Yang's Sketchbook
last one before I move on the landscapes

Attached Files Image(s)

one last study for the night

Attached Files Image(s)

Good stuff mate - that 50 mark exercise looks really interesting - your final apple looked excellent. Keep going!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

master study

Attached Files Image(s)

just gotta keep grinding

Attached Files Image(s)

Hello, I really love your landscapes on previous page. Those studies are nice as well. I think that you can quickly improve theses just by adding few crisp edges. It will be nice contrast to those blended strokes and it will definitely put viewer's attention to focal point.

Keep up the great work!
Thanks Pavel :)

Attached Files Image(s)

So life happened and so it took 3 days to finish this...which is probably 2 days too long

anyways..adventure is out there! :)

Attached Files Image(s)

The sky is nice an luminescent and I love the cloud shadows on the rock faces, good work mate. Keep going!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Thanks Artloader :)

Been feeling quite frustrated with my progress lately. Sometimes looking at other people's great art is a good motivator, and other times it just makes you think, "man, why can't I be that good?" It's stupid though, because you just have to keep trekking and eventually you'll get there..it's only a matter of time..

Been mostly doing a bunch of incomplete studies only and so here's one I actually did finish

Attached Files Image(s)

No need to worry, you said it yourself. :)
Besides your studies look great!

What exactly frustrates you?

Photoshop CC2015 / MacBook Pro
Procreate / iPad Pro
My SB: nutriman's quest for awesomeness
I think it's just overwhelming sense that there's still so much to learn in so many different areas. I think also it's just a lack of patience on my part. You watch video processes of artists and how they make what they do look so easy and fast, and at a certain of course you're going to get envious. But enough moping from me.

Another photo study :) trying to focus on different kinds of lighting.

Attached Files Image(s)

I love the lighting you put into your stuff man, works really well in my opinion. For me it's inspirational to watch you keep grinding out the hard work - keep going my friend.

CD Sketchbook

zorn studies

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice job! I love your master studies, and the way you paint light is really nice. Keep up the good work! :)

More master studies. Just discovered this guy named Edward Compton and his landscape work is phenomenal.

Attached Files Image(s)

Just mostly have a bunch of pieces that I never finished and so here is another master study. Trying to make efficient brush strokes, and have a "finished" feel..

Anthony van Dyck

Attached Files Image(s)

head forms...starting to notice the subtle soft and hard edges and how important they are..and that i need to practice paying more attention to it

Attached Files Image(s)

just need a few more of the head from lower angles and I'll move back to doing master studies

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey man hows it going? I know that feeling of frustration I feel it all the time, especially when I make crappy drawings, Im thinking , after all these years my drawings are still crap!?
but then I still continue even though i puke out ton and ton of crappy drawings. Cos you said it yourself.
It all just takes time.

When im feeling down, i just pop up a sycra video or any inspirational art channel like level up. just so i can get back on track. so yeah.

You're definitely on the right track with the studying though. very accurate studies. I would like to know whats your tought process on doing the master studies also how do you get to draw so accurately? do you use grids or anything? do you measure all the time?