jpg]

Beautiful portraits.

Man, you are truly inspiring. Love your edges soo much. Also those still lives are more beautiful than reality itself.

Thanks liberty and crackedskull! =)

[Image: stud_0314_08.jpg]

Painted from life:

[Image: stud_0314_09.jpg]

[Image: stud_0314_09b.jpg]

Had some trouble with changing light with this study... next time I won't be lazy and put it in a shadow box -.-

dat environment crispyness...

:D

Keep calm and get in the robot

My sketchbook
thanks doolio =)

from imagination:

[Image: stud_0314_10.jpg]

[Image: stud_0314_10b.jpg]

50 mins alternative-spitpaint:
[Image: stud_0314_11.jpg]

and a little experiment before I'm off to bed:
[Image: stud_0314_12.jpg]

[Image: stud_0314_13.jpg]

[Image: stud_0314_13b.jpg]

Masterstudy after Bouguereau:

[Image: stud_0314_14.jpg]

Your studies and paintings are just getting more and more impressive!

amazing brushwork as always . now lemme go back to a back corner and cry ....

Thanks Eraiasu!
And thanks fox- just don't get discouraged, if I can do this anyone can^^

--
I'm happy to finally show some more of what I've been up to the last months with Grimnir. "The Frostrune" will be a point-and-click adventure for mobile devices, set in the viking age with mythological elements. All scenes will be painted. This is one of them. Check out the teaser trailer here: www.thefrostrune.com And of course feel free to share this with people you think might be interested in a fresh take on the point-and-click genre.

[Image: frostrunen_01promo.jpg]

[Image: stud_0314_15.jpg]

Here's another scene from "The Frostrune", the game I'm currently working on with Grimnir. From the point of view of an artist, these scenes are quite unusual to make- instead of just thinking about pictoral composition as you usually do with illustrations, there are many more factors to take into account. Items that can be picked up and need to feature prominently, navigational aspects, room for the user interface and continuity between the different scenes all need to be factored in. Sometimes it can be quite a challenge- but it's always fun. Check out the trailer at http://www.thefrostrune.com/

[Image: frostrunen_27promo.jpg]

[Image: stud_0314_16.jpg]