AChi's sketchbook~
(08-09-2020, 07:52 PM)AChi Wrote: drawing of my dog

Wow, love that dog painting. Lots of interesting brushwork going on

(01-20-2022, 07:39 PM)AChi Wrote:
(01-20-2022, 02:00 PM)cicakkia Wrote: Really love the shape of all your drawing. That shape tiger is just gorgeous. Mind if asking what pixel resolution do you usually use to draw like that black and white dog portrait spesific #292 post?

in the past year I did all my drawings on Ipad, I only used a default resolution provided in procreate as the "screen size" of 2388 x 1668. But for the #292 post it was only a section I cropped from a whole page, roughly about 1/2 of the default size.
Thanks. Appreciate for the answer. Can't wait to see more of yours art

Sorry if I ask too much. Do you have any instagram available? it seems the one in a signature link doesn't work.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

(02-01-2022, 04:29 PM)cicakkia Wrote:
(01-20-2022, 07:39 PM)AChi Wrote:
(01-20-2022, 02:00 PM)cicakkia Wrote: Really love the shape of all your drawing. That shape tiger is just gorgeous. Mind if asking what pixel resolution do you usually use to draw like that black and white dog portrait spesific #292 post?

in the past year I did all my drawings on Ipad, I only used a default resolution provided in procreate as the "screen size" of 2388 x 1668. But for the #292 post it was only a section I cropped from a whole page, roughly about 1/2 of the default size.
Thanks. Appreciate for the answer. Can't wait to see more of yours art

Sorry if I ask too much. Do you have any instagram available? it seems the one in a signature link doesn't work.

the link for instagram should work now

recent things

Attached Files Image(s)

procreate

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: FZfGjZoVsAEdiwF?format=jpg&name=small][Image: FfmDKFTUAAAw4ng?format=jpg&name=900x900]

Me need more doggy thank you.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
This planar simplification is delicious! That's it, I don't have anything useful to say, I'll just stand here grinning and marveling at those satisfying planes.

[Image: FTcR8dSVEAAhHd_?format=jpg&name=small]
still old pic, but more dogs

[Image: Fq8IWy3agAE5oFo?format=jpg&name=small][Image: FrlJnsqaMAECQN8?format=jpg&name=small]

dogs..

Bruh, those the way you captured those planes. *Chefs kiss* You would make a KILLING doing pet portraits, my man. Bitches love their pets. Seriously, though, these are lovely to gaze upon. Do you have any particular artist parents you learned from to gain this style or were you just learning techniques and it came about?
(03-20-2023, 07:20 AM)Dominicque Wrote: Bruh, those the way you captured those planes. *Chefs kiss* You would make a KILLING doing pet portraits, my man. Bitches love their pets. Seriously, though, these are lovely to gaze upon. Do you have any particular artist parents you learned from to gain this style or were you just learning techniques and it came about?

I’m mainly inspired by Mike Mignola, Satoshi Matsuura, Ludwig Hohlwein, Norbertine Bresslern-Roth and traditional woodcut prints, old style posters and ExLibris

Woodcut prints, yes! Have you tried making some in actual wood?

(03-21-2023, 11:19 AM)Leo Ki Wrote: Woodcut prints, yes! Have you tried making some in actual wood?

Not up to woodcut yet, but I have carved some rubber stamps

(03-21-2023, 11:41 AM)AChi Wrote: Not up to woodcut yet, but I have carved some rubber stamps

Wow! Have you posted them already and I missed them?

(03-21-2023, 01:14 PM)Leo Ki Wrote:
(03-21-2023, 11:41 AM)AChi Wrote: Not up to woodcut yet, but I have carved some rubber stamps

Wow! Have you posted them already and I missed them?

No I don’t post any of my crafts here as this is a sketchbook only. I think I only posted it once on twitter but didn’t continue.

[Image: FsoDXX9aQAA1gx7?format=jpg&name=small]

Part of me wants to see less chunky line work but that's just me coming from a place of too much details is the correct amount of details, and also it makes sense when I read you do work with stamps. This application of bold lines works great when you also apply the texture of inked wood or lino onto paper or fabric.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
(04-02-2023, 01:01 PM)RottenPocket Wrote: Part of me wants to see less chunky line work but that's just me coming from a place of too much details is the correct amount of details, and also it makes sense when I read you do work with stamps. This application of bold lines works great when you also apply the texture of inked wood or lino onto paper or fabric.

I used to aim for more details... as per my old posts in this thread years ago. But now since I have a full time job (and dont want to give up my my gaming time) I decided to go with simplicity. I dont have the patience to work on the same drawing for a month anymore...

I can relate to the need to simplify for time constraints...
What breed is the top-left one? (if it's a dog indeed)