O'Donnell's sketchbook
(02-19-2018, 06:31 AM)MannionJJ2020 Wrote: You're stuff is incredible man! how old are you!? Thanks for sharing

Thanks so much Mannion! I'm 26! :)

(02-13-2018, 03:05 PM)Tygerson Wrote: Your landscapes are just magical! I wish they were real so I could go there. Thank you for sharing your process!

Thanks really appreciate it!! :)

(02-13-2018, 05:14 PM)darktiste Wrote: Got to say this sketchbook is inspiring in term of color and mood.You show alot of confidence and it show in what you do.Truely promising i wouldn't lie.

Thanks very much really appreciate it! I go through the same struggles as every artist with having low confidence at times :) I found reading Art & Fear very useful! I'd highly recommend it, if it's something you struggle with!

Been working on a few character sketches outside of the college film work. This was too good of an opportunity to pass up.. Inspired by the JCB Bandit on Friday night.. I might of gone a lidl overboard!

For anyone out of the loop, Ireland was hit with a major snow storm, making it difficult for emergency services to travel anywhere! Some lunatic took advantage of this and stole a telescopic JCB and tore down the front of Lidl, in search of alcohol and their safe.

[Image: G7cwUI5.jpg]

Another character study[Image: 7OFc9Pc.jpg]

Oh dear, those TEETH! He looks like he's on the way to the Darwin awards. :D

Sketchbook

(03-06-2018, 03:08 PM)Tygerson Wrote: Oh dear, those TEETH!  He looks like he's on the way to the Darwin awards. :D

Haha front row seat! cheers!!

Here's another one from the short film I'm working on. We have 5 weeks until the deadline so I'm knee deep in animation right now. We're using Toon Boom for anyone wondering. There's 2 versions of this one. The second is so the animation fits in better![Image: SoHKy9e.jpg][Image: swBjmVf.jpg]

Love how you use shapes and colour mate, inspirational work :).

Keep going and good luck with the animation!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Thanks Artloader appreciate it man! We got our film finished so it will be in the cinema for a screening next week. Everyone from the animation industry in Ireland attends the event so exciting times. We'll be uploading the film online at a later date. For now have some backgrounds from the short :) Some sketches and ref along with the final.[Image: iyA6bXT.jpg]
[Image: LTJAjeF.jpg]
[Image: UBRn6rL.jpg]

It's awesome to go through this thread and see your style develop. You were already pretty damn good back at the start, but damn these recent works are 10/10
(05-17-2018, 04:19 AM)swindesr Wrote: It's awesome to go through this thread and see your style develop. You were already pretty damn good back at the start, but damn these recent works are 10/10

Thanks a lot man! Yeah fun to see the progress and mistakes I've made, it keeps me motivated :)

Hey dudes here's another piece I worked on for my final year animation. Here's the progress from storyboards to research, to the final piece. 

[Image: VCll7Pz.jpg][Image: LYbzLpS.jpg][Image: dgrPydT.jpg][Image: 52XD08Q.png][Image: gY0ANXz.jpg]

Another piece I worked on for our short film, simple blockout in Maya - played around in Maya to find a dynamic camera angle, set up some lighting - took a screenshot and worked off this as a base in Photoshop [Image: dtK0OLS.jpg][Image: BgimvTS.jpg][Image: dZZeO7f.png]

gr8 stuff m8

Hey guys! Been a while since my last post. Since then I've graduated from college with a first Class Honours degree and I'm now working in Brown Bag Films, in Dublin, Ireland. I've been working there as a 2D Designer for the past 9 months and it's been great!!

We finally posted up our final year film, you can check out the full project and the bits I did here and the film! Cheers!

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/QzR0qE

absolute frigginlutely love these!

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/ima...1553724786

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Fantastic work on Whack Jobs! You and your team did really well, the effort and dedication looks like it's really paying off. The ending was surprisingly dark and unexpected haha. How did you start working with Brown Bag Films? Any tips for applying to or working with studios and companies? I'm a big fan now, thanks for sharing!

Howdy folks, here's a new painting for the monthly art jam in my job. The theme was the wild west. This was inspired by Frank Tenney Johnson, Bill Anton and Red Dead.  

The high res is up on my artstation https://www.artstation.com/artwork/baD2KE[Image: 3ptABq1.jpg]

Fedodika - Thanks mate!

ubem - Thanks very much! Glad you liked it :) Well I got a portfolio together with a mixture of styles and different examples of what I could do. The role was a 2D Designer, so you're basically doing everything 2D, so tried to show as much of that as I could. They also loved to see me using 3D in my workflow. I'm using 3D in my job everyday now and it makes my life so much easier especially for doing turnarounds of complicated objects. I'd recommend checking out Jama Jurabaev's intro to Blender and get the Boxcutter and Hardops addons.