AChi's sketchbook~
I for one love the simplification! It can be hard to pick which traits to keep and you've been acing it, creating very elegant and expressive designs.

(04-03-2023, 12:30 PM)Leo Ki Wrote: I can relate to the need to simplify for time constraints...
What breed is the top-left one? (if it's a dog indeed)

That's a fox lol

[Image: Ft1noGCaIAIaMho?format=jpg&name=small]

(03-20-2023, 03:20 PM)AChi Wrote:
(03-20-2023, 07:20 AM)Dominicque Wrote: Bruh, those the way you captured those planes. *Chefs kiss* You would make a KILLING doing pet portraits, my man. Bitches love their pets. Seriously, though, these are lovely to gaze upon. Do you have any particular artist parents you learned from to gain this style or were you just learning techniques and it came about?

I’m mainly inspired by Mike Mignola, Satoshi Matsuura, Ludwig Hohlwein, Norbertine Bresslern-Roth and traditional woodcut prints, old style posters and ExLibris

I can deffo see the Mignola influence, but I've never heard of Matsuura, but he has a lot of sharp angles and defined silhouettes. Hohlwein and Bresslern-Roth, are very graphic styles with layers, especially love the latter's framing and rendering of animals. (When I googled 'ExLibris' I got a educational software company.)  Thanks for introducing me to them, you sure have a preference you gravitate towards!
These doggos are great! Would love to see a shell-shaded game in this style one day
(04-21-2023, 08:21 PM)AChi Wrote: That's a fox lol

Oh! What fox species then? It's a stocky one, and this dark tail.
At first I was searching in the direction of wild dogs but the brush tail didn't match.

(04-25-2023, 12:34 PM)Leo Ki Wrote:
(04-21-2023, 08:21 PM)AChi Wrote: That's a fox lol

Oh! What fox species then? It's a stocky one, and this dark tail.
At first I was searching in the direction of wild dogs but the brush tail didn't match.

the reference photo says it's a red fox, but in the process of changing fur color