Shin's Sketchbook
Another portrait study, this time focused on being a little loose with the values so i don't waste too much time on one part of the face and trying to make the painting stylish.

Shin's Sketchbook ▼ ▼ ▼Patreon ▼ ▼ ▼ dArt
Some concept and master studies.

Study.

Quick study.

Another quick study.

Been trying to do something new every day so decided to study some dragons.

Little update, been taking my time with studies recently since i noticed i would make them only to do more without actualy learning anything, bad habit indeed.

-first try at the AO technique

dang you're goin hardcore haha! i like how you have a good sense of direction stick with that for sure! yea keep with those gestures and put in as much time as you can on those portraits make em look as accurate as possible that'll push ya forward. also the best way i think to practice faces is to learn a construction method like loomis or hampton and then try to do it just like gestures say on quickposes; try to get that fast and accurate as possible and you will develop fast through the mistakes, don't worry bout showing em!

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Some sketches, AO, master studies and probably a WIP of a dragon, don't know if i'm gonna finish it.

Just a late night sketch and another try at portraits and being more loose.

Hey Shin! Long time I didn't post here but I'm always checking. Damn all those value studies you did have helped sooo much! You're lighting is looking great! Especially those dragon pictures and the lady right at the top of page 9. Love the dragon anatomy breakdown too - have a look at birds and also horses feet, the foot part stretches up about half of the leg, where we have knees is just their ankle, could look more natural on a dragon but idk! Just a thought! Keep going man : )

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
Calling this one finished.

Wow Shin, that improvement from page 1 is wonderful!

Keep applying them studies and keep consistent and you'll be smashing through walls

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Just some late night sketching..

(01-13-2015, 11:28 PM)smrr Wrote: Wow Shin, that improvement from page 1 is wonderful!

Keep applying them studies and keep consistent and you'll be smashing through walls

Thanks, i'm trying my best ! : )

(01-12-2015, 08:38 AM)JyonnyNovice Wrote: Hey Shin! Long time I didn't post here but I'm always checking. Damn all those value studies you did have helped sooo much! You're lighting is looking great! Especially those dragon pictures and the lady right at the top of page 9. Love the dragon anatomy breakdown too - have a look at birds and also horses feet, the foot part stretches up about half of the leg, where we have knees is just their ankle, could look more natural on a dragon but idk! Just a thought! Keep going man : )

Hey ! :D
Yes, i'll definetly start doing some animal anatomy soon enough so expect that ; )

Portrait study of today.

Some old and new stuff.

Not feeling like my art is going in any better way.. ;/

-movie stills

-master studies.. I'll need to make them more

Study and trying some new approaches.

Kinda geting in comfort with profile view~

Some ant creature for a friend.