CGMythology's Sketchbook
Cool stuff! I'm fond of the Cat Woman portrait. Really good design.

Some of it feels a bit forced/stiff on the whole, I think that more candid and less posed drawings would really help you loosen up a bit! I have struggled with this myself.

As for your latest WIP, I'd be careful with the environment textures as they are all very "samey" at this point. Be sure to pay attention to the separation of materials and the gradual scaling of detail as things recede.

Whew, I hope that's not too overwhelming; I just see a ton of potential!

Plus I'm telling myself these things too, haha. Keep up the cool works.

||SKETCHBOOK||. Bomb
Youtube Channel (Process, Tips on how to get work, etc...)
(11-18-2016, 11:24 PM)Dennis Kutsenko Wrote: I get the feeling the alien is thinking "My eyes are up here human"

Pretty nice piece. I think you could probably use more atmospheric perspective on that blue moon up there in the sky, feels a little out of place at the moment.

LOL that's funny, I did bring the alien's head down more, maybe that evens it out a bit hopefully.  Good point about the planet, I altered it a bit (lightened up the values so it doesn't pop out as much!). The image is pretty much complete at this point, spent a lot of time on the detailing and texture work to really bring it to life.  I'm still open to any final input before I consider this finished, so feel free to critique! 

[Image: 15_zpselyg4jlp.jpg]

I finalized the image, here it is:

[Image: aliencontact_zpsvtwynazb.jpg]

Had the time to resume work on the Harley Quinn illustration, here is the current progress as well:

[Image: 9_zpsstn9lulh.jpg]

Feedback is welcome as always :)

I finished up the Harley Quinn Pin-Up Illustration, very pleased with how it turned out. Here is the final version:

[Image: HarleyQuinn_zpstsnplljm.jpg]

I'm still in 'Fan Art' mode, so I worked on a sketch based on the Zelda series. Spent quite some time on the linework, here is the current sketch:

[Image: 0_zpsgnxnfawf.jpg]

Any feedback is always appreciated, as always.

Here's the first color pass, trying to avoid over-saturation at this stage. I'm going with a golden color scheme as I want it to have an iconic feel, pretty pleased with the coloring so far:

[Image: 1_zpsz1kly15r.jpg]

Made some progress on the painting, using only hard edged brushes at this point, defining form, lighting, etc. Pretty happy with the progress, and I'll keep in mind not to go crazy with over saturation which seems to be a recent bad habit of mine. Any feedback appreciated as always!

[Image: 3_zps83uchma6.jpg]

Nice stuff you have here *.* I really like the colors in the last zelda piece. But you should watch out for the perspective of links face. Its kinda off. Maybe get some reference of a face in similar perspective and try to understand how that works. Hope that helps :D

(02-10-2017, 08:22 AM)NoodleInBox Wrote: Nice stuff you have here *.* I really like the colors in the last zelda piece. But you should watch out for the perspective of links face. Its kinda off. Maybe get some reference of a face in similar perspective and try to understand how that works. Hope that helps :D

Thank you! The perspective is a bit difficult but I should be able to tackle it better at a later point when I merge the sketch layer with the painting, just makes things easier.  

Current progress, pretty pleased with how it's coming along.  I altered the central character's jaw and chin a bit to make it look more natural, still needs a bit tweaking, however:

[Image: 5_zpsmtwxjfi1.jpg]

great  sketchbook CGMythology :)
this illustration of Zelda this really cool, O.O just be careful with the color that you use background and how it affects the other colors.

Here I just was playing with the composition by slightly moving the triangle more down and not in the Center. 

^^.

Attached Files Image(s)

'The best way to have a good ideas is to have a lot of ideas ' Linus Paulingth
Abnormal: Thanks, will try to keep the colors in mind, don't want the fire to be too overwhelming.

Taking a break from my Zelda piece to work on a Steampunk themed illustration for some friends, just finished up the sketch:

[Image: 1_zpseg1rkkb4.jpg]

First color pass, going for a rich magenta to gold color theme with this, pretty pleased with my color choices so far:

[Image: 2_zpsdyvl63tn.jpg]

Been working nonstop on this image, it's starting to come together although it still has ways to go. Focused on rendering form exclusively with hard edged brushes:

[Image: 4_zpsdjuluvbk.jpg]

Worked on the image some more, spent quite some time rendering the characters which are seem to coming together. Background still needs a lot of work. Current progress:

[Image: 6_zpsffpa0m61.jpg]

Current progress, it's finally coming together:

[Image: 8_zpsj1bozqp8.jpg]

Current progress, it's slowly getting there...

[Image: 9_zpsofbar83p.jpg]

Pretty fun to watch those updates as they come along I have to say.

I'd soften the lighting on her breasts a tad-- they look a little siliconey, and maybe experiment with lighting more. The frontal light is fine, but sometimes it looks a little unnatural compared to the environment the characters are in (the alien and astronaut has a very graphic look to it). Keep it up.
(03-28-2017, 08:27 PM)Hozure Wrote: Pretty fun to watch those updates as they come along I have to say.

I'd soften the lighting on her breasts a tad-- they look a little siliconey, and maybe experiment with lighting more. The frontal light is fine, but sometimes it looks a little unnatural compared to the environment the characters are in (the alien and astronaut has a very graphic look to it). Keep it up.

Thanks, good point regarding the frontal light, it's definitely the easiest lighting condition to tackle but I have to keep the whole image in mind to give it a more natural look.  I'll keep mental note of this while I work on my paintings.

I finalized the Steampunk illustration;  Quite pleased with how this one turned out, and I'm happy to hear that my friends are extremely happy with it, so mission accomplished!  Here is the final image:

[Image: steampunk_zpsgw7r5wnr.jpg]

I've been freelancing non stop as well, and one of the projects inspired a personal piece which I hope to work on during my free time.  It's a depiction of Gaia, and I want this image to be very straight forward.  Below is the sketch followed by some flats, obviously still in very early phase:

[Image: 0_zpsajinzofl.jpg]

[Image: 1_zpsswoqlczt.jpg]

Feedback is always very much appreciated!

On Gaia.
I found the "bush" kind of funny. 
If you dont want it to be funny maybe you could rest the globe on her legs. Getting rid of the "bush"
Also as an idea, you may have her hands inside the globe, some kind of translucent, ghosty, see through thingy.
Just ideas...

Sketchbook: p1 p2 p3 p4 p5 p6 p7
(05-20-2017, 08:34 PM)AlfonsoX Wrote: On Gaia.
I found the "bush" kind of funny. 
If you dont want it to be funny maybe you could rest the globe on her legs. Getting rid of the "bush"
Also as an idea, you may have her hands inside the globe, some kind of translucent, ghosty, see through thingy.
Just ideas...

Great ideas, I'll probably alter the color to green so it pops out less and looks more 'natural', thanks for your suggestion!

Worked on the image a great deal, pretty pleased with how it's turning out, pretty much exactly how I have it envisioned so that's always a plus.  Going to play up the detailing and texture work on the figure soon:

[Image: 4_zpsklq1nv6l.jpg]

Worked on the image further, defined it a lot more and smoothened out the brushwork of the figure.  I want to do something creative with the skin texture so she looks more moss-like, probably will create some custom brushes to do so.  Here is the current progress:

[Image: 7_zpsrhfnm84m.jpg]