AChi's sketchbook~
some drawings

Attached Files Image(s)

Intresting do you use sketchbook pro? Because you seem to use the fill option incorrectly if it not intentional.Triple click will normally fix the edge issue due to pixellisation.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(10-19-2019, 09:50 PM)darktiste Wrote: Intresting do you use sketchbook pro? Because you seem to use the fill option incorrectly if it not intentional.Triple click will normally fix the edge issue due to pixellisation.

Thank you for the suggestion, i actually use Photoshop. I think the minor gap when filling black is due to use of quick select tool.there are ways to fix this but i didnt bother to do that. leaving this minor gaps actually helps me to identify where the line was.

Beautiful thread all along. No constructive critique from me, sorry.
With your line and brush economy I'd like to see (ultra)speed paints from imagination :)

Hey!!! Nice shapes!! Loving your sketchbook!! Keep it up!
Thank you @Leo Ki and @Matheus Chastinet

===

two long-term photo studies. I started with the crab one from early 2018 and didnt finished it til this year ( i did not continuous working on it tho). and the crowd one i started in 2019.

In the crab painting i was focusing on applying the layer properties to create the texture. and in the crowd painting i was focusing on clothing and not paying too much attention on details. I used to do some of similar long-term photo studies trying to make it as close to the real photo as i can. By doing that i am forced to utilise software tools and techniques, at the beginning i can learn a lot from doing practices like this. But after these two I realise that i can no longer learn as much as i used to by doing similar studies. It's just about the ratio of invest time and outcome, and since Iam no longer in the uni i dont have that much time.

After these two I will focusing on some other type of studies. But I still recommend anyone who is not familiar to the software and digital tools to at least do one or two of these studies, just aiming to utilise all techniques that can make it looks like your reference picture, in that way you will quickly learn and get used to digital painting tools.

Attached Files Image(s)

Cool studies!
Like you sketches, they must be mike mignola inspired? You capture his style so well

was there some digital tool or strategy that you learnt was extremly valuable in creating the polish on that crab piece?
(12-25-2019, 09:17 PM)Moscito Wrote: Cool studies!
Like you sketches, they must be mike mignola inspired? You capture his style so well

was there some digital tool or strategy that you learnt was extremly valuable in creating the polish on that  crab piece?

Hi Moscito,

Yes, mainly Mignola, and some other artists which were not shown in the previous posts (I forget to upload some more recent drawings trying different styles).

for the crab, the main point is to apply technique i learn from jama jurabaev's tutorial which is using the layer style in photoshop, Bevel&Emboss to create rough texture, it's like a fake 3d effect.

oh cool, I'm eventually going to go through some more of jama's stuff actually. such a well of knowledge. Didn't know he taught those techniques as well. U got me excited for those gummie tuts now. Thanks for the reply!
Love those long-term studies man - wow you must have super-human patience!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

(01-15-2020, 07:53 AM)Artloader Wrote: Love those long-term studies man - wow you must have super-human patience!
I dont have much patience that's why it took me ~1 year for each of these to be "completed", I call it completed cos i dont want to continue anymore...  but in fact i didnt spend much time on these, only ~2hr /day for maybe intotal 1 week's work. But i spread the total length too long.

some recent studies

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice studies man - I love the mark making on those foxes - reminds me of some Jama Jurabaev stuff.

What's your aim with these studies - you got a project involving foxes and penguins?

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

(02-10-2020, 06:16 AM)Artloader Wrote: Nice studies man - I love the mark making on those foxes - reminds me of some Jama Jurabaev stuff.

What's your aim with these studies - you got a project involving foxes and penguins?

Yes I am developing a video game with other two friends. Doing studies for the characters.

a few latest drawings..

Attached Files Image(s)

==========

Attached Files Image(s)

your shapes are powerful as hell, always love being reminded this sketchbook exists

Wink 
(05-25-2020, 11:56 PM)Gliger Wrote: your shapes are powerful as hell, always love being reminded this sketchbook exists
Thank you Gliger for reminding me there are still someone viewing my sketchbook :)

drawing of my dog

Attached Files Image(s)

Wow, love your sketches. and the dog painting is bootiful.