Meat House
(12-16-2013, 05:03 AM)Hypnagogic_Haze Wrote: Those public transit gestures look great! Drawing people in public is a fun challenge. I'd love to practice it if I only had more of an opportunity. Do the people ever notice you drawing them?

I try to not let them know. That way they behave naturally. Only sometimes they looked okay about it. Most of them time they pretend they don't notice by staring stiffly away in one direction the whole ride, stare back at me stoically, or even make rather unhappy faces. It gets worse if I was sketching their feet/leg, and the owner happened to be a lady wearing a skirt. If you sketch in transit, try not to sketch ladies in skirt/dress below their torso...

Focus.
Hey man. Thanks for dropping in my sketchbook ;) I can see some nice sketches and studies. I always digg that. Can't wait to see more stuff. <3

Focus.
Its getting there man, Looking good. You might wanna push the darks in the foreground a bit more so that you can exaggerate the atmospheric perspective a bit. Looking good :)

Nice piece mate ;) Love the colors. You could throw some first plan elements to push the perspective. Some atpmosphere in the back could be cool as well. But yeah. Looking good. Can't wait for more ;)

(12-24-2013, 06:36 PM)ramalooke Wrote: Nice piece mate ;) Love the colors. You could throw some first plan elements to push the perspective. Some atpmosphere in the back could be cool as well. But yeah. Looking good. Can't wait for more ;)

Here's what it looks like at the moment:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=39713][Image: attachment.php?aid=39714]

Focus.
The oil painted mailbox is so lovely... the flowers look so threedimensional and vivid!
The landscape painting is coming along nicely... love the clouds and the autumn colors. Make sure to put your strongest contrast (value) where you want to place your focal point - right now most values seem to stay somewhere in the middle.

I hope you had a beautiful christmas :)

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!
(12-28-2013, 08:37 AM)Lyraina Wrote: The oil painted mailbox is so lovely... the flowers look so threedimensional and vivid!
The landscape painting is coming along nicely... love the clouds and the autumn colors. Make sure to put your strongest contrast (value) where you want to place your focal point - right now most values seem to stay somewhere in the middle.

I hope you had a beautiful christmas :)

Hey, someone actually like that mailbox thing! Thanks! Christmas itself was pretty uneventful for me, but the holiday markets were pretty cool to go through!

I forgot to update the last stage of that landscape painting here, tried to add more foreground for perspective, and spread out the center focal point:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=39943]

Focus.
It's lovely, those colors... <3

Nice job man! There's something really cool about finishing a traditional painting. And the best thing is, is that you can keep it for yourself if you really like it, or you can give it as a present for someones birthday etc and score some brownie points :D (And save yourself some money if their gift was going to be expensive :P )

If you want something to add perspective though, you cant go wrong with birds. Add some birds. Everywhere. Birds and rim light, thats all being an artist is about xP

Really beautiful landscape! The reds really glow against those green hills.

Sketchbook

Awesome landscape painting. It's cool to see it done ;) Waiting for more <3. Give us moaaarr ahrghhfh @_@ XD

Thanks fellas! Rim light's probably not gonna fit well with this lighting, but birds I'll think about! Got another one to do later, but right now just want to put a let-it-out sketch here.

Focus.

Focus.

Focus.
Oooooh those lovely blossoms. Thank you for also sharing work in progress shots, it's so interesting so see how something beautiful like that comes to life!

The sketches are bit scratchy - maybe try to use less lines, but really make them count when you put down the pencil. But they definitely do convey what they should (uncertain, lost in thought), good job on that!

Uncertain hands = scratchy lines... will need more work, and, preferably, faster.

Focus.
I really like the colors you used in the oil paint of the pink flowers :) They look beautiful, especially the background flowers, which fade a bit into that blue, to allow the main subject, the cluster of flowers in front to come through :)
I also like the two gesture drawings, they look like they tell a story. The finished line-work of the uncertain fighter is so pretty <3 She looks like an intriguing character :) As for speed, don't worry about it, just keep drawing, it'll come with practice, but you can also try to do quick gesture drawings a lot, it also helps surprisingly much at developing speed, and making your lines cleaner.

The world is moved by illusions.
Deviantart
| Sketchbook
Some really nice updates since my last visit ;) I love the traditional painting you did <3

I need to do like you and start sketch anywhere. I know this habit helps a lot.
The plane sketch looks great. I like those sketches with a lot of line, almost lost '-'
Lost in thought... I'm always like him haha!