My little sketchbook
Didn´t upload anything for a long time @_@
In the time I didnt post anything, I practised a lot. I know how to paint hair now (kinda) xD
[Image: demon_by_sir_lex-d74j3eo.jpg]
A Painting that i did today.

really like your sketchbook man! nice job controlling that edge hardness.
@Aether Technician , thanks man :)

Sketches and shi..
[Image: 2yy31xc.jpg]
[Image: n627sx.jpg]

Hm, I really like your traditional art but not your digital one.

Nice skin/texture on those last two pieces!

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!
@Lyraina, Thank you very much!

small update;

[Image: 2v35252.jpg]
[Image: sketches_studies_by_sir_lex-d7nfyi6.jpg]

@Mariyan-Hristov, thanks man :)

2updates today :D

new thing;
[Image: dangerous_guy_by_sir_lex-d7ni53w.jpg]

i finished this today. hope you like it :)

[Image: 2evc0t0.jpg]

[Image: 2w7g8w9.jpg]

Some paintings that i recently did.
[Image: 5513b6.jpg]
[Image: j13gd2.jpg]

Hey man, thanks for dropping by, you've got some amazing things going on here, I love the way you render your stuff, haven't seen these styles in a while and I like it!
Just don't forget to do full body studying too, I see in a few of your studies that you tend to focus too much on what you're trying to render and that makes the rest of the body out of proportion, like each piece of the body is great on its own but when you put them together dosn't seem quite right, anyway, keep fighting man!

@ rafa zanchetin, yeah i know D: I just practised parts of (for example) the body and i never really tried to put thing together. I need to paint more full characters so that i get used to this. Thanks for the crit :) !

[Image: otq4x4.jpg]
[Image: uploaad.jpg]

I agree with Rafa there - it's one thing (and a good thing) to know how each body part works, but first thing is always the overall pose and anatomy. Just like in painting, it's better to go from big relations to small relations. I'd personally say do shitloads of gesture studies! :)
Lots of great stuff here BTW, I really like your rendering style!

Hey man thanks for stopping by my sketchbook. Nice improvement even just pon this second page scrolling through. I think gesture sketches would be good to add some life to your poses also as they're a bit stiff. Also for the hard edges I think the lasso tool would help you out as it seems like you're painting the hard edges in and in certain places it's creating a sloppy look to the armour for example, I think this is prob due to getting used to painting on the tablet though.

Overall you're on the right track just keep banging those studies ad imagination works out ;).

@ JonHop +Kaffer, Thank you very much! I´m going to upload some of my life drawings/gesture studies when my scanner starts to work again haha.

@JonHop, btw thanks for the tip with the lasso tool

lil update
[Image: 1zb8eg0.jpg]

[Image: 34qjw1v.jpg]

Nice to have you back :) I think your faces could use some work. Doing some skull and muscle anatomy of the face studies would help. Also if you're familiar with the anatomy of the head already the Reilly method is a really good tool for drawing believable heads. You just draw the grind lines over and over till you memorize them. I saw a big difference when I started practicing it. If you dont know the anatomy of the face though it can just look like a bunch of randomly played lines so knowing it first really helps. Theres also a Reilly grid for the figure too which I highly recommend. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the comments/advice! :)

I did a lot of figure drawing/studys in the meantime, it worked wonders.

Here are just a few studys and stuff from imagination that i did!

Attached Files Image(s)