I just want to wake up early << >> <<;;
Rainbow 
No reason other than I like it - the few odd times I actually got up early my day felt SO productive even if I wasn't particularly more effective or faster. Plus it's just good health. What could go wrong?

All I want is get out of bed at 6am everyday. Since there's no proof to show for that, maybe I'll make a really quick, 30min meaningless-spaghetti-pile-I-mean-sketch as soon as I get up at 6. Like a morning jog, on the Wacom.

Well, here goes.

Focus.
i support that .It one of my main problem to.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
darkiste: It's the toughest battle first thing in the morning, but you gotta rise to the challenge! This is one of those rare challenge that is not complicated and has clear reward every time we beat it!

I have been up at 6am for the past several days but that was cheating, 'cos I didn't sleep the night before. Starting this project... NOW! Probably is against rules to spam this thread with sketches so I'll get a sketchbook here for this.

Focus.
Ive been waking up at 9-10 am im really bad but i stay up quite late and my body tells me I need 8 hours of sleep :(

Follow your passion not your friends, They may have a cool life but its you in the end
CD
http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-4764.html
DA
http://worldwarstartii.deviantart.com/
Flickr:Photography
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
(04-02-2014, 09:16 AM)eru Wrote: Ive been waking up at 9-10 am im really bad but i stay up quite late and my body tells me I need 8 hours of sleep :(

You can bump your waking time early a little bit at a time, so like 30min earlier per week until you reach your goal. The tricky part of this plan is for impatient people like me who wants to cut from 9am to 5am immediately, and just can't be patient enough to follow that plan. That's why it's not working, but it's so hard to believe in the long term result and be patient!

Focus.
(04-02-2014, 09:16 AM)eru Wrote: Ive been waking up at 9-10 am im really bad but i stay up quite late and my body tells me I need 8 hours of sleep :(

I can feel the same! I keep waking around 9 and it's mainly because I shut off my alarm unconsciously half awake... I find that it helps when you sleep earlier so the body would adjust accordingly. Try this sleep calculator to see if it helps. Also, watch Robin Sharma on "How to Wake Up Early."

"It takes 66 days to form a habit" (quote from Robin Sharma) I'm going to make it my challenge starting from today.

Industrial designer by day, Concept designer by night.

Portfolio
Blog
I need to wake up earlier too. I've been going to bed later and later which is the main problem. You have to just say to yourself that what ever it is you're doing thats keeping you up can wait till tomorrow.

When I "wake up" in the morning at like 6am, my mind wouldn't even be able to process a sentence such as "I should get up" before my arm automatically turns off the alarm (phone), and my brain falls right back to sleep. So far it's been a spotty success - some days I can get up at 6am, most days, 9am.

Focus.
It's a tough challenge to push yourself into a 6am routine. Make sure you get enough sleep though, else you'll just be over tired and probably won't enjoy it as much as you could.

But nothing beats those hours around 6am when most people are asleep - it feels like they are my special hours, only for me, in a world away from the world. When I was coming off meds I'd just fall asleep at 10pm and wake up at 5:30am everyday naturally without any alarm, it was such a beautiful time for me. As soon as I was completely off them for a few weeks it went back to normal but I really long for the morning again : )

Good luck man!

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
That was a nice read, thanks for sharing! I've actually read something similar to his idea in - I think - How to Live on 24 Hours a Day, in which the author propose sleep whenever you're tired enough to sleep, but determine to get up at the time you set for yourself every morning and never negotiate that. Soon enough your sleep time at night will adjust itself to meet your unyielding wake up time.

Of course, all the gold in this matter sits with actually carrying out the plan...

Focus.
OK, I wake up at either 5 or 6 am daily (madrid time) which is like 00:00 AM EST, and 9 pm PST. I sleep between 6 and 7:30 hours, usually the average is 6:30.
This isn't a guide on how to wake up early, but more an analisis of what I do that might make it easier to wake up early.

Besides being passionate, I always try to draw 2 or 3 hours nonstop (or almost, maybe I'll take small breaks) before going to bed, I try to be really into a topic (heads, arms, light or whatever) so that when I wake up I always have something o pick up and continue with it. Look up tricks on how to sleep better, Tim Ferris has a bunch in the ''4 hour body'', and there are cool ted talks about sleep.

Now, one stupidly funtional thing that I do is to put the alarm clock far from your bed, it could be on your desk, in a shelf, in front of your door, or in another room. It's so simple yet so effective.
I also need to remind myself that even if I feel lazy and I want to go back to bed, after an hour or two, I'll feel great; write a post it in your ceiling above your bed saying that if you need to.

marissamumbo: Yep, by Arnold Benette. Project Gutenberg has an audiobook version that's well-read: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/22453/22453-index.html

Gliger: Lol, so basically do anything necessary to win in this case, eh?

Focus.
"I just want to wake up early" HAHAHAHAAH the struggle is shared brother, i would recommend not killing yourself tough i start at 9 and finish at 3 since i have to work till 12: AM.

(08-27-2014, 02:03 AM)chickenscratch Wrote: "I just want to wake up early" HAHAHAHAAH the struggle is shared brother, i would recommend not killing yourself tough i start at 9 and finish at 3 since i have to work till 12: AM.

You mean you sleep from 0900 to 1500? Yeah the success rate's been real spotty all this time. The most consistent wake up time for me so far was 0630~0700, but I don't want that. I want like 0600 or even 0530........

Focus.
My advice might seem pointless, but here you go. As long as you're putting an X number of fixed hours into study every day , the time you wake up should be fairly irrelevant. Of course you don't want to go crazy to the point in which your sleeping habits are taking over your motivation or the rest of the day/night, but as long as you do your hours you should be fine.

Some people are night owls, and that's fine too. Yeah there's studies that say that blah blah blah, who cares? If it works for you and allows you to stay productive, keep it up, that's my advice :)

SB
That's it! *slam table* It's 6 everyday, 5:30 for bonus, and that's just how it's gonna be! Deal with it, body!

Focus.