Nat's Sketchbook
Some fun stuff from today. Finally beat the block on the portrait though still some fixes to do, face is looking a bit flat, then rendering to go. Not sure which version I prefer.

Attached Files Image(s)

Stuff from today. So little time, so much to do. Self portrait and life drawing/painting.

Attached Files Image(s)

Starting my painting/rendering theme for this month. Some studies from life, couple from photos, and more work on the ongoing illustrations, trying to find my problem areas so I can work on them but everything is hard tbh

Attached Files Image(s)

Today was a very slow day, so tired. D: trying to learn about chiaroscuro from Rembrandt, did a study then something from imagination

Attached Files Image(s)

Be careful when you study dark paintings from photo reference. The dark areas may look black, but in reality theres a huge range of very subtle blues and browns that are very hard to capture in photography

@Beardley I will watch out for that, thanks!

Swamped with uni work and deadlines, normal service will resume soon.

Attached Files Image(s)

Clawing back my schedule!

Attached Files Image(s)

Some life drawing, 30 second gestures, face studies and vilppu. Need to work on my edges. :|

Attached Files Image(s)

Some life painting today, so much fun! A painting of my bro for his birthday, and some anatomy from Vilppu and reference. Trying out Anthony Jones’ method of combining 30 second and 5 minute anatomy studies, it’s difficult but feels like it’s helping.

Attached Files Image(s)

Huh, apparently post didn't go through. 30 second and 5 minute gestures, some Vilppu and portrait. Comp is bothering me now, dark side is too dark. Such is life.

Attached Files Image(s)

Lots of hard work, love that!
The painting of your brother came out really good, keep it up!

@rafa zanchetin Thanks a lot man, trying to keep up the work! Loving your sketchbook too, so motivating : D

Internet's down at my house, so here's some stuff from the past few days: anatomy from vilppu, anatomy from imagination, studies and a finished (?) portrait. At least as finished as I can make it, I think if I stare at it any longer I will scrap it and start over.

Attached Files Image(s)

Some stuff from the last day or two, internet is back but not for long, waiting for the line to be fixed.

Attached Files Image(s)

Awesome stuff man! Looks like your lines are becoming a bit more efficient; just keep pushing to make lines as efficient as possible (that's something I struggle with sometimes). Looking forward to more :D

@Jeremygordon89 Thanks so much! I'm really trying to tackle my line efficiency and glad it's coming through. : )

Had to take a week off in order to not fail my degree, ha, but I'm back now, though my internet is very slow. So I might not post daily just because it takes /so/ long to upload images. Changing up my workflow a bit, trying to slow down and make sure I really am studying what I'm doing, so there might be a drop in output. But here's some stuff from today.

Attached Files Image(s)

Internet was out last night so here's some stuff from yesterday. Had a busy day so not much! Rembrandt study was super hard, will have to try it again. GIF gestures are from Avatar, pre-studies for a commission, I don't know anything about the show so wanted to get some idea of the movement even though it's super anatomically incorrect.

Attached Files Image(s)

yeahhh avatar studies! good job man :)
@AngeliquevdMee Thank you : D

Long break, technical problems broke me away from the computer and internet and had to go home over christmas. I filled a sketchbook but won't post it here, rather post new stuff. So here's some life drawing from this week and some doodles.

Attached Files Image(s)

Grand figure studies there! Only thing I would say is that the head of the figure in the 7th image might be a little bit large, but I could be wrong.

Gettin' gooood! Loved the algenpfleger incorporated sketch. Keep at it! :)

E-MAIL - [email protected]

PORTFOLIO

Facebook page

othrandir.tumblr.com

othrandir.deviantart.com