Victor wants to CREATE!
Feeling extremely bad about those drawings, it's dirty, looks like my hand weigths tons, I'm feeling that I'm not making the drawings correctly, not correctly capturing it :/

Do you guys know some course or online tutorial, book or something to improve my Life Drawing?

[Image: sy838o.jpg]

[Image: 16jea13.jpg]

[Image: 14aj778.jpg]
Made another still life, a really fast one, trying other techniques. This time I did a really loose sketch and construction with colored pencil and then refined with a 0.5 Mechanichal Pencil and quick render just to give a little volume with cross hatching with a 0.9 2B Mechanical Pencil.

Feels better to me, I think I could capture the object better, and it was WAAY faster then the other ones. Trying to not think too much of the rendering in traditional drawings.

[Image: 308bkox.jpg]
Yeah the loose sketch with couple structures on top, really works well. It also enhance the drawing workflow, since you already have a light idea put down, so you have to think less about it during the rendering phase.

Not much to say aside from keep going.
Today was a good day! I continued my studies on Scott Robertson's How to Draw Book and managed a time to make a Figure Study.

It's been a long long time that I don't do this kind of study, I forgot some of the insertion points and positioning of the muscles, especially in the shoulder and inside of the leg area, gotta review all those things. But I think I captured the gesture kinda well, I thought that I was going to struggle much more.

[Image: 9TYZI8Q.jpg]
One more study. I'm not really sure about his right leg, feels wrong, can you guys tell me what exactly?

[Image: ofoylc.jpg]
I did one more today, struggling a lot with back muscles, must study harder!

[Image: 2h8022r.jpg]
One more, still struggling a lot with back muscles, but I think it's better than the last study!

I started to do the exercises that Scott Robertson tells in his book (straight parallel lines, ellipses, etc etc..) and I feel that my draftsmanship is waaaay better than before, I'm pretty happy about that! :D

[Image: b96oep.jpg]
One more :D

[Image: xbczK2z.jpg]
I think you would benefit a lot if you give this group a visit:
http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/showthre...6#pid85486

They can give you few pointers ion your muscle sketches since it's after all, a group based of dissecting the human body. Keep it up!
Hey nice muscle studies! I really got get doing those myself, I struggle with muscles. Your SB overall is pretty solid, I'd like to see some stuff from imagination. I know you're studying Industrial Design, so is this more of a hobby? I'd love to see some more stuff from you. Keep it uuuuup.

Man, I like seeing people shill for the anatomy group (Thanks Zerathus).

Anyway, looks good, man :) Gonna give you a crit on the anatomy because you've got some good stuff going but there are also a few things you're missing.

So I'll start with front (anterior) view. I like that you clearly mark the clavicle, and sternum. You've missed the third origin of the pectorals major that attaches to tendon around the fifth rib.

You haven't really drawn the external obliques. They attach by the anterior superior iliac spine but you've drawn them so they attach somewhere near the pubis bone. The external oblique is a teardrop shape and is very easy to spot when looking at anatomy plates. The little bit you sometimes see moving down the anterior superior iliac spine is the internal oblique, a separate muscle.

The abdomens rectus is a little weird in shape. It tapers as it reaches the ribs and costal cartilage and it's never perfectly symmetrical. Also, the last portion of the abdominis rectus doesn't have much of a separation down the centre line. It's often seen as one big muscle rather than two.

The back (posterior) view is where I have a bigger issue. You need to do just like what you did with the sternum and clavicle. You need to mark the landmarks and work from there. The most important landmark is the scapula. Then from there you can attach the trapezius, deltoid, infraspinatus, teres major/minor and rhomboid. You also have a tendency to miss the seventh cervical vertebra and to make the tendon of the trapezius very small.

The trapezius doesn't curve in and then out to go around the scapula. It's a muscle that sits on top of all other muscles and it has a tendency to slip over the scapula, making a continuos line down to the thoracic vertebra.

The posterior head of the deltoid is mostly tendon. This is common to miss but it only gets its muscle fibres when it reaches the rest of the deltoid muscle. Apart from that, there's just a bunch of flat fibres attaching it to the scapula.

The latissimus dorsi has a huge area of tendon where it attaches to the lumbar vertebra. It also sits over all other back muscles so when you draw the teres major, draw it beneath the latissimus dorsi. The latissimus dorsi attaches down by the iliac and the sacrum so make sure it attaches over everything else.

I won't get into the limbs because I think I've taken up enough of your thread (and I need to study them more to be able to feel comfortable critiquing them in-depth). Keep on working! and feel free to check out the Crimson Cadavers group for help with anatomy http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/showthre...6#pid85486

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Awesome studies! I especially like the muscle studies and the still life painting with the ink glass. How did you do the font on the package of the ink?

(07-19-2015, 01:22 PM)Zearthus Wrote: I think you would benefit a lot if you give this group a visit:
http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/showthre...6#pid85486

You can give you few pointers in your muscle since it's after all, a group based of dissecting the human body. Keep it up!

Thank you! I'll definitely be posting on that group! :)

(07-19-2015, 01:25 PM)ZombieChinchilla Wrote: Hey nice muscle studies! I really got get doing those myself, I struggle with muscles. Your SB overall is pretty solid, I'd like to see some stuff from imagination. I know you're studying Industrial Design, so is this more of a hobby? I'd love to see some more stuff from you. Keep it uuuuup.

Thanks!

I'm planning on do things from my imagination, I was thinking about that yesterday, that I need to put in practice what I study, I think I feel afraid that I'm going to fail hard and then be discouraged by that, but no more fear.

Yeah I'm studying ID, I don't really know if all these studies are more for a hobby or not, I really love ID and Concept Design. I think I want to follow the same path as Scott Robertson did, do some product design and also work on the entertainment industrie. I'm studying from his book now, and also planning to do some landscapes and cars and spaceships and all those cool things. It's a freaking awesome book, so much things and it's so easy to get lost in all those bazillion lines. In the end I just want to solve some problems with my drawings and paintings, i don't really care if it's a creature, a military facility or a hair dryer :P

(07-19-2015, 09:03 PM)The_Walking_Cat Wrote: Awesome studies! I especially like the muscle studies and the still life painting with the ink glass. How did you do the font on the package of the ink?

Thank you!

I did it in a separate layer in a orthographic view then using the free transform tool I placed it in the box
(07-19-2015, 08:32 PM)Tristan Berndt Wrote: Man, I like seeing people shill for the anatomy group (Thanks Zerathus).

Anyway, looks good, man :) Gonna give you a crit on the anatomy because you've got some good stuff going but there are also a few things you're missing.

So I'll start with front (anterior) view. I like that you clearly mark the clavicle, and sternum. You've missed the third origin of the pectorals major that attaches to tendon around the fifth rib.

You haven't really drawn the external obliques. They attach by the anterior superior iliac spine but you've drawn them so they attach somewhere near the pubis bone. The external oblique is a teardrop shape and is very easy to spot when looking at anatomy plates. The little bit you sometimes see moving down the anterior superior iliac spine is the internal oblique, a separate muscle.

The abdomens rectus is a little weird in shape. It tapers as it reaches the ribs and costal cartilage and it's never perfectly symmetrical. Also, the last portion of the abdominis rectus doesn't have much of a separation down the centre line. It's often seen as one big muscle rather than two.

The back (posterior) view is where I have a bigger issue. You need to do just like what you did with the sternum and clavicle. You need to mark the landmarks and work from there. The most important landmark is the scapula. Then from there you can attach the trapezius, deltoid, infraspinatus, teres major/minor and rhomboid. You also have a tendency to miss the seventh cervical vertebra and to make the tendon of the trapezius very small.

The trapezius  doesn't curve in and then out to go around the scapula. It's a muscle that sits on top of all other muscles and it has a tendency to slip over the scapula, making a continuos line down to the thoracic vertebra.

The posterior head of the deltoid is mostly tendon. This is common to miss but it only gets its muscle fibres when it reaches the rest of the deltoid muscle. Apart from that, there's just a bunch of flat fibres attaching it to the scapula.

The latissimus dorsi has a huge area of tendon where it attaches to the lumbar vertebra. It also sits over all other back muscles so when you draw the teres major, draw it beneath the latissimus dorsi. The latissimus dorsi attaches down by the iliac and the sacrum so make sure it attaches over everything else.

I won't get into the limbs because I think I've taken up enough of your thread (and I need to study them more to be able to feel comfortable critiquing them in-depth). Keep on working! and feel free to check out the Crimson Cadavers group for help with anatomy http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/showthre...6#pid85486

Oooh man, thank you so much!

I've written everything down on my notebook and I'll apply that on next studies. Sometimes I feel like I don't know what I'm doing and just trying to guess what is happening, I look for some reference photos but it's kinda hard to understand it correctly sometimes.

I'll be checking out your group and I'll post on it when I do some studies :D

Thank you once again!
Did one more figure study, trying to fix what I had done wrong before. I'm not really sure about that serratus and forearm, feels wrong right? I'll do a back study tomorrow and see if I can apply what Tristan said :)

[Image: 9fE89hO.jpg]

And I did a sketch of a dude, from imagination. I liked it and added some values, I thought I was not going to be able to do a 3/4 portrait from imagination, I was afraid, but I did better than I was expecting! :D But something bothers me on his mouth, I can't really tell what it is.

Quick Background story: He was a colonel from the US Marines and one day a portal ripped the sky and monsters came through it, he faced the Cliche Queen and got some really bad scars on his face.

[Image: 05hMSgP.jpg]
I've made some fixes, the mouth is better for me now, doesn't feel odd anymore. I tried to fix the rest but I'm not really sure, specially the eyes, what do you think?

Gotta train those heads! :D

[Image: vGjOxmb.jpg]
colonel is cool I love the scars. I would love to see a sketch of the cliche queen.

For post 25 I would look at the negative space between the legs. It is helpful to look at the negative space between the legs and to use to locate where the legs are. It is about a head length from the ankle of right leg to the left leg. The right leg looks fine. The foot of the left leg looks like it is too far from the foot of the right leg.

Nice studies. I can't wait to see more from you.

(07-21-2015, 03:41 AM)ZandraDragon Wrote: colonel is cool I love the scars. I would love to see a sketch of the cliche queen.

For post 25 I would look at the negative space between the legs. It is helpful to look at the negative space between the legs  and to use  to locate where the legs are. It is about a head length from the ankle of right leg to the left leg. The right leg looks fine. The foot of the left leg looks like it is too far from the foot of the right leg.

Nice studies. I can't wait to see more from you.

Thank you for the tip! I always forget to check negative spaces, must learn how to use it.

I did another muscle studies, I'm not sure about all the scapula area :/

[Image: 9gTEwa5.jpg]
Well, did some skull studies today, and tried to do a fast portrait, used reference to start sketching to get a nice angle and did the rest from imagination. It's a piece of crap, I know but have mercy :( I actually prefer the sketch then the shaded version, I was testing a new brush, it has a very nice texture but it's very hard to control the edges with it.

[Image: 7h6nyWa.jpg]

[Image: RFAxawI.jpg]

[Image: 1Qrf4PD.jpg]
Well, after 2 awful days without being able to draw, I managed to draw something, I'm kinda proud of it, it's basically the first 100% from imagination sketch that I do that I actually like.

I'll fix some things on the hair and leg after, but now I'll sleep, I'm really tired, but happy :)

[Image: tm1A9zI.jpg]