Daily Handicapped Doodles
I thought it would be fun to start a thread for practicing non-dominant hand drawing. The only rule is you cant use your dominant hand so use your foot, mouth, armpit... anythings fair game and I mean A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G ;)

I'll be posting a doodle daily and encourage everyone to contribute as well. No pressure to create a masterpiece here. Just have fun and do something quick and painless.

For my first doodle I decided to set the bar with a masterfully crafted right foot drawing.

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: ask1.jpg]
Dominant, non dominant :p guess

That was a fun, short break from The Damn Struggle. Thanks Haze!

Focus.

[Image: kids_failing_hard_03.gif]

Sketchbook ▲  Website ▲ TwitterArtStation ▲ Twitch ▲

Wonderful job everyone! Those are worthy of being hung on the refrigerator. For added fun todays post is a mystery doodle. First person to guess which part of my body I drew this with wins a cookie ಠ◡ಠ

Attached Files Image(s)

Do I have to join some group to participate? It's in PARTNER/GROUP DAILIES ... if not maybe move it to COMMUNITY CHALLENGES?

Oh I guess you're right. How do I move the thread? Do I have to remake it?

ask admin maybe to move it :)

It's nice to do this kind of stuff when I"m stuck in... a bunch of places. Thanks Haze!

Focus.
No problem meat! I like these plant animals you're coming up with. Nothing fancy for today, just left handed sketching.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice lizard and alien! I can't draw a single line that isn't fusilli with my non dominant hand. But wouldn't it be cool to be a bi-dexterous (is that a word?) artist?

Focus.
haha my right hand have wicked line design xD

do you also have this feeling? :D

Thanks meat, I believe its called ambidextrous. About a month ago I spent a whole day just practicing left handed ellipsis and straight lines and saw huge improvements. Im guessing it would take maybe a month of doing that to become completely ambidextrous.

Nice job Madzia! I havnt experienced that. Maybe its a lefty thing? :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Stiff right wrist motivates the left hand to draw.

More left hand drawing

Attached Files Image(s)

Alternating hands is actually better than I thought. Not only does my right hand get to rest, but when I start up drawing with right hand again I get this feeling of joy, because of the jump in linequality.

Yea cracked, its a nice feeling. I like seeing my left hand slowly getting better too.

Attached Files Image(s)

You guys draw better with your left hand that I draw with my right hand.

While this is fun, I'm worried if I'm treating this like a quick fix instead of investing in long-term paintings?

Focus.
Meat, its good for getting your creativity flowing if anything. Try using it as warm up before tackling your long term painting.

I've been letting my right wrist recover so I spent today just practicing boring stuff with my left hand.

Attached Files Image(s)