tripna's sketchbook
Todays values, all from imagination. Changing my brush really helped :D

[Image: qkK2IyD.jpg]

[Image: omro0hO.jpg]
[Image: bmYLHWF.jpg]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]First two are statue studies; third is from imagination, trying to apply it.[/font]

[Image: HkGpPyd.jpg]

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: 91Z937b.jpg]

[Image: I9eoT0S.jpg]
[Image: Qe2TvGn.jpg]

Very nice stuff, but try to introduce some structure into these. Keep it up!

(02-14-2016, 09:25 AM)Hobitt Wrote: Very nice stuff, but try to introduce some structure into these. Keep it up!

Hey man, can you explain this further?

(02-14-2016, 10:47 AM)tripna Wrote:
(02-14-2016, 09:25 AM)Hobitt Wrote: Very nice stuff, but try to introduce some structure into these. Keep it up!

Hey man, can you explain this further?

Sure try to construct with basic forms, heres a video explaining this idea (there are a few more on the figure etc)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uEtdDvK6Xo

Yesterdays work

[Image: XwGqsNd.jpg]

Top cockroach is a song cover art for a friend, rest is random doodles.

[Image: DAp5veu.jpg]

damn ! your lines are delicious, keep it up !
Bruh

Good shit.

I can see you have good taste, so there's no need to crit anything, you're gonna figure it all out for sure.

Keep pushing and you'll be laughing through any struggles that try to break you down

o/

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
(02-16-2016, 02:46 PM)Raphael_Nadeau Wrote: damn ! your lines are delicious, keep it up !

Thanks man.

(02-17-2016, 07:13 AM)smrr Wrote: Bruh

Good shit.

I can see you have good taste, so there's no need to crit anything, you're gonna figure it all out for sure.

Keep pushing and you'll be laughing through any struggles that try to break you down

o/

Wow man thanks a lot, really motivating words. o/

Your rendering got better with that round brush and I love that scene with all the mechanics. The guy smoking is asking for a zoolander explosion. Your drawing is already very good, I think the next step to focus on accuracy of those lines and proportions of masses. I'm just guessing here but it looks like you are drawing from the feeling of where those contours turn(if that makes sense), which is good. But, I think the next step is to build on top of these gestural lines with accuracy.
(02-17-2016, 10:35 AM)BenFlores Wrote: Your rendering got better with that round brush and I love that scene with all the mechanics.  The guy smoking is asking for a zoolander explosion. Your drawing is already very good, I think the next step to focus on accuracy of those lines and proportions of masses. I'm just guessing here but it looks like you are drawing from the feeling of where those contours turn(if that makes sense), which is good. But, I think the next step is to build on top of these gestural lines with accuracy.

Thanks man , yeah changing the brush helped a lot.
It definately makes sense what you just said and thats something Ive been aiming to achieve, I draw mostly without thinking just throwing in lines where I see fit, I think thats a good thing if you keep the sense of flow, but I mess up the structure a lot. I try to observe the human structure but Im not sure how Im gonna achieve that volume accuracy without losing the looseness.

Hey there, I really like your lines, they convey a sense of volume and form really well. I approve of that cockroach cover art. :D

StardustLarva
Hey there, I really like your lines, they convey a sense of volume and form really well. I approve of that cockroach cover art. :D

Thanks man.

Some designs for a challenge we started with friends, every month we'll pick a topic and do designs for it. This months was WW3 military design and I picked Scandanavian Union.

[Image: hr0gKKS.jpg]

[Image: hqXv1Ba.jpg]

[Image: kq3tYNO.jpg]

[Image: bDtNWBG.jpg]