THE WORLD BUILDING GROUP
Here are thumbnails that I did for the character.
I already posted it in some discords and most people liked 6, followed by 1 and 7, and some also  liked 4.
I'm not sure whether having a bird is really a good idea. I basically added her because I like as many creatures as possible lol, but the bird was suppose to help her  in fight a little  / and performs simple tasks (for quest puzzle solving etc) and is also messenger.

Another option I had in mind since yesterday (after watching Sun Ukun animated movie) is her having monkey king as a companion, so that the game could be played by 2 people, or him just being AI joking all along the way and playing tricks. Reference franchise is quite "serious", but my project could be any, right? I'll do some sketches for him and see if I like the idea.

Below are 2 construction/anatomy based sketches in perspective and front view, without horse. I started putting clothes and weapons on those, but the way chinese and mongolian people carried weapons needed extra research, and soon I found myself designing her archery pack and sword, which I'm going to work on after I psot this :)

Attached Files Image(s)

I was a little stuck direction wise and this character development in general started too long ago so I made a clear plan and guide on style and quality, with deadlines, to get that done and move on.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here are first 2 steps of the plan. 
Life happening as usual (or more) but I'll keep working on my stuff anyway :)
Did some studies for faces and a little for bows/ornaments but no time rn to get it all together for posting.

Attached Files Image(s)

Some progress here, I also have sword sketches but some are too sloppy and some too detailed so I'll post later :)
Also did a still live for learning to paint engraved weapons and armor, see last file. Tried to go more simplified/painterly first but it seemes like pretty useless for like a modeler who eould create an item either for game or for actual printint/mold casting so I went for more detailed look

Attached Files Image(s)

That a nice object can't tell if it a shield or a jewel and i can't tell exactly what the green material is.Also the shadow suggest your object as some transparency it like it resin on top of a green layers. My second guess it that it some kind of polished jade but if it the case it to uniform of a texture and artificial looking.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
I'm not sure either even though I'm holding it rn, it seems like glass covered with plastic or yes, resin maybe. It's Aegis award for videogame Dota 2. Thank you for your comment!

I took a class recently and continued working on this universe. 
Here are thumbnails and sketches,
and at this point I consider only insect boss and swords complete (swords were done on my own before the class started)
I'm not happy with the goddess standing on dragons so I'll redo or dump her, but will try to finish another insect guy and that black flying furry creature (a pretty classic interpretation of Chaos in chinese myths, except he's usually shown hairless on old scrolls)

Attached Files Image(s)

Fascinating stuff Neopatogen, I love the creature designs and the sword designs.

Looking forward to more :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Thank you!
Finished another one.

Attached Files Image(s)

In Chinese, this creature is called 魔鬼 and means monster, evil spirit or devil.

Attached Files Image(s)

Wow, great design work again Neopatogen! I really liked the look of that wasp tail design as well.

Feels like you're making good progress with this world!

Keep it going girl!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook