Zesiul
MY SKETCHBOOK

Please take a look, I love hearing critiques and learning from them, so drop on by.

Also check out my blog. MY BLOG

Here are a few examples.

[Image: Torso_Master.png]
[Image: hands_Jan_1_2012.png]
[Image: wip_sword_tree_01.png]
[Image: Dec2.png]
[Image: Dec_11_2011.png]
[Image: walt_Face_Jan_7_2012.png]

Available for Freelance - Portfolio | CD Sketchbook | Blog | Email
Cool stuff ! I especially like the pin-up girl. I think line weight will do a lot to help your forms, thinner lines in the light and thicker in shadow.

Hey thanks rich4rt, I appreciate it. I've been studying up on lines lately. So I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

great work! the pin-up girl is really good. and the Breaking Bad study is excellent. keep it up!
Sure will, every day. Here's todays study.
[Image: head_study_jan_24_2012.png]

Another study of my bust.
[Image: bust_study_Jan_25_2012.png]

good stuff

Nice cast studies. Is the background behind the cast really that dark? If so I kind of feel like the interior values of the cast need to be pushed back a bit, carve out some shadows to round out the form a bit more. The first study has a nice warm/cool evaluation, although it gets a bit flat. The second is a bit more rounded, probably could push the highlights. If you have a lamp, you could try some more dramatic lighting to help push your range.
Another one. They're coming along.
[Image: Face_Study_Jan_27_2012.png]

@brenthollowell
Thanks!
@CoreyKLamb
No it's not really black it's a white wall the same color as the bust. But these studies are more toward form and lighting less so composition and such. I did actually try another lighting style this time! The first two were day lit on overcast days. This one was more of a side/under light.

[Image: Foam_Still_life_Jan_27_2012.png]
Fun still life.

Haven't posted in about 3 days, but here you go! Here's my studies for the bloodsport as is.
[Image: Originalideas.png]
[Image: later_templates.png]
[Image: suite_study.png]
[Image: crow_study.png]

I have some redesign ideas I've been sketching out on my sketchbook. But these are the studies I had time for today. I'll do plenty more asap.

[Image: Final_3_sketches.png]
[Image: pants_study.png]
[Image: old_lady_study.png]

Hey - nice stuff here! Love the Breaking Bad study. You also chose the 2 comps for your Howl's Castle that I liked the most (the 2nd and 3rd from your most recent round).

I don't know which one you're working on for your final, but the 3rd to me is the most intriguing compositionally. The second one would definitely show off your skill a lot more though. The first one is cool but just doesn't draw me in as much.

Steve Anthony Pierce
CD Sketchbook | Artstation | Instagram | Blog | Twitter | DA | Facebook
If you want to take advantage of the facial anatomy studies, fallow it up with facial expression studies. Believe me the knowledge really sticks in that combination.

[Image: Poster_2.png]
This isn't the final poster I'm going with, it's down to this one and another, I'm just rendering both more until I decide which I prefer.

The other one I'll have up by tomorrow.

[Image: poster_2_rendered.png]

Looking good!
Nice poster like the rendering!

You're just truckin along. Awesome amount of work you're pumping out, progress can already be seen.
@Knut Thanks.
@JasonR Thanks man, I'm glad you see it haha.

Been really busy lately, here is the other composition I've gone with for the bloodsport.
Background, with character silhouette, and with title.
[Image: Poster_1_ideas.png]
Plus the Super Bowl got me drawing my man Hulk, study from the trailer of course.

[Image: hulk_rough.png]

Here is my final for the Bloodsport #5! Along with progress!
[Image: Composition_Progress.png]
[Image: Howls_Moving_Castle_Final_Cover.png]

This really put a lot of things in perspective for me, I know what to study now! haha