My Precioussss SB
gestures and hogarth study

Attached Files Image(s)

Loving the studies man, look at that, you are already up to the third page of your sketchbook! Moving on fast, my man. Keep up the good work :)

analyzing figure today

Attached Files Image(s)

Those geastures are killer ;) Keep'em comming ;3

gestures, hogarth and portrait study

Attached Files Image(s)

<3 so many studies. nice job. Those hogarth ones look especially nice.

On the middle coloured study at the bottom here, you are loosing a lot of values in her skin. If you can I would try and exaggerate what you see and see what you come up with. Otherwise, get a nice lady friend over and look at real life colours and values in a face, because a camera tends to flatten them.

jake : thank you for your advice and critique jake, yeah, i'm just copy value from photo, maybe i should exaggerate it.

just couple of portrait study, trying few approaches to paint in PS

Attached Files Image(s)

Yeah the camera is just a crude recording device. Add random colours in (subtle colours lol), exaggerate your darks and down play the high lights to only certain places to control where the eye goes.
You are definitely improving, my man. Keep up the good work

gestures and photo studies

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice job man, getting there. The colours in the last hand study are great. On the face at the bottom, don'y make the darks of the wrinkles too dark otherwise they will look a bit like cuts not wrinkles. Nice job nonetheless :)

gestures dump and master study

Attached Files Image(s)

ohhhhh snap. That last portrait is fantastic. Love the colours in the skin. You are getting better :D You should try applying some of your studies to some portraits from your imagination. Unless that last one was from imagination, in which case /bowdown nice work.

Mariyan-Hristov : thank you, right now i'm trying to build my portfolio around illustration and concept, like Justin Sweet and Craig Mullins *someday*

Jake : thank you jake, but it's just master study from Yudehong, he got same vibe like ruanjia, that's why i study it.

Gesture and various studies, trying to understand drapery

Attached Files Image(s)

Being inspired by Ruan jia is ALWAYS a good thing in my opinion ;D He's the king of chunk (the way everything he paints has such a sense of form) I'm with Jaik there that you should take a break from studying from reference and allpyling those studies to a personal piece, that is where the real study part comes in. Rewarding too since your personal stuff will probably look a whole lot better :)

Well.. I have a new artist to add to my list of hero's. this guys work is amazing. Its a very weird style, but I like it.

Good stuff you are doing here. Keep it up.