CRIMSON ARENA 1 - Son of Zeus -FINALS thread
Here is where you will post your finals for the very first Crimson Arena!

Post your final pieces and all of your studies, thumbnails, sketches, etc. that you did to get to the final here.

IF WE DON'T SEE STUDIES WE WILL NOT ACCEPT THE SUBMISSION

OK, reposting from previous thread
*edit* added progress stepts ;)
[Image: attachment.php?aid=46245]

I picked Hephaistos, the god of crafting.
Final image and the pics leading up to it.(might have messed up the chronological order in some parts)

Apollo, god of music, archery and something else (i dont remember)
this painting is Apollo playing his harp to succubuses.

[Image: EEKIfvu.jpg?1]
@Madzia: Don't forget to also post your studies on this thread with your final, we can't count the submission if we don't see the studies and thumbnails you did to get to the final.

Here is my final

Edit: Forgot the description, Sci fi Enyo goddess of war, chaos and bloodlust.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=46342]

Here's my final image, Athena and an owl spirit pausing for a moment during the Titanomachy.

Attached Files Image(s)

Almost forgot damn im cutting it close. Thanks for reminding me Pablo i owe you big time! :D

Melinoe bringer or nightmares and madness final

[Image: crimdims_childozeus_Melinoe.jpg]

Forgot my studies sorry for the double post im on mobile right now and itll be more of a hassle to delete the last and imbed 2 images and its 11:52PM!

[Image: V2czIBN.jpg]

Here is my final. it is Hermes guiding souls to the underworld, which is one of his duties as a god. His symbols are the herald's staff (Caduceus) and a winged cap. The Caduceus you see in my final is an early depiction of it, seen on old Greek kraters. As for the winged cap, I tried to show this as an extension of his feathered cloak. I learned a lot doing this but more importantly, I discovered a lot of things that I struggle with. :P

Final...
Larger Version
[Image: HermesGuidetotheUnderworld_small2_zps6aaf0c16.jpg]

Studies/thumbnails...

[Image: StudiesSheet_zps6db25bd6.jpg]

[Image: ThumbsSheet_zpscc9f6749.jpg]

Here's my studies and final image, Kairos: God Of Opportunity!

"Caerus (KY-russ) or Kairos was the spirit (daimon) of opportunity, the youngest divine son of Zeus. He was depicted as a youth with a long lock of hair hanging down from his forehead, which indicated that Opportunity could only be grasped as he approached. He was bald in back, so you couldn’t catch him as he was leaving. Even Zeus couldn’t catch him the moment after he flew by, because opportunity, like love (Eros), is stronger than even the top god."

*edit: added steps/progress shots

Attached Files Image(s)

Hello my name is Vlad Botos and this is my Athene entry.

Attached Files Image(s)

Wohoo, my Steampunk Perseus fighting steampunk Sea Beast is ready! Almost missed the deadline polishing details :D

Well here's my entry, Eris, the goddess of Discord. Eris, angry at not being invited to the wedding-feast that the gods held for the nymph Thetis and hero Peleus, inscribed a golden apple from the Garden of the Hesperides with 'to the fairest' and dropped into the feast. Hera, Aphrodite and Athena all started arguing over who the apple was meant for.

Learned a whole deal making this.

And my studies

Research done on material from the British Museum, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Los Angeles County Museum of Art and the books "The Worldwide History of Dress" and "7000 Years of Jewellery".

Great Work everybody!!
Madzia- wonderful execution and brushwork!

Crackedskull- love the mammoth statue!

tekkoontan- love the sexy female figures you've rendered, very soft touch to them, nice work!

EduardoGaray- Nice character man! She's a trooper!

PabloNotPicasso- love the owl as well as your painterly style!

futurespaceghost- nice work! Love the half demon stuff, I would like to try a character like that.

JJ Aaron- Love the mood! good job

Mannyhaatz- Lovin the cloth man!

Taldarin- Love the mood and glowing effects, nice work!

goodsir- Nice armor, love the concept!

Darantha- nice colors and cloth!! really nice cloth!

Here is my finish, I don't really have any influence pics for armor or mood other then the stuff that was posted in the beginning thread as an example. I do look at other work because I too easily rip other off without even thinking about it so I don't want any influences popping in to my head so I can try to stay original. I did pump up the Ares a little because I actually did look at a few Ares and noticed that he is a god and a powerful one so you have to treat him as such.

Here is my entry, Enyo Goddess of war:

[Image: H1KprAc.jpg]

[Image: 9DPVXhf.jpg]
Many thanks to Forrest and Vansty for creating this challenge, it was an awesome idea.

My entry - Persephone getting abducted by Hades (aka, The Rape of Persephone)

[Image: rwBjm66.jpg]
[Image: mYVSBC6.jpg]
[Image: 0D0QpkO.jpg]
[Image: VxBOuN2.jpg]
[Image: suXmkqI.jpg]

Done!
[Image: 4yFIXQ8.jpg]
[Image: YW7R3qs.jpg]
[Image: FTYjAGL.jpg]

Here's my final entry, Melinoe and her undead demon army 8D

[Image: XLYBudK.jpg]

and the other stuff

[Image: myCWm12.jpg]
[Image: WTJjufv.jpg]
[Image: 7c3g0LS.jpg]

Great job everyone! Styles, our wonderful judge John Silva, and myself are making our decisions for the 3 finalists and we will stream the critiques within the next couple days. I will post on the Finals thread and on the Crimson Dagger Facebook page when we stream so keep a look out. The stream will be saved though so don't worry, if you miss it you can watch the prerecorded version :)

Seriously though this is an awesome turn out for the first challenge, the next Crimson Arena challenge will start in a couple of weeks (we want to give you guys time to rest so you can study up and prepare or take care of freelance stuff or real life things etc.). So hopefully we will have an even larger turn out for that one :D

Heya Forrest, just a suggestion for next time around, I think it would be useful to remind people up front to resize their images before posting. I know there is an autoresize function now, but I tried to view this thread on a tablet and some of the posts pretty much broke the loading and viewability of any posts due to their excessive size. Maybe 1.5k px max on horizontal width?

Great work everyone.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta