OneSketchMan's Training Montage
Dude that space ship looks sweet! You should do lots more vehicles. You'll learn perspective from doing them too. Those floating 3d shape drawings are great too. You should shade them in too every once in a while.

*dusts debris off shoulder* Aaaalright... after a week spent with many cardboard boxes and no internet, I am finally back!

Thanks for the feedback! Hard-surface/vehicles is actually what I am most looking forward to, but I want to take things more or less "in order" unless I'm drawing for fun. CGMA starts next week - gotta git gud for that, so I can git more gud from it <_<

== Day ...uhhh... 37-43? ==

One disadvantage of no internet is that I didn't have easy access to reference images, so I couldn't do the animal lay-ins I've been doing for a while. Luckily, I found something else I could improve. I was wondering why my long lines always looked like crap even though my short lines were getting pretty good, and I finally figured it out - I got in the bad habit of drawing short lines from the elbow. So, I spent the last week re-learning to draw short lines from the shoulder, and saw my long lines improve as a consequence.

I'm also doing some very rough diagrams of medieval plate armor, to try and figure out its shape language for a design idea that I have. I'll be posting that, too (although it's a lot more stream-of-thought than even the exercises).

Attached Files Image(s)

Awesome spaceship! Your studies definitely help! It's also a great idea to draw the same object rotated under different angles, like you did with the helmets.

I did similar stuff the first year I was "getting serious" about learning art. You'll build a strong habit of drawing everyday like this. I hope you can keep up this consistency for the long haul. Keep up the good work!

Looong time no post. CGMA has started (two weeks ago, actually), so I'll switch to posting my weekly homework after I hand it in every week, along with random doodles that happen along the way. Here's the first two weeks. A lot of it looks... familiar... :)

Attached Files Image(s)

such dedication dude! the presentation are clean and your composition boxes look good.
what materials do you use in doing these? are you taking the CGMA Dynamic sketching 1 by peter han?

Yep, this is Dynamic Sketching 1, but I'm in Patrick's class.

For materials, I'm using felt-tip pens of various brands for lines and copics for shading (W1 and W4, because I was too cheap to buy the whole pack, and I haven't needed any more so far). I was using plain office paper before, but for the class I actually got some toned paper/cardstock which I like a lot better.
Dynamic Sketching: Week 3, and random doodles.

Attached Files Image(s)

Dynamic Sketching - Week 4: Attack of the Shiny Poops

Also, doodles of my coworker's excessively fluffy doge.

Attached Files Image(s)

Damn you are taking your moniker damn serious! kickass. One hell of a work ethic on display here.

Make sure with those doggo studies that you are using the lessons from your perspective stuff when drawing them. They are drop in quality from the rest of the stuff.

Drawing out of perspective is like singing out of tune. I'll throw a shoe at you if you do it.
Sketch Book
Awesome work! I'm currently doing some box compositions from drawabox.com, but I could never imagine they could be done in such a creative way! I'll be checking out your stuff for inspiration, please keep it up!

Dynamic Sketching Week 5,
wherein I draw what I used to do as a kid - playing with blocks and taking things apart.

Attached Files Image(s)

Dynamic Sketching Weeks 6-8! The class is now over, so I'll be drawing random things for a month until Perspective starts last week of July. Ideally this will mean more updates here, since I won't be grouping my stuff into weekly buckets anymore.

Attached Files Image(s)